You may also like

Rate Dr. David M. McKalip

Dr. David M. McKalip's Ratings

"Dr. McKalip takes time to evaluate you and come up with the best plan for your care that you understand. You will have all your questions answered and will never feel rushed or confused!"

That is the title from his website and my experience was completely the opposite. He seemed very rushed and after telling me my MRI/X-rays came back just fine told me I have arthritis in my lower back. Recommended exercise and physical therapy. How about tell me how and why I have arthritis and what other options are available to me as physical therapy and exercise has not worked thus far.
This Dr is very nonchalant and condescending in his conversation and diagnosis. He may be a great surgeon but if you need someone who cares to help and understand why you have neck and back pain go to someone else as this guy is not it. His office staff is very pleasant though which makes the extremely high co-payment somewhat worthy. One other positive is the wait is not long and you are seen within 15 minutes of arrival.

This is from a guy who wants to represent the people of St Petersburg as a city councilman and makes fun of our President via email and cowardly issues a no comment on the matter. Do yourself a favor and find someone who cares about your condition and your time while offering explanations for why you are in pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. McKalip is an outstanding physician--knowledgeable, compassionate and professional. Several years ago he diagnosed and operated on my husband who suffered excrutiating back pain for a year. After surgery, my husband awoke pain-free and has remained so every since. I recently saw Dr. McKalip for sciatica pain. He reviewed my MRI, answered all of my questions thoroughly, and explained my options. He does not rush through appointments but really looks at you, talks to (not at) you and assists you in finding the best solution for your problem. We hold Dr. McKalip in very high esteem and have recommended him to friends.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2478714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Post laminectomy, am slowly re-growing use of my lower extremities. Before my laminectomy, I could barely use my left leg. I am very grateful to Dr. McKalip and his skills. Also, I am grateful to Penn for her support, post surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][497161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Dr. McKalip is a great doctor. He is extremely intelligent and has helped me. He is caring and spends much time with his patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][497160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2009

I have never met a doctor that spent so much time with me and answered all of my questions. I went to Dr. McKalip for a second opinion for back surgery and he actually explained ALL of my options.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][497159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2009

Dr. McKalip answered all my questions and concerns. He was very helpful and put me at ease!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][497158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2009

Dr. McKalip listened to my complaints and took time to explain all treatments. I travel an hour to see him because he is, in my opinion, the best in this area.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][497157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

What a great doctor! He spent 45 min. with me reviewing my films and explaining my reports!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][497156].votes_count ]]