Rate Dr. Hany Bissada

Dr. Hany Bissada's Ratings

I have been through many of the programs at the ottawa hospital for many years. Dr B is a great doctor, he is caring and extremely knowledgeable..he knows me better than I know myself. I've finished my treatment at the hospital but continue to see Dr B on a regular basis to "check-in". He keeps me honest, is always happy to see me, and has a great way of using humour that helps greatly when your mood gets down. He doesn't mince words, but eating disorders need to be addressed straight on, and if you can't handle someone being truthful or "calling a spade a spade", maybe you're not ready to fully admit to your problems and ask for help. His heart if truly in the right place, and his door is always open to those who are ready for treatment.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

I have enjoyed my meetings with the doctor. He is a striaght shooter who does not couch everything in soft physo-bable but tells you like it is. This is the way I perfer a doctor to act and be.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Bissada is a competent and knowledgeable psychiatrist, but he is not the best therapist. I highly recommend the programs offered at his clinic as I have found them very helpful for my own eating issues, but my appointments with Dr. Bissada himself are inconsistent. He occasionally makes assumptions about me, and blunt seemingly judgemental comments that I have to correct. Other times he is supportive and helpful. I have at times found myself feeling insecure and upset when I left his office. After seeing him for over a year I still can't decide if his methods are effective for me, but his programs and clinic definitely are. Gail Kardish(dietitian) and Dr. Natasha Demidenko (psychologist) have been extremely helpful for me.

Submitted April 10, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bissada is not particularly knowledgeable on the subject of eating disorder, though it is his specialty. He generalizes. He also forgets details related to you and your file. You will find yourself frequently repeating important details about your life to him. Also agree with the poster below...weight started to come off, and he still said I was doing okay.

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

Really does not even understand what an eating disorder is. Told a male friend of mine that "men don't have issues with weight, so stepping on the scale should not be an issue". How does the head doctor of an EATING DISORDERS PROGRAM get away with saying things like that, and then staying the head doctor for this program? I've seen this man many times myself, and had him tell me that he thought I was "doing good", after the weight began to come off again. It was the very astute dietitian (Gail) who was helpful- along with Nurse Sharon, he never was. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't have the slightest understanding of an eating disorder, and I (or anyone really) could do a better job in his position.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bissada has helped my daughter return to a normal, happy life. He is a caring, knowledgeable man who immediately understood her and how to help her. Any drug she was prescribed was not only followed up on but was altered with the feedback he got from her. He is kind and has an excellent sense of humor. He IS very straightforward which is EXACTLY what you want in a life-threatening situation! I have seen NO signs whatsoever of the negative attributes described below. He saved my daughter. What else could you ask for in a doctor?

Submitted Dec. 28, 2011 | flag

Doctor Bisada is very helpful and is supportive of his clients during times of need.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Thank you Dr. Bissada for what you said to me today. Your perception on my situation is bang on. Your way with words and your concern is genuinely appreciated. I hope one day I can shake your hand with confidence that I beat this for good. Thank you. You made my day.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Ddr Bisada is a good doctor, and I could talk to him about anything. He is a good guy

Submitted July 26, 2011 | flag

Might seem harsh to some, but he does it for a reason. He understands the disorder and knows that being too nice is not being helpful. Extremely caring and actually gave me hope, that someone cared and could help me. I know I can definetly count on him and he has proven to me that no matter how busy he is, if I need help ASAP, he finds the time. He is a very devoted Doctor and if you show that you care about yourself, he will care in return.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2011 | flag