Rate Dr. David Koegler

Dr. David Koegler's Ratings

I've been seeing him for 32 years and now with my latest flare up I can't seem to get him to take it seriously. He is definitely ready to retire. He shows no interest in thinking outside the box, he laughs at my questions like I don't know what's going on and writes in my file continuously that 'patient refuses to take treatment or advice'. I know that what he is suggesting isn't the problem. He has dismissed me because he just doesn't know the answer. Sorry Dr. K, it's time to pass the reins to an eager beaver that keeps up with the latest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen and I am 53 years old. He asked if I had heartburn and that was it. I was referred to him to get an endoscopy he refused unless I had heatburn. What do esophogeal varices (from liver problems) have to do with heartburn? Like many others have said DON'T SEE HIM get referred to a doctor in Calgary!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Dr Koeglar was always great to me. That was many years ago. I will be seeing him soon and look forward to getting some of my health issues sorted out.This Dr has worked long and hard for way too many years. Glad we still have him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr. Koeglar is very rude and completely incompetent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Knowledgable, personable, efficient, punctual, compassionate. Myself and two family members have seen him off and on for over ten years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2013

Horrible doctor. I have been seeking a diagnosis for years and when I was referred to Dr. Koegler I thought for sure I would never get one. He came into the room super late. Made me feel like I knew nothing. Didn't answer any of my questions. When I mentioned that I had the symptoms of someone with Crohn's it was as though he scoffed at me and continued to say that I looked like someone with IBS and that it wasn't necessary that I get a colonoscopy. My husband and I walked out of the office feeling worse than when we went in. I then asked my MD refer me to someone in Calgary. I was given an appointment in only a little over a week, she left us feeling hopeful and had a colonoscopy scheduled for 2 weeks from then. Turns out that I do in fact have Crohn's, a real diagnosis, no thanks to Dr. Koegler who could give a crap about his patients. This evening I received an email from a friend who had an appointment with him today and came from it feeling the exact same way. Wow. Retire already

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

This doctor did next to nothing to help me. I was diagnosed with crohn's and even had surgery related to it. I was referred to him because the next closest specialist was in calgary. He was never or remotely close to being on time, and when I did eventually get to "see" him I didn't get to say anything, even when he asked me if I had any questions! All I got from seeing him was a prescription, a feeling I wasted my time, and felt that he thought he was wasting his time on me. I got worse under his "care" and soon switched to going to calgary. Totally worth the drive. Every time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

I have seen this doctor for 22 years. At times he has a short attention span, but as a patient, remember, its not a social call. Be direct, and to the point. He is the only doctor south of Calgary that specializes in IBD (an area that has the highest rate of Crohn's in the world). I get along with him fine. He is human and will have his impatient moments, especially if a patient is "wasting his time". I am very happy that he is here. He does listen to what I say/suggest, with loads of respect. He does keep potentially scary info from you until he is certain. I could not imagine being as sick as I can get, and having to drive to Calgary. I can't even handle the 20 minutes to his office. I will be VERY sad when the day comes when he retres.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Does not listen to patients. Acts as if they know nothing. Makes them feel frustrated and worse than they already do. No bedside manner. Talks right over them when they are trying to say something and doesn't answer their questions. Lethbridge needs a new gastroenterologist. Koegler needs to retire. Sorry if this doesn't seem polite. We just had a bad experience with his insensitivity.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1248415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

Dr Koegler is amazing! I have seen him for my UC many times over the last 12 years and I have never had a single complaint. He is attentive, kind and caring 100% of the time! I have NEVER left his office feeling disregarded or rushed. Yes, you may have a bit or a wait with appointments as he is the only Dr of his kind in the Lethbridge area...but that's a small price to pay for quality care. He is extremely knowledgable in his field and has gone above and beyond for me many times. His staff are also great about fitting you in on short notice when things go sour. Lethbridge is lucky to have him and so am I!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248414].votes_count ]]