Rate Dr. Edward Mah

Dr. Edward Mah's Ratings

I am an adult who at age 40 ( finally) decided to get my teeth straightened. I chose Dr.Mah as his office is close to my workplace and my dentist referred me to him. I am now out of my braces ( it took less than 2 years) and could not be happier with the result. I only wish that I had done it sooner. Dr. Mah is friendly, punctual, and responded to any concerns that I had. Between visits I could email or call the office for assistance and they would promptly respond. The office staff are professional, and the treatment proceeded exactly as it was explained to me. I would have recommended Dr. Mah to my friends and co-workers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I have been going to Dr.Mah for 2 years now and have had the best experience. I always looked forward to my appointments with him and seeing the friendly staff there as well. His office has a very welcoming and safe atmosphere for anyone. Everyone was nothing but professional and caring throughout my time here. I would recommend him to anyone and am very sad that I will no longer be seeing his and his staff's smiling faces.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Mah for about two years of treatment, and have had nothing but excellent service from him and his staff. I had severe crowding and needed adult braces but was on a budget, so i opted to only have my top teeth done. The first orthodontist i saw refused to do it that way, but Dr. Mah let me make that decision. I had an issue where one tooth came unglued from the wire retainer and i didn't go back until i noticed it had rotated. This extended treatment by months. He *could* have blamed/billed me for not checking in sooner, but we didn't even have that conversation. He just fixed it. He's smart and friendly, and great with all the younger patients. His assistants are kind and skilled. Kristina runs the front office with a warm smile and equal professionalism. My only caveat is to use the phone as email is not checked often. I paid with post-dated cheques and never had any issues. Overall i recommend North Burnaby Orthodontics with the greatest confidence. A+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

We have nothing but great things to say about our experience with Dr. Mah. He was both very knowledgable and personable, listened to what we had to say, and took the time to explain how he was going to execute our daughter's ortho plan. As parents, not knowing what to expect, we felt confident that our daughter's health, hygiene and smile would be well taken care of. We very much appreciate his "inclusiveness" in this process. We highly recommend Dr. Edward Mah.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I have only had very good experiences working with Dr. Mah, his assistants, and his staff. Dr. Mah is very professional, caring and he pays attention to his patients and their families. I was in a situation where I was starting a new job and also dealing with an ex-wife who was unwilling to support and contribute to helping our son with his orthodontic needs. Dr. Mah and his staff gave me some options and were very patient in awaiting my decision. They put in additional effort to provide me with a solution that other orthodontists found to be so difficult. Dr.Mah and his staff always treat my son with respect; they listen to his concerns and make sure that they achieve the absolute best possible result. The office is run superbly by Kristina. A knowledgeable, warm, friendly and professional administrator. I would highly recommend Dr.Mah and his team to anyone looking for an experienced & talented orthodontist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Mah is a very difficult person to talk to when you tell him your complaints about your treatment. He has come up with different excuses every time I bring up a problem and in the end he blamed my teeth for being the way that they are and that this is the best it's going to get. I've had braces with him twice and finally I went to other orthodontist who have told me my teeth are in no way perfect and that I will need another 18-24 month treatment on top of having two treatments with Dr. Mah who refuses to believe that my teeth aren't lined up. But my bite is uneven and he refuses to acknowledge this. My own hygienist and dentist have told me so multiple times and find it laughable that I've had treatment twice :( my advice is to stay away. I can't believe I paid him and he wants money for a third treatment.. He should fix his mistakes tbh but I'm so done with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr Mah is good, but I have endless trouble working with her receptionist/office manager. The rate 1 helpfulness goes to her. Whenever there is a problem, she is always in a defensive mode and not trying to help to solve problems. One time, she called me for a visit because she has trouble communicating with my husband, she said:"your husband is DIFFICULT TO COMMUNICATE WITH, we have an important message to discuss with you, we need to schedule an appointment to come with your husband". What, even if you have difficulties to work with your client (husband and/or wife), you never said that in front of them to insult them. My girl is almost done with the treatment, I don't want to leave her in the dark, otherwise, I would have switch to another orthodontist, customer service is DOWN TO EARTH here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2013

We have had wonderful service at this office. We have taken three of our four children there and they are wonderful. Dr. Mah does a good job, however I have to disagree with the last posting. Obviously this individual has a grudge or is just a very nasty individual with nothing better to do than post dishonest comments. Kristina is wonderful at her job and my kids look forward to their appointments because of "her". She is great with the kids and amazing at her job. I question the validity of the previous posting as there is only one assistant at this office and as a concientious parent myself, one would think a parent would know the office and staff. Give no heed to that previous posting. Kristina, keep up the good work!! We love you guys.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2012

The staff are very professional, knowledgeable, freindly and helpful. Always a pleasent experience never a concern. Dr. Mah is wonderful with his patients. I highly recomend this orthodonist and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2012

Our experience with Dr. Mah and his staff has been nothing but a positive one. Everyone there is very friendly,kind, informative, patient and effecient. Christing the Office Manager runs the office like clockwork she is on top of everything and always greeting you with a smile and a good sense of humour as well. I have nothing but respect for Dr. Mah and his staff two out of my three children have received braces by Dr. Mah and we have never had a problem, I highly recommend him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][495474].votes_count ]]