Dr. Alen J. Salerian

Dr. Alen J. Salerian

Rate Dr. Alen J. Salerian

Dr. Alen J. Salerian's Ratings

This dr treated my depression with methadone and OxyContin. I became addicted and tried to commit suicide twice. For this he gave me 18 shock treatments and then joked about "frying my brain"

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Salerian is a good person and an excellent psychiatrist. He is passionate about the healing power of medicine. He is always behind schedule because he spends a lot of time with his patients in session. Every patient is a unique individual with a unique treatment plan and not just a cookie cutter case. I think he gets results. He certainly helped me for eight years.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2013 | flag

Dr. Salerian is, by far, the best doctor that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. His commitment to his patients (both their mental and physical health) and his medical knowledge is beyond reproach. I fail to understand how this witch-hunt against Dr. Salerian, which has now resulted in forcing him from his practice and passion, benefits his patients or the public good. This is a incredible miscarriage of justice and I pray that it will be corrected soon.

Submitted June 3, 2013 | flag

He is the only doctor that has been able to treat my depression/bipolar d/o and it is absolutely devastating that he is no longer practicing. I pray that his court case redeems his professionalism and quality treatment and allows him to return to practicing medicine.

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

This is one of the BEST doctors in the area. The only drawback is that sometimes he tends to run over with patients and he runs a little late. This is because he gives everyone the time that they need with him and treats everyone as an individual. Other than that I have no complaints and will say he is an expert in his field of work. He is not one of thse doctors that rushes you in and out. He is very compassionate, listens to what you have to say, and cares about his patients well being. He is not interested in just treating a person with medication. He advises you to exercise and eat well because he wants to make you feel better. He is truely an amazing doctor and I would refer him to all of my family and friends. He IS the BEST in this area and it took me years to find someone like him! His staff is also very friendly and compassionate.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

doctor salerian has been very helpful to me.i will continue to see him.he offered to help my wife with me which is very kind of him since we have been married 31 years and can use his expertise.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Salerian's practice can be a difficult one to deal with. He is rarely on time if you don't visit him in the morning, and he doesn't accept insurance, which is par for the course for many psychiatrists but it's still not cool. His staff doesn't do much except keep the patients moving. But if you are a patient, Dr. Salerian will do anything, within the bounds of ethics, to help fix whatever is ailing you. He is aggressive in the use of all sorts of medications, far more so than most psychiatrists. I have suffered from depression and substance abuse problems for years, and Dr. Salerian was able to get me to feel "normal" for the first time in years without the use of illicit drugs. He did what at least six other doctors over twelve years could not do. I literally owe my life to him. It will take you a while to get an appointment and you will wait a whole in the office, and insurance might not reimburse. But he is worth it. He will help you.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr Salerian is one of rare gifted doctors who will go to any ethical limit to solve a patients mental illness.He has treated my sons after every psychiatrist had failed.He is truly a very gifted and a miracle worker when it comes to mental illness.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

Dr. Salerian is an incredibly caring and insightful doctor. At times, just speaking with him can make you feel better.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2011 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Salerian for 5 years and I trust him. He is a good listener and very empathetic. I'm not a physician but Dr. Salerian seems to be very "up to date" on the newest medications and is very good at explaining how and why he alters treatment. He is a great listener too! I should mention one drawback and that is the wait times in his office are typically very long and he usually runs a bit behind. It's best to schedule an appointment earlier in the day.

Submitted May 14, 2011 | flag