Dr. Rachel Lacy Anderson

Grad. Year: 2004

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 12/03/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Rachel Lacy Anderson has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5636009
10/07/14 1 2 1 1 The office staff was very rude once they found out I had no insurance. Dr Anderson spent very little time with me and didn't even look at the pain survey I filled out. I was charged as a new patient when I was not a new patient and could not get anybody to tell me why. I also cannot get anybody to call me back when I have questions even though they say they will call back in 24 hours. It also takes weeks to get an appointment. Dr.Anderson was more concerned about our vacation and telling about hers than she was about my health.  Respond
RID: 5345910

15/04/14 1 1 1 1 I scheduled my appointment months in advance as there was a long wait for new patients (3-4 months). I received a voicemail reminder on April 11th stating my appointment was April 15th at 2pm. The voicemail clearly stated that I was to "please" show up 15 minutes early. When I showed up about 13 minutes early I was told that I should have been 30 minutes early and that I would have to reschedule. I explained to the receptionist that I've waited months, taken off work, and showed up early for my appointment and that I am not rescheduling due to THEIR mistake. The receptionist went and talked to a nurse and came back with the solution that I could stay and see if they could fit me in, like a walk-in, but it would "take awhile" despite the fact that I had a clearly scheduled appointment. Played the voicemail for Elizabeth, office manager, as well as clerical staff. Absolutely no customer service or ownership of their mistake, and a waste of time. Not even an apology. Completely pathetic.  Respond
RID: 5285613

19/03/14 1 3 2 1 staff is incompetent & does not follow thru with making referrals or follow ups on a timely manner; dr is two-faced & acts like she cares until you obtain a copy of your medical records & see what she has actually written about you. very disappointing & is the reason our whole family switched providers. when you write something about one of us parents, you can sometimes ignore it but when she writes something really negative about two of our three children...shame on HER!!!
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $60
RID: 4904991

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.7  Respond

15/08/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Rachael Lacy" to "Rachel Lacy"

15/08/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "R. Lacy" to "Rachael Lacy"
RID: 1708733
08/02/12 4 4 5 5 I really like Dr. Anderson. She listens and is open to hearing your ideas about what you need. My one and only complaint is that she never has same day, or even next day appointments if you are sick. They always refer me to the urgent care clinic. My problem with that is the co-pay difference is 15 dollars. It may not seem like much, but that's not counting prescriptions. Not to mention that I am on a limited income so a 50 dollar urgent care visit is a big deal for my budget. That is why I didn't give 5 stars for punctuality. Heather is great nurse and I feel very comfortable talking to both her and Dr. Anderson.  Respond
RID: 1659756
13/12/11 5 5 5 5 I seriously LOVE Dr. Anderson. As someone who hates going to the doctor, I find her ready to listen, and you do not at all feel like just a number. You feel like a person. again, LOVE her.
RID: 1474000
27/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson listens--period. She is quite willing to try new therapies or medications but always incorporates the patient's suggestions and concerns into the decision process. She treats patients as intelligent human beings who, through long association with their own maladies, have become the first crucial source of information in the search for the best medical modalities for their care. She is not a "pill pusher," a lecturer or a zombie who stares through the patient or keeps her nose in a file. With Dr. Anderson, you are a full partner in your own care. I hope she is a harbinger of the future of medicine in America.
RID: 1271648
14/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson is the best doctor I have ever seen! She is patient, kind, and knows her stuff. Always willing to answer questions and listen. Love her!
RID: 1267243
07/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Anderson is hands down the most wonderful and thorough physician I have ever seen. She and her staff make you feel like you are important, and they are so kind and caring. Thumbs up for this doctor for shining in a world of ambivalence.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1230683
17/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson is the best!!! She is so patient, kind and willing to refer,if necessary. I've gone to her since moving to Norman a couple of years ago and wouldn't trade her for the world.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1166293
10/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson is the best physician I have ever visited. She is friendly, listens attentively, puts you at ease and is impressively knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I'm moving out of the area; otherwise, I would hope to have her as my family physician for life. I can't recommend her highly enough. My wife and son both feel the same way about her that I do.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $18
RID: 1135156
24/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lacy Anderson is a God-send. I am a middle-aged female who had been having some problems and went to see Dr. Anderson and truly didn't realize doctors like her even existed anymore. She was very thorough, asked me very pertinent and necessary questions, listened to what I had to say and wanted to make sure I understood everything she had to say. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor before, and that was after only one visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Anderson. From my experience, and I've seen a lot of doctors, not many deserve to be placed in a category of such high standings as Dr. Lacy Anderson.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 740915
10/12/08 5 5 5 5 Very personable, friendly, and helpful. Knowledgeable and willing to explain.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 707278
22/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson is amazing! My best friend actually referred me to her because I was having a hard time finding a doctor I liked and she had seen Dr. Anderson a few times and absolutely loved her. After seeing her I had to agree. Dr. Anderson actually pays attention and listens to EVERYTHING you say, not just what fits her diagnosis, like I've found a lot of doctors do! I have some complex medical issues and a lot of doctors just blow me off but she really cares and that's what's so great about her! Plus her staff members are very helpful and sincere as well. I tell everyone I know to go see her!
Insurance: Tricare