Dr. Alain Brassard

Rate Dr. Alain Brassard

Dr. Alain Brassard's Ratings

I had already been diagnosed with a condition by my dermatologist. Unfortunately it acted up while he was on vacation. I was forwarded on to this doctor as on call. He was rude, ignorant and dismissed me by telling my issue was all in my head. That I must be on drugs or something. He said this in front of an intern and the proceeded to open the door and told me to get out in front of staff and other patients. I have never been treated so badly and humiliated like that in my life. He should not be a doctor if this is how he speaks to people. Due his negligence and ignorance, I missed a huge family event b/c my flare up was so bad. Had to wait 3 weeks until my doctor came back whereas he took care of my issue immediately.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr. Brassard is the best medical professional I have ever dealt with. He listened to everything I had to say and gave me options when it came to my treatment plan. He has a great sense of humour and was not intimidating, as I find a lot of other doctors can be. I can't recommend him enough to other people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2363959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I was happy with the service provided with Dr. Brassard and the fact that he listened to my concerns and valued them. He tried a new treatment when others had not suggested them and for the first time in 20 years the treatment he prescribed treated the problem. Dr. Brassard was very professional, knowledgeable, and caring and I would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2363958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

A caring person. Knowledgeable and a successful treatment.Very happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Can't say enough about Dr Brassard, I took my son to him for help with a massive wart infection on my son's hand. He treated my teenage son with respect and a warm manner, offering advise and help with the issue. My son and I left the visit with a better understanding of the issue and a renewed faith in the medical profession. I won't hesitate to recommend Dr Brassard to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

He seemed very demeaning and rude..."he knows the skin like a book" He is full of crap save your time go see someone else unless you have eczema he might be able to help with that. I even brought my sister to support me one time as I feel I maybe wasn't expressing myself as I should and she told me I should never go back to him he was trying to humiliate me behind my back to her. I was told I may have lupus and referred to him. I was scared and he made me feel like I was losing my mind and creating my lesions myself...was unhelpful! He actually said I have a mystery disease...seriously??? Very unprofessional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I couldn't agree more with the post made on 7/5/12. I have a very rare condition that most dermatologists have never dealt with (if they've even heard of it). Dr Brassard knew what it was immediately. He has always genuinely listened to what I have to say, and we decide together on what treatments to try. In my experience that's a rare quality in a doctor. Dr Brassard is my all-time favourite doctor and I look forward to each visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

After having a strange case of Urticaria for over three months and spending an enormous amount of time going to Doctor after Doctor, I was finally sent to see Dr. Brassard at the Edmonton University Hospital. I was greeted with a very warm welcome from reception to resident to Dr. Brassard. Shooting in the dark he tried everything possible within the next full year, always being worried about how I felt and if I was sleeping, amazing amount of empathy and attention this fabulous doctor has. He has a quiet but self assured demeanor that he displays with both patient and resident and is a firm believer in 'Talk-o-logy'. Dr. Brassard restored my faith in all Doctors in general again, as I was at wits end. I would definitely recommend this Dermatologist to anyone in the area or even country. This amazing man has style in way more ways than one and anyone would be very lucky to have him as their specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

I've seen Dr Brassard several times over the past 6 months now, and each time I've seen him he (and his staff) have been knowledgeable, kind, patient, and compassionate. He and the nurses have literally spent hours with me, explaining my condition and answering all my questions - never making me feel rushed or guilty about taking up too much time. They make me feel like a person and not just a patient. It's also evident how much he cares when he's teaching his interns.I'd recommend Dr Brassard and his staff to anyone - he's definitely one of my all time favourite doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

Very friendly and knowledgeable took time to listen, he did not make me feel like a I was wasting his time. Highly recommended, his staff was super busy but very efficient and helpful .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][498506].votes_count ]]