Dr. Sheryl A. Behnke

Dr. Sheryl A. Behnke

Rate Dr. Sheryl A. Behnke

Dr. Sheryl A. Behnke's Ratings

I see so many negative comments about Sheryl here and am astonished! Sheryl has been my midwife for all 3 of my pregnancies (my children were born in 2009, 2011, & 2013) and I simply adore her! I feel that she is very kind, knowledgeable, professional, and very concerned with her patients. I was referred to her by 2 of my close friends and am so happy I took their advice! I could not have asked for anyone better! She treated me amazing and always did what was in the best interest for myself and my babies. I see her for my yearly paps for now, but if and when we decide to try for another child, I wouldn't even think about going to anyone else!

Submitted April 23, 2014 | flag

I LOVE Sheryl! I recommend her to everyone I know. She has been my OB for 4 years now, and helped me through my last pregnancy. These negative reviews I'm seeing are crazy! She is so kind, helpful, gentle and informative. She is always on time and takes her time with me. I feel that I am always top priority when she is in the room with me. The rest of the staff is wonderful also. I will go to her as long as she is around, and if I have any more children, she will be the one to deliver!!!

Submitted Oct. 7, 2013 | flag

Very blunt & rude. Seemed like she did not want to deal with my questions & immediately shut down my concerns. Felt as though she viewed my pregnancy as a diagnosis-rather than a life. She was very condescending with her tone.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

Sheryl is among the least compassionate and professional medical personnel I have ever dealt with. Her complacent attitude while caring for my baby and me resulted in poor outcomes for both of us. She made it quite clear at one point that she cares for animals far more than actual humans. I'm not sure why she even chose midwifery, as I found her to clearly not understand or take seriously the enormous responsibility inherent in her field.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2012 | flag

I was disappointed in Sheryl Behnke's performance as our midwife during my preganacy and at the birth of our child. She is not very personable. She's somewhat cold and detached. She's cut and dry and all business. We had a difficult situation and felt that Behnke didn't do things in the birth that she had explained she would. She did not speak to my family at the birth. I was more loved and cared for by my delivery nurses and doula, who I am so thankful for. We would not recommend her, especially if you want a person who actually seems to care about you. The staff and other midwives at her office are great though! (I had to rate the staff as low and punctuality as low - they really weren't - they were great, but I was not about to give Sheryl 4 stars because the rating evened out)

Submitted Dec. 13, 2012 | flag

I love Sheryl! She was great throughout my whole pregnancy. She always took the time to answer questions and she is very blunt in explaining things you want to know. I will definitely go to her again if I decide to have another.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2012 | flag

Sheryl gave me very painful cervical checks. She would not go slow or explain what she was doing prior to doing it. It was a nightmare! I felt like I was in some underdeveloped country. It was horrible! I would avoid her at all cost! I saw bad reviews for her here and then went to check her out because she had good reviews too. She seemed nice enough. She just seemed a little blunt. It was towards the end of my pregnancy when things went south. She did not care about how rough she was while doing procedures and was to busy to explain anything. I would say her knowledge is low but confidence is high. I have never written a review about a doctor or midwife. I wanted to write this as a warning to other women. Do not go with her as your midwife even if she seems normal enough at first.

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag

I have used Dr. Behnke as my OBGYN for a number of years. She has always been respectful and helpful. However, the staff at her office are among the most disrespectful and rudest people I have come across in a medical setting. They had a mishap with my prescription and tried to blame the mistake on me. When I needed certain phone calls and letterheads written for two years of service with the Peace Corps, the staff nearly refused to help. It took me showing up at their office several times to get what I needed completed. Utterly ridiculous staff. I am considering getting a new OBGYN because of her rude staff.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2011 | flag

Maybe Sheryl is great when it comes to delivering babies, but when I saw her for other gynecological problems she was very rude and unsympathetic. Several of my friends and family members have had children delivered by her and had wonderful experiences, but I was extremely disappointed with the care I received.

Submitted July 19, 2011 | flag

Sheryl delivered my son very professionally. We were impressed with her skills in keeping to my birth plan. Later, I had an ectopic pregnancy. I learned Sheryl is NOT prolife, simply prowoman. Repeatedly I was told that my conceptual matter wasn't a baby and was never going to be a baby. I asked questions about the drug used to terminate my baby's life and was told later that I didn't need to know how the drug worked, just that my tube was cleared out. I also was never seen in a office and my case was discussed in the hallway with many others present. Sheryl didn't answer my phone calls, instead her nurse did and her nurse didn't know the answers to my questions and didn't ask to find out. When I continued to ask for clarification in reading an ultrasound, I was treated very rudely. I got a certified letter stating I was terminated from their office. I found Sheryl's bedside manners in dealing with a woman grieving the loss of her baby to be very crass and rude.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag