Dr. Shelinder Aggarwal

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:N

Profile updated 27/01/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 27 reviews. Dr. Shelinder Aggarwal has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: is he still in practice in any state?    Email me    Answer it
Q: where does he practice at now?    Email me    Answer it
Q: is he practicing?    Email me    Answer it
Q: is he stjll in practice in any state ?email me?    Email me    Answer it

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
15/05/13 "Huntsville doctor wants license hearing delayed" - http://www.waff.com/story/22258921/huntsville-doctor...  Respond
RID: 2475518
15/11/12 5 5 5 5 I love having Dr. Aggarwal as a physician. I have only had him since June and he has made my life so much better, between the PCP I had before him and then referred to him I finally feel like my life is getting back on track and the pain is not holding me back like it used to be. My home was broke in once in Aug, and the rule was if you got an early refill despite the cirumstances you were to be discharged, I even had photos and police report, but I stuck it out for 3 weeks, eating aspirin, Doan's caplets, ibuprofen, tylenol, using heating pad, my TENS unit, cervical traction, back braces, but I toughed it out until my visit. And he told me that it better not happen ever again and It WONT.... MY meds stay locked up... Well my next appt is week after Thanksgiving and I am going to be staying with family that lives 2 1/2 hours north of me, and I am already an hour and 45 min drive from H'ville, and I emailed the rx email and asked if I could come in the week before and have injections and
RID: 2456750
24/10/12 1 1 1 4 I went to Dr. Aggarwal's clinic. I was involved in a car accident about four days later, and he dismissed me from his clinic for no reason. I have diabetes and my blood sugar dropped, causing me to wreck. He never listened to anything I had to say, he never read the police report, and he refused to ever see me again as a patient, even though I had just paid him $500 cash and he charges $200 per month for follow-up visits. He dismissed me without even speaking to me personally, just channeling his hostility through his staff. I don't doubt his knowledge, but he is definitely not there if you have any difficulties.  See Responses
RID: 2450890
18/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Agarwall is very caring and professional. He made it possible for me to get back my life. I am on 100% disability and I hurt so much, however, with his help I now can perform simple daily things in life, such as walking. I hope he never leaves, life is so much better with him. Thank you Dr. for helping me. This is from one greatful patient.
Respond

17/10/12 SYSTEM: Accepting New Patients changed to "N"
RID: 1657610
10/12/11 5 5 5 5 Just so you know. Dr. Aggerwal is an excellent Dr. I was discharged last month after 2 years due to a family calling and telling him lies. NEVER let ANYONE know you see him. There are HATERS out there including YOUR OWN FAMILY. If they get mad at you they will call him and you don't get a chance to talk to him or second chance. My family member call him then 2 weeks later call me to say I am sorry but it is too late, the damage is done. He is doing just as he should to protect himself due to drug seekers out there. I had seen a family Dr. for 25 years then was reffered to him. I have bad degeneration in my neck and didn't want to chance surgery. I have a good job but can't work in the pain I am in. Once discharged from one Pain Managment Clinic, you won't find another to see you. Surgery is my only option, now. If it don't go well then it is God's will. Just saying if you are seeing him, follow all rules and don't mess up. There is no second chance. He is an excellent Dr.
RID: 1544800
23/09/11 5 5 5 5 ive had 2 back operations and a spine infusion. im 22 years old, i was seeing a pain doctor in orlando and just moved back up here to alabama, i was prescribed 180 oxycodones and 60 bars. what are the chances that this doctor will write me for the same thing? im curious because alot of doctors screen me thinkin im too young to be on those meds but the pain is to an extreme and honestly sometimes id rather wish i didnt have my own two legs because its so painful. oh and how much is it to see him for the first month? thank you, if anyone respondes to this feel free to send me an email of the info on my questions. [email protected] thank you.  Respond
RID: 1447045
22/05/11 5 5 5 5 very fine person as well as very well disciplined and knowlegable DR works with paitent and offers his advice while also excepting your knowledge of your personnel experience with your body and how it reacts to different meds. doesnt just blanket treat everyone the same
RID: 1423201
22/04/11 3 5 5 5 i love dr.aggarwal! he's considerate and professional. i've been to other pain clinics. dr. aggarwal is the best,by far! thanks ,dr.a!!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1386629
14/03/11 5 4 5 5 Amazing how many people demonize a compassionate Doctor who after trying many different medications shows a willingness to prescribe stronger pain medications. 99% of Doctors out there are not going to give you strong medication like Percocet after your 1st office visit. Look how unhealthy the people in Alabama are. Obesity, smoking, and heart disease. The problem is too many Doctors in Alabama wait until your lives have deteriorated before intervening. Idiots
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1336575
14/01/11 5 5 5 5 He was the most kind professional doctor that I have been to. He actually treats you like a human with a medical problem. Pain is bad but when you have a doctor that has commpassion are hard to find. I hope to be his patient for the rest of my life. My name is kimberly johnson. I thought the staff were very kind to me and I just feel like a human again. Keep up the good work, you treated me with great respect because of my condition and I can't expless how that makes me feel. You are the best doctor I have ever been to and I am not leaving. My name is Kim Johnson
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1334184
12/01/11 5 5 5 5 In 2005 I was in an accident and had a Spinal cord injury and a major back operation with the help of Dr. Aggarwal I have a quality of life without constant PAIN!! Without his help I would have never been able to go through the two yers of therapy which it took for me to be able to walk again.  See Responses
RID: 1332140
10/01/11 5 5 4 5 Dr. Aggerwal is very compassionate and cares for his patients. He is very attractive and with that being said he has always been a gentleman..Thank you for helping people that have chronic pain.
RID: 1317975
20/12/10 5 5 5 5 I have several problems, back pain, fibromyalgia, lupus, etc. etc., DR. Aggerway is the only reason I can still even get up in the a.m. He has never been unprofessional with me. He is a very strict Doctor and that is how it should be. He has tried other things beside medication, which tells e that he doesn't "want your monty". He is very interested in helping you with your pain - and will run tests and send you to different places if he's not helping and you still have problems. He does the drug tests to see if you ARE for a fact taking the meds he is prescribing you and not selling them or giving them away. I applaud him for that. and he DOES dismiss patients because of misuse of prescriptions and that is a GREAT thing.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1282116

