Rate Dr. Francois Botha

Dr. Francois Botha's Ratings

Dr. Botha needs to slow down and get more in touch with his patients and himself. He is forgetful and appears confused at times. Still calls me by my last name after 10 years as a patient. I would change doctors in a heartbeat if i could find another good gp in the mission/maple ridge area. On the other hand he is a very nice person and if you push him gently he will try to get to the bottom of your issues to the best of his ability in the 3 minutes he allows you as a patient. Waiting times have gotten better but he was usually running 40 minutes to as much as an hour behind, which in my eyes is very dis-respectful of a persons time.I like him as a person and he has helped me over the years but i just cannot recommend him based on his rushed and forgetful/confused persona. Time to retire doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Dr. Botha has been our family Doctor for a long time. He always take the time to listen. When my husband was ill with Cancer he showed a lot of care and compassion. We have been very fortunate to have him for our Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

i think Dr. Botha is great. he is knowledgeable, listens well and has offered helpful advice. The staff are also very good, humorous and good natured. Alphonse

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

My family has attended Dr Botha for several years.He is an exceptional physician with extensive knowledge and, when he has the time available, is engaging and genial in conversation.He always appears to be one step ahead of you and anticipates your statements and questions which means that he is very clever and bright.Whilst preoccupied with writing notes and looking at his computer whilst interviewing, one may feel that he is not looking at you and not paying attention to what you are saying but that is a small price to pay for the attention of a fine, highly-motivated Dctor. In any event, all doctors /specialists do the same thing so..? Get on his roster and you will be very lucky but be patient since he is a very BUSY physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2012

An overall good doctor. Diagnosis and treatments are appropriate. He is somewhat rushed in daily activities which can result in the patient's need to ask questions to confirm facts of findings, diagnosis, treatments. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

if it wasn't for Dr Botha's deep concerns for his patients and myself I know for a fact I would be one sick boy.I would like to thank him for his kindness Wayne MILLAR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

does not listen ,forgets what you told him very, rushed . told me I had a infection then told a min later I did not have a infection then a min later told me i had infection.told me I was alergic to my meds then told me to keep taking them when i went out the door

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

terrible. rushed, doesn't listen to symptoms. gave me some other patients prescription and got angry with my husband when he questioned him. he actually said we can't come back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I love Dr.Botha. He's a professional and compassionate Dr. he takes his time with his patient,not in a hurry to diagnose me. Even i moved from a diff city I still come to him if I get sick.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][501384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2010

He was in such a hurry that he put the wrong name on the prescription. When I tried to contact him he got angry when I told him he needs to be more patient with the PATIENT. I told him he was rude, then he told me never to come back to the clinic. No wonder he made 300K in 2009(http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/legislation/pdf/bluebook2010.pdf) He told me not to expect a half an hour appointment at a walk in clinic. I don't but more than 3 would be nice!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][501383].votes_count ]]