You may also like

Rate Dr. Ravi Kondaveeti

Dr. Ravi Kondaveeti's Ratings

No regard for the patient and a complete lack of regard for your one's well being

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I can without a doubt state that Dr. Ravi Kondaveeti is top-notch and unparalleled in his profession. I previously had the privilege of working as a Registered Nurse in the GI Lab. I am very observant of physicians and their practices. Beyond that, I have been a patient of Dr. Kondaveeti's and he is unsurpassable. My health complications with Lupus present an additional challenge in any area of my medical care. Dr. Kondaveeti is an absolutely brilliant Doctor and cares about every patient. I was not given any "special" treatment because I was on staff. The key is that Dr. Kondaveeti's mind continuously works in solving conditions that are often overlooked or unable to be diagnosed by others. If Dr. Kondaveeti needs to go the extra mile to seek the expertise of those who have taught him, he will do it for any patient who entrusts their healthcare to him.
I return to Pittsburgh in order to continue my care from Dr. Kondaveeti. If it weren't for his tenacity, I'm certain my condition would have progressively deteriorated. I am thankful beyond words for his great talent.
Dr. Kondaveeti's style may not be one with which you have experienced. But if you continue to work the patient/doctor relationship and REALLY let him know what you need from him, he will take care of you with compassion.
Please, do not cheat yourself out of his matchless ability in the natural gift he has in his profession.
Don't hesitate to have any physician take the time you need to make your healthcare experience positive and with confidence. However, it is also critical that you stay focused on your care and treatment for that appointment. Critical questions are for the Doctor. The staff is very well trained to review the information and provide the best patient education. They can take any further questions you may have and present them to the Doctor. They will get the information back to you.
Healthcare procedures are very fast paced in this time when technology allows us to know so much more.
Also, do not judge a Doctor on how long it takes him to perform a procedure. I have worked beside Doctors who work very slowly when scoping. Does slow = better?? Please, never make that correlation. Time is not an indicator of how well your procedure has been performed.
For example, my hip replacement took only 32 minutes and I have only a 3 inch scar. That prosthesis has survived a broken sacrum and falling from a 6 foot drop off, landing on solid concrete on my knee~~the same side as the hip replacement. The hip replacement survived those extreme events, and other wear and tear along the way. 32 minutes?? Trust your doctor by his natural skill and ability to reach way beyond routine diagnoses.
I hope this may help some.
My honest, personal experience is that I will not be treated by any other Gastroenterologist than Dr. Kondaveeti. As someone else made the analogy to "Dr. House", so it is with Dr. Kondaveeti. His personal style may not be what you initially expect. BUT, work with him. He will provide the BEST care.
Best health to all! That's the goal and working together to achieve it.
RMV, RN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I agree with others' comments -- he rushed and gave me no follow-up prescription or information. I only used him because he was assigned to me in the hospital, but I would not recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

My husband and I both saw this Dr. He was never on time . After our surgical procedures he rushed in & out without bothering to answer questions . He also failed to properly write out prescriptions and as a result my husband suffered far more than he should have due to this neglect .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

He sucks. Nothing he can do will take away my psin

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Me wait an hour for 3 minutes of time. .................

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2522200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I saw Dr. Kondaveeti once and I'll never be back. He performed a colonoscopy for me and spent less than 30 seconds (I'm not exaggerating) talking to me after the procedure while I was still under the influence of anaesthesia. Luckily my mother was there to recall the little that he said, which was a suggestion that maybe I'm celiac because I have red hair. He never once asked me about my symptoms, their frequency, how long I've been experiencing them. I had to call multiple times for my results, which were normal. The nurse acted surprised when I said, "Is that it?" hoping to receive some medical advice to help relieve my symptoms. All this doctor did was perform the procedure. I left with absolutely 0 relief of my symptoms and no clarity as to what was the matter with me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2478733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Easily, the most unprofessional doctors I have had in my life. He is rushed and arrogant and completely lacking in patient care. An error in which he made, and I later caught, lead to a prolonged hospital stay and consequently $1000s of extra hospital charges. An apology, no. Just rash, unprofessional comments in response to a medical condition I have lived with most of my life. Otherwise, the rest of my UPMC experience was top notch.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2364056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

AWFUL DOCTOR!!! He was recommended to me by an ER nurse who stated he "bends over backwards for his patients." Bull!! Went to him with a 3 inch file on my past stomach issues desperately searching for pain relief. My old GI doc had me on pain therapy (vicodin) after seeing him for SEVEN YEARS with no response to medications. Was diagnosed by my old GI doc with chronic gastritis and chronic peptic ulcer flare-ups. Kondaveeti didn't care. He was rushed, arrogant, conceited, and told me he "doesn't deal with pain" and if I have a stomach pain attack to "go to the emergency room." Yeah, with a 3 month old baby at home, I can drop what I'm doing to go to the ER. Didn't bother reading through my med records and just gave me a medicine I was already treated with and didn't work the first time around. Arrogant, rude man. Will NEVER go back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][500256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Dr. Kondaveeti has no time for his patients whatsoever! He makes 1 hour of office time available to all his patients to fight over to get an appointment. In addition to this, his patient care skills are beyond lacking. Who drops a serious diagnosis on someone after a procedure, and then doesn't even stick around for an additional minute to answer a few questions? I would not recommend him if you are seeking a doctor who will provide complete information and will take the time to answer your questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][500255].votes_count ]]