29/10/10 3 3 2 2   Respond
RID: 1280492
27/10/10 4 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Aggarwal for more years than I can count. Before him I did not even have a diagnosis after seeing chiropractors, internal medicine, orthopedic, and many others. I had been dealing with the problem for nearly 10 years and I truly suffered through college. I had a hard time working. Thanks to him and the shots I get and medicines that are appropriate I can do things I thought I would never do again. He is great about really knowing his patients. He can tell if I am in pain or upset by just seeing me. He has seen me through many problems and surgeries and I know I probably took too much of his time but he is efficient and loves his job. I am glad he has strict rules. If he didn't he would get in trouble and nobody wins. People have to understand he puts his career and medical license on the line to help us. He has to be very strict but he is always compassionate and professional as well as his staff. He isn't bad to look at either. I hope he stays around forever.
RID: 1271151
13/10/10 5 5 5 5 i think dr. aggarwal is great and selective on dispensing meds. he made me feel comfortable and he was compassionate toward me and my needs.i would highly recommend him. it was easy to get in and out of his office in a timely manner and the staff was very kind.
RID: 1262810
01/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aggarwal is the best doctor period for people with chronic pain. He helped me out greatly. I am happy now. I can pick up my 9 month old child and Hold with her and I can work to Aide my family. Dr. Aggarwal is an Very fast talker but he is highly Energetic & smart. he gets right to All the points which is priority one By far helping the patients. I feel I should Thank you Dr. Agg to all the Gant likers and haters out there. Keep your comments to yourself, your just upset cause he isn't or won't see you for whatever reason. He is an awesome doctor. Ciao' All  Respond
RID: 1120772
04/03/10 3 5 2 5 dr.agg came highly recommended to me and once i saw him i could see why.he truely listens and helps you.for the first time in years i have been able to enjoy life.however just today i was let down completely by him.i went for my three month visit and was informed by the staff that i had been dismissed as his patient!they say they recieved a phone call from an unknown man that he had found my pill bottles in his daughters bedroom and i was selling my meds!i burst into tears because this is untrue and i was not only not allowed to talk with him but also not given my meds which is going to put me in grave danger due to withdrawals!i know who called because they threatened it (to call) outside the pharmacy when they overheard what kind of meds i got they also see dr.agg but obviosly abuse them.also of the six months ive seen him i have every empty bottle from every script he has written me!given the chance to tell him and show him this maybe he would not belive hearsay!as it is i am sick!!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
Respond

