Dr. Mathew S. Isho

San Diego, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Surgeon (general)
Website: surgicalspecialists... External Link
Practice: Dr.Mathew Isho, M.D.
Hospital:
Phone:619-686-4011
Med. School:
Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:N

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Mathew S. Isho has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4904737

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6  Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Mathew" to "Mathew S."
RID: 2461864
30/10/12 1 1 1 3 Dreadful - avoid@!!! Very disorganised. Horrible office - claustrophobic  Respond
RID: 1460756
09/06/11 1 4 1 3 I wrote to the doctor regarding a hernia that developed after surgery as requested by the Internal Med. doctor, I never got a reply. I called the office and spoke to one of the staff (Lisa?) and asked for a call-back and never got a call-back. Very embarrassing since I had bragged to the IM doctor about the Dr. Isho.  See Responses

01/06/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1428834
29/04/11 5 5 5 5 The doctor has done work on both myself and my husband and is excellent. We have both had surgeries and my husband a colonoscopy and he did a great job. He is very personable and sweet and knows his stuff.
RID: 1330708
07/01/11 3 3 1 1 Extremely painful colonoscopy. There is absolutely no reason for anything to be that painful. I slept thru my first colonoscopy 10 years ago. Doctor Isho's procedure was so painful. I would not recommend it to anyone.  See Responses
RID: 1315239
15/12/10 5 5 5 5 Skilled and compassionate doctor, very easy to talk to, even if it's an embarrassing subject. I am glad I finally did a colonoscopy amd also fixed my hemorrhoid problems. Friendly and accommodating staff. I have recommended Dr. Isho to my other family members.
RID: 1077820
13/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Isho is great. I went to a couple of other colon/rectal surgeons with poor beside manners. Dr. Isho was compassionate, but most importantly performed a successful fistulotomy. Staff was excellent as well.
RID: 825914
11/03/09 4 4 4 5 My experience with Dr. Isho was for Hernia surgery....he was excellent...and took time to explain the procedure to me prior...gary jenner
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 690183
24/09/08 1 4 1 4 Dr. Isho is the most arrogant Doctor I have ever talked to. He gets frustrated easily and does not have any bilingual staff - nor he is willing to pay for an interpreter. He is not accomodating in anyway to his patients and he treats them in a hurry - especially the elderly that need extra time. He replaced Dr. Thomas Sullivan which was the total oposite from this new Dr. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND HIM GO TO ANOTHER SPECIALIST IN COLON RECTAL SURGERY -
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal