Rate Dr. Neal G. Breit

Dr. Neal G. Breit's Ratings

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Breit saved my life and my fetus's life while I was pregnant. I met him in the emergency room in 2010, and I have been his patient since that day. After years of hospital and doctors trips, I am in the best health ever under his care. He thoroughly reviews all your records, and finds real diagnososes and treatments for sometimes uncommon issues. I like that he listens to your needs and concerns and doesn't always rush to medication. He has called me on several occasions at home and has taken calls very late when I had some emergencies. He has a new office with a much more organized staff as of 2013. Dr. Breit's staff cuts my waiting room time down by calling me the day of and letting me know what time I should actually head to the office. He is a wonderful person and doctor, who is always trying to improve his services for his patients.

Submitted May 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Breit is the best doctor I've even been to. You will have to wait long in his waiting room, but that's only because he spends as much time with you as needed. Each time I went to him, he spent at lease an hour and a half with me. Sometimes more. He never rushes you. Answers all of your questions. He'll let you go on and on and listen to ever word. He's very thorough. He's the only doctor that was able to help me. And to top it all off, he has a great sense of humor. Had me constantly laughing. Since I'm the worst hypochondriac, he was just what I needed. I've never in my life gone to a doctor who spent so much time with me and really listed, understood and was so great at what he does! I'd give him 10 stars if I could! I wish I could have given him a 5 for punctuality, but like I said, he's only late because he gives you all the time you need.

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Breit is wonderful. Spent 1 hour with me. I am a diabetic for 4 years and have a thyroid history since 1974. Asked me medical questions no one has ever asked me and seemed very interested in me and said something at the end no doctor has ever said to me about problem I've had; "Don't worry we're going to get you better". I did have to wait but like everyone else said, the wait was worth it.

Submitted April 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Breit is an amazing doctor, but his front staff is the worst I have ever dealt with. They don't pick up the phone, responses take forever, medication refills forget about it. Overall great doctor if you are healthy, do not recommend if you are sick because you will never get your calls answered, and if you do you will never get an appointment.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

Essentially, there is a wait to see dr Breit considering how much time he actually spends with his patients. My illness forced upon a life full of doctor visits and I personally- would rather wait to see a doctor who actually cares and spends time to thoroughly address all my questions and concerns rather than not wait to see a dr who ends up kicking me out of the office after 10 mins. I was a sick, charity care patient facing death at the age of 26 & not a single dr wanted to see me at the hospital, let alone treat me. That's how I met dr Breit. He literally saved my life. He's incredibly smart, caring, and funny too! It's sad that so many doctors forget the hippocratic oath they take. But I thank God everyday for the very few doctors like Dr Breit that actually mean it when they swear: "I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice." I hope he never retires!! :)

Submitted Dec. 21, 2012 | flag

The good news is that Dr. Breit was very understanding and spent a long time working through my paperwork to figure out how best to treat me. Since it was a Thyroid problem, I was started on a very low dose and tried to work up gradually. Unfortunately, getting another appointment was almost impossible. I was diagnosed and then waited 6 weeks to up my medication, 30 days plus he went on vacation for an additional 2 weeks. I was so sick for those weeks but waited. Then dosage was increased again. Back and forth we went with limited appointments available. Once I was called while I was on the way to his office to be told that he had an emergency. If I couldn’t make it in the next day, I would have to wait 2 week! He’s staff is difficult, rude and arrogant. Having to deal with them made me finally walk away from Dr. Breit.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr Breit is an amazing doctor. He is knowledgable about a variety of metabolic disorders and does his best to thoroughly explain your condition. It is true that you often have to wait for a lengthy period of time, but that is because he devotes so much time to each patient and doesn't rush you out of the room like most doctors. He has been the only doctor to really explain my disorders to me and has helped me to get and stay well. Anytime I have an issue he is there to help, even called me from home once because he was concerned with one of my test results. Highly recommend him, just be prepared to wait.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

I concur. The doctor is brilliant, but I have NEVER run across a more incompetent and rude staff. They do not return calls, they then make the same call multiple times and if you have a problem they offer no assistance. When I pointed this out to them, they simply didn't care. It is absolutely mind blowing. I will likely be changing doctors because I spend more time interacting with the staff than the doctor, and it isn't worth the stress they add to trying to get things taken care of.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

The only rating below that I think is accurate is the one written on April 24, 2011. A friend recommended Dr. Breit but did warn me that his staff is rude, inaccessible, and "difficult." I have tried for over a week to call the office. Nobody ever picks up the phone. It doesn't matter what time of day you call. I left two messages which were never returned. I guess they do not care about cultivating new patients as the simple courtesy of a returned call would have been the appropriate thing to do. When I called my friend back to tell about what had transpired, she apologized and stated that she decided to no longer go to Dr. Breit because the office was not returning her calls regarding blood work results. This is absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable. Please do not waste your time and energies on this horrific office!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2011 | flag