Dr. Neal G. Breit

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Neal G. Breit has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what insurance does the dr accept?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 3610376

20/11/13 1 1 1 3   See Responses

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Neal" to "Neal G."
RID: 2665844
29/05/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Breit saved my life and my fetus's life while I was pregnant. I met him in the emergency room in 2010, and I have been his patient since that day. After years of hospital and doctors trips, I am in the best health ever under his care. He thoroughly reviews all your records, and finds real diagnososes and treatments for sometimes uncommon issues. I like that he listens to your needs and concerns and doesn't always rush to medication. He has called me on several occasions at home and has taken calls very late when I had some emergencies. He has a new office with a much more organized staff as of 2013. Dr. Breit's staff cuts my waiting room time down by calling me the day of and letting me know what time I should actually head to the office. He is a wonderful person and doctor, who is always trying to improve his services for his patients.
RID: 2655724
23/05/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Breit is the best doctor I've even been to. You will have to wait long in his waiting room, but that's only because he spends as much time with you as needed. Each time I went to him, he spent at lease an hour and a half with me. Sometimes more. He never rushes you. Answers all of your questions. He'll let you go on and on and listen to ever word. He's very thorough. He's the only doctor that was able to help me. And to top it all off, he has a great sense of humor. Had me constantly laughing. Since I'm the worst hypochondriac, he was just what I needed. I've never in my life gone to a doctor who spent so much time with me and really listed, understood and was so great at what he does! I'd give him 10 stars if I could! I wish I could have given him a 5 for punctuality, but like I said, he's only late because he gives you all the time you need.
RID: 2636049
30/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Breit is wonderful. Spent 1 hour with me. I am a diabetic for 4 years and have a thyroid history since 1974. Asked me medical questions no one has ever asked me and seemed very interested in me and said something at the end no doctor has ever said to me about problem I've had; "Don't worry we're going to get you better". I did have to wait but like everyone else said, the wait was worth it.
RID: 2554286
08/02/13 1 1 5 5 Dr. Breit is an amazing doctor, but his front staff is the worst I have ever dealt with. They don't pick up the phone, responses take forever, medication refills forget about it. Overall great doctor if you are healthy, do not recommend if you are sick because you will never get your calls answered, and if you do you will never get an appointment.
RID: 2507952
21/12/12 5 5 5 5 Essentially, there is a wait to see dr Breit considering how much time he actually spends with his patients. My illness forced upon a life full of doctor visits and I personally- would rather wait to see a doctor who actually cares and spends time to thoroughly address all my questions and concerns rather than not wait to see a dr who ends up kicking me out of the office after 10 mins. I was a sick, charity care patient facing death at the age of 26 & not a single dr wanted to see me at the hospital, let alone treat me. That's how I met dr Breit. He literally saved my life. He's incredibly smart, caring, and funny too! It's sad that so many doctors forget the hippocratic oath they take. But I thank God everyday for the very few doctors like Dr Breit that actually mean it when they swear: "I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice." I hope he never retires!! :)
RID: 2447241
15/10/12 1 1 4 4 The good news is that Dr. Breit was very understanding and spent a long time working through my paperwork to figure out how best to treat me. Since it was a Thyroid problem, I was started on a very low dose and tried to work up gradually. Unfortunately, getting another appointment was almost impossible. I was diagnosed and then waited 6 weeks to up my medication, 30 days plus he went on vacation for an additional 2 weeks. I was so sick for those weeks but waited. Then dosage was increased again. Back and forth we went with limited appointments available. Once I was called while I was on the way to his office to be told that he had an emergency. If I couldn’t make it in the next day, I would have to wait 2 week! He’s staff is difficult, rude and arrogant. Having to deal with them made me finally walk away from Dr. Breit.
RID: 2270870
18/06/12 3 1 5 5 Dr Breit is an amazing doctor. He is knowledgable about a variety of metabolic disorders and does his best to thoroughly explain your condition. It is true that you often have to wait for a lengthy period of time, but that is because he devotes so much time to each patient and doesn't rush you out of the room like most doctors. He has been the only doctor to really explain my disorders to me and has helped me to get and stay well. Anytime I have an issue he is there to help, even called me from home once because he was concerned with one of my test results. Highly recommend him, just be prepared to wait.
Respond

18/01/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1684458
12/01/12 1 1 1 5 I concur. The doctor is brilliant, but I have NEVER run across a more incompetent and rude staff. They do not return calls, they then make the same call multiple times and if you have a problem they offer no assistance. When I pointed this out to them, they simply didn't care. It is absolutely mind blowing. I will likely be changing doctors because I spend more time interacting with the staff than the doctor, and it isn't worth the stress they add to trying to get things taken care of.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1651056

