Rate Dr. Tommy Swiney

Dr. Tommy Swiney's Ratings

I find him to be knowledgeable, responsive and sympathetic. I have no complaints with his staff. I have had no problems scheduling or rescheduling. I would recommend him.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

The staff doing the intake do not make one feel comfortable due to their stumbling over words and southern drawl. The doctor is elitist and biased which is not something a person with mental health issues who is paying a lot of money for services should have to endure. I'm sure the good ratings he receives are from those who fit into his "perfect patient" mold. Don't even try him, unless you enjoy rejection and an unprofessional staff.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

I had my first appointment with Dr. Sweeny a few weeks ago. He is very young, actually my age. He is one Psychiatrist who didn't make me feel ashamed of my psychiatric issues. He was patient and listened to me, more than other doctors. Dr. Poff was awful and made me feel horrible. Dr. Sweeny understood my reluctance to take the huge amount of medications other doctors wanted me to take and agreed that less is better than be drugged out of head. I will continue to see him. The office staff were nice. I never had a problem scheduling an appointment. They returned my calls in a timely fashion also.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

Really Surprised to see the low ratings, I've been seeing Dr.Sweeny for over a year since he took over for Dr. Poff. He has his own practice now and the staff is perfect! Not sure how old the comments are above but I'm current as of 3/19/2012 and the Dr. and office is top notch!

Submitted March 19, 2012 | flag

only moderate improvement in me after 3 years of being treated

Submitted June 13, 2011 | flag

Doctor Sweeney was not willing to re-evaluate diagnosis that was done over 18 years ago. Staff is very rude and unprofessional and usually never calls back. Trying to get a live person there is almost impossible and the billing specialist is impossible to deal with.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2010 | flag

Although the doctor was very attentive. The staff seemed to be all over the place, unorganized but very pleseant. After seeing Dr. Sweeney my family noticed a difference in my atitude and behavior. And I am very skeptical about Psyciatrist as many AA are. He really helped me. Don't delay your appointment with him. The only other problem I have his phone arrangement. You never directly speak with anyone, you are always leaving messages and awaiting a call back. Somewhat aggravating. But none the less my visit was very nice with the doctor.

Submitted July 28, 2010 | flag