Rate Dr. Ken Sutherland

Dr. Ken Sutherland's Ratings

Pill-pusher who loves to bill OHIP, check your OHIP billing records, free for the asking, you may be surprised what you've been getting treated for!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

No doubt he is knowledgable, though he was very excessive and and caused lots of pain by twisting my head and shoulder when I went in and asked for a prescription for massage therapy. The front lady is curt and frankly none of her business why a patient visits, she should stick to her computer! The nurse was nice and professional, though for total lack of introduction I assumed she was the doctor at first. Its unreal that after 4 fours of waiting and the pain the doctor caused me,(I had already seen two chiropractors and a massage therapist regarding this issue and told him as such, I only needed a doctor prescription for my insurance to pay the costs)that the clinic expected I was going to pay twenty dollars for the prescrition. I won't be recomending this clinic to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Dr. Sutherland has been my doctor since 1990 when i moved to owen sound to take care of my grandmother. he was her doctor and even though he was not taking new patients at the time, he took me. i have never had a problem with him and he diagnosed me with meningitis before i even had the testing done! wonderful man and terrific doctor who will leave behind a nasty hole when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

Dr. Sutherland was my doctor for the first 18 years of my life. At age 13 I was very sick and went undiagnosed by Sutherland for over a year and almost died. I was scheduled for a test at the hospital and was given the results of the test before I had even had it done. No idea who's results they gave me. I went to a specialist in Hamilton and was diagnosed with Crohn's within 10 minutes and was treated. It was a classic case of Crohn's and I went over a year in Owen Sound without being diagnosed. I'm not an advocate for this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

I find Dr. Sutherland to be a very caring doctor who spends time discussing any concerns you have. He is very knowledgeable and he always explains things well. He and his staff are all very nice people. The waiting time is not long.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Dr Sutherland has been my doctor for 24 years. I have an extensive medical condition & he always takes care & time during our visits. The wait time is absolutely horrible with the walk-in clinic but once in the room he gives me his all. 1 time in the room he was rushing & only had to gently remind him of my wait. He quickly turned his full attention in my direction. Wonderful, caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2009

I have been to his clinic several times as a walk-in patient, and have been impressed by the doctor and his staff. Dr. Sutherland has treated me for a variety of issues, and has referred me to specialists when necessary, and has been good about following up on any test results and any medications he's prescribed. He's always been kind and reassuring, and I am thankful to him and his staff for providing the walk-in clinic services to our city. At times the wait seems a little long, and on occasion he does seem to be in a bit of a hurry, however during the walk-in clinic time of the day, his services always seem in high demand. I would not hesitate visiting Dr. Sutherland regarding any of my health issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Spends too much time talking and very little time listening. Very poor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

Dr. Sutherland has been my GP since I was 18 years old (almost 50 now). Now that he runs the clinic, it is often a longer wait to see him, despite having a scheduled appointment. I'm not sure when he plans to retire but I will certainly miss having him as my doctor and trying to locate a new one. He is very professional and willing to spend as much time with you as necessary and educates you as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2008

Had terrible back pain, my regular Dr. couldn't fit me in for days. Stopped into clinic and saw Dr. Sutherland immediately. He was very helpful, gave me the medication I needed, sent me for further testing and generally educated me on how to deal with the back pain I was experiencing. I walked in there feeling so hopeless as my own Dr. didn't seem to care and left his office very grateful. Very nice office staff as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1248769].votes_count ]]