Rate Dr. SWAID N. Swaid

Dr. SWAID N. Swaid's Ratings

Dr swaid removed 4 diisc from my neck in july 05 and it was the best thing i have had done. I have had lower back problems however he said lets wait until you can not stand the pain any more that time has came and I cant wait to see him and rid my pains he is the best and would recommend him to anyone

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

i remember when i was a nurse and this doctor came in a nd sat with a patient with a closed head trauma.dr swaid sat at the patient's bedside and checked neuro checks every 10 minutes himself. now ,mind you,this was in the middle of the night.i have never seen another doctor do that before or since.and this was many years ago.he is brilliant and devoted to his patients.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2012 | flag

I was plesantly surprised to find Dr. Swaid a very attentive and caring physician. He took time to answer my questions and address my concerns. His assistant is also very nice and always returns my calls right away. I think it helped that I researched my condition and had questions prepared for him to answer.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2011 | flag

17months of constant pain and finally got in with him...stayed in the room.with me for.2minutes and told me to come back in 6 months.. rude.... I went to mayo and got my diagnosis.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag

dr swaid did an excellent job doing my surgery on my neck a year ago. His staff is very friendly and his office has a very pleasant attitude. i recommend him to any that ask about a neurosurgeon! He's the BEST in Birmingham, AL!!

Submitted Oct. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Swaid performed my discectomy back surgery after making sure all other treatments were exhausted. He recommended a myleogram to pinpoint exactly where the problem was. I received the results the next morning and was scheduled for surgery the next week, as they were concerned about the nerves being possibly damaged due to the impinging disc. I can't fault the man for not really having a great personal bedside manner as he is extremely busy, he did what he does best. You just have to be ready with your questions when he walks in! I highly recommend him to anyone who has to have anything done that deals with nerves.

Submitted July 21, 2009 | flag

Waited 2 weeks for an appointment. Ok! He's good so I'll wait. Saw me for 5 minutes and left room while I was still talking to him. Wanted me to have a myleogram and I waited for 5 days to hear when. Called office and was told they had all informations and approval from insurance and they would secdeule it the next day and call me. Four days later I called back and was told I had to be patient. Next day recieved call to schedule the myleogram. I already called another nuerosurgeon who saw me the next day, evaluated me, told me he did not need a myloegram. I called a cancel the test and six weeks later I still have not recieved a follow up call from Swaid's office to even inquire why I canceled the test. He may be good but for he or his office dropped the ball. I had to have emergency surgery the week after seeing my new doctor. Now recovering. It is simple- I was not important enough for Dr. Swaid. Thank God for Drs. O'Malley and Francavilla in Alabaster. They thought I was.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2008 | flag

Excellent physician. I had no pain after surgery. I was able to feel my toes immediately upon waking (it had been 5 years). This was a very good experience. All the staff was caring and patient with all my questions and concerns. Dr. Swaid is confident in telling you what he can do to help, and what course of action will be taken. I was able to get an appointment within a week of calling his office. I highly recommend this neurosurgeon.

Submitted May 30, 2008 | flag

Excellent doctor seems very caring about your condition

Submitted April 18, 2008 | flag

Dr. Swaid Swaid did a very delicate surgery on my son---a large tumor inside the spinal cord membrane. My son is doing much better than anyone expected. This man truly has God guiding his hands. He has a very nice manner in dealing with the patient and the family. This is the one man I would trust to do any back surgery my family or I would need.

Submitted April 11, 2007 | flag