03/12/11 1 1 1 1 The only rating below that I think is accurate is the one written on April 24, 2011. A friend recommended Dr. Breit but did warn me that his staff is rude, inaccessible, and "difficult." I have tried for over a week to call the office. Nobody ever picks up the phone. It doesn't matter what time of day you call. I left two messages which were never returned. I guess they do not care about cultivating new patients as the simple courtesy of a returned call would have been the appropriate thing to do. When I called my friend back to tell about what had transpired, she apologized and stated that she decided to no longer go to Dr. Breit because the office was not returning her calls regarding blood work results. This is absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable. Please do not waste your time and energies on this horrific office!  Respond

28/11/11 SYSTEM: City changed from "RIDGEWOOD" to "Westwood"
RID: 1462126
11/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Neil Breit is the best Endo I have ever met. Dr. Breit treated me during my pregnancy and he was excellent. I have a healthy baby thanks to him. I am still his patient because I truly trust him. He is brilliant! I totally recommand him. Especially to pregnant patients.  Respond
RID: 1457152
04/06/11 5 3 5 5 Excellent endocrinologist! I was very impressed. Very caring, down to earth and reassuring. He is brilliant and really knows his stuff! He is worth the wait! :)
RID: 1454081
31/05/11 1 1 2 5 Really helped me at first but office staff is completely rude, never follows up with phone calls, always forgets what he told you, and often makes jokes when they are not appropriate. Knows his stuff medically but is not reliable in getting information to you. Also, average wait time at his office is minimum an hour.  Respond
RID: 1453802
31/05/11 5 4 5 5 Very helpful, spent a long time going through my symptoms, did not feel rushed at all. Had blood tests from a different Doctor. He had his staff call that Dr. to have results faxed over to avoid another blood test. Validated my symptoms and prescribed medication. Feeling better already! Hard to get an appt. but worth the wait!
RID: 1424122
24/04/11 1 2 1 3 I saw Dr. Breit in 3/2010 after waiting 2 months. He didn't have his own office and was borrowing someone elses. Extremely rude and disorganized staff. Staff scarily incompetent. Never got follow up call regarding my blood tests in over 2 weeks. Called testing company and they mailed it to me. It showed my thryoid was in bad shape. I called several times to ask for medication and was told by "Cathy" that the doctor doesn't call people back or prescribe medication over a phone, I'd have to wait till the next appointment which was in 2 months. She arrogantly told me I should see my regular doctor and then come back in 2 months. Guess what, I did go to my regular doctor, had an appointment scheduled in 2 days and was promptly put on synthroid. What an a@#h*le.
RID: 1408901
06/04/11 1 2 5 5 Dr. Breit is a great young doctor with deep understanding of current diabetes management technologies like insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors and how to optimize them: he uses them himself. He has now moved to Hackensack from Ridgewood. The problem is that his new office manager is awful. Truly the most abysmal experiences in my 40 some years of American medicine. Classic passive-agressive behavior. More capable employees and a revamping of office practices are badly needed.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1203180
07/07/10 5 1 5 5 Dr. Breit is fantastic, he will spend all the time with you in the world to go over your labs and answer your questions. You will wait to see him while you are there but most likely you are the only one in the room. Just know that the wait is well worth it, know that you are waiting b/c he is giving someone else his undivided attention/care that you will also get. He is extremely "bright" (no pun intended), friendly and has a great sense of humor. I do believe that he suffers from diabetes so those with this condition can take comfort that he understands. Would recommend his to anyone - he is what a doctor should be.
RID: 1176100
25/05/10 5 2 5 5 Dr Breit is a wonderful doctor. He has a great personailty and really makes you feel comfortable talking about your problems. The only thing is you will have to wait, usually around an hour...once waited for 2 hours but he is so worth it.
RID: 1139549
30/03/10 3 1 5 5 Dr. Breit is very pleasant and knowledgeable. He takes his time and listens. The only down side is the waiting time in his office. Expect to spend an average of 2 to 3 hours there.  Respond
RID: 1113484
23/02/10 5 1 5 5 Dr. Breit is a great doctor who spends time with his patients and works find a proper diagnosis. My only complaint is his waiting time. On average, I wait about an hour, and I know I am not the only one. He is definitely worth the wait though.
RID: 1055372
11/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Breit has been my doctor for the past 21/2 years. He is responsible for diagnosing me at a time when I was extremely ill. He continues to monitor me, and has kept me well, and feeling great. Dr. Breit keeps me informed regarding lab results and medications. He takes the time to answer all disease related inquiries, and questions. I have confidence in his professional ability. His new environment and staff seems to have solved any problems with the lack of office punctuality.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1042792
25/11/09 5 2 5 5 Dr. Breit is a fantastic doctor. I had to wait, but he spends lots of time with you explaining what he doing and what to expect. He diagnosed me after 10 years of bouncing around to dr's and lots of meds. My favorite doctor by far.
Paid (or co-pay): $10