25/10/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 958604
10/08/09 4 5 4 5 To the poster on 8/9/09. Why would you not simply ask for a lower dosage? You took the 10mg and decide to complain on the internet? Simply ask for the lower dosage next visit. Also, if you have knowlege of someone selling medication you should report it to the doctor immediatly. Why would you associate with drug dealers anyway? I've gone there several years and he is very kind, thorough, and strict. The drug tests are to keep out abusers so if you don't like it then go somewhere else or live in pain like so many other people do because most other doctors don't want to deal with the problems associated with narcotic pain treatment.
See Responses

29/07/09 SYSTEM: 3 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 937783
15/07/09 3 5 5 5 I just read the rating posted on 7/13/09 and I was APPALLED. I have been to more doctors than I care to count and Dr. Aggrawal is one of the nicest, most knowledgeable doctors I have ever been to - he is DEFINITELY the very best pain doctor in my region (believe me, I have gone to most of them). He WAS quick, very quick - but he knew EXACTLY what he was doing and HE DID HIS JOB! I had all my information documented for him (did you, last poster???) He assesed my entire situation and read ALL my information very quickly. (Speed is NOT an indicator of ineptness.) I listened to every word he dictated and he was right on spot. He prescribed the EXACT medications I needed. I agree that his staff was not exactly "sparkling" - but they DID NOT IMPEDE MY ACCESS TO THE DOCTOR - so why do they matter so much? You have missed out on an opportunity to have an excellent doctor treat you for pain. Please go to the APC and see how well they treat you! It is NOT a place I would recommeend to anyone.
See Responses

12/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 897504
27/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aggrawal is one of the most finest Doctors I have ever met and went to. He is so very intelligent, he is down to earth and he giuenuely cares.I have been going to him for over 5 years and he is like family,I drive over 3 hours to his office and would go further to keep him as my Doctor. I put all my trust and faith in him as a Doctor and person. His Staff are so very good they make you feel at home, they always have a smile and are very helpful in any way. All in all this Doctor and his Staff is rated as high as _--PERFECT+__ in my life.I couldnt walk much when I started to him, now I can. I want ever be healed of what I have but Dr.Agg gives me strength and hope to keep getting up every day and not give up. So heres to you Dr. Aggrawal and Staff, Thank Youll So Much For Being There.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 891998
19/05/09 5 5 5 5 I absolutely love this doctor!!! I am so thankful to have found him. I am always taken back early, discuss all my problems, he fixes them or adjusts my medications, and I am out in no time. Not only is he professional, smart, and thorogh... but he is always on time!!! That's amazing with as many patients as he has?!?! His office staff is just the same! They are great! His receptionist is always accommodating, his nurse is quick, and his office manager is awesome! They have plenty of riff-raff... but she definitely knows how to handle them. She always has a smile on her face though!!! That's really important. I love this office!!!
RID: 872986
28/04/09 5 5 5 5 i have seen dr. scherliss, dr willis, and dr. murphy in the north alabama area. they have nowhere the compassion dr. aggarwal has. dr. aggarwal treated my RSD for the last several years. he helped with my all my disability papers and thanks to him i now have disability as i cannot work. if it was not for dr aggarwal i dont know what i would do. his office staff is always happy and makes patients feel like they are special. every doctors office should be like that. i know he is very strict as he has kicked out 100s of patients in the last several years. he does drug testing on them. may god bless him
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 872413
28/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aggarwal is truly the best pain doctor in the city. He is a young, handsome, and energetic doctor. He moves at a fast pace and gets the job done. I am a female patient and he has been a perfect gentlemen with me for the last three years. Because he is so good looking, I bet a lot of female patients are attracted to him! He truly cares about his patients. I have referred many patients to him and they are all very happy with him. I realize it is not easy for a doctor to please everyone and some patients will not like dr.aggarwal, but I definitely do!!!!!!!! I think he has been around for 10 years or so. Everyone seems to know him and recommends him.!!
RID: 871055
26/04/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Aggarwal was recommended by my family doctor almost three years ago. I have been very pleased with the treatment. I can also count on not having to wait in the office for hours which is wonderful. He is careful about the drugs he gives his patients and will dismiss a patient if he finds out they are abusing them. That is what I want in a doctor. There are too many others who just hand out pills and don't really care about the person. Dr. Aggarwal cares and it shows. I fought being placed on pain meds for a long time, but finally couldn't take it any longer. He has helped me to keep going and I am very thankful. He has always been very respectful and is clear when he talks to me about treatment. We need more like him. His staff members are very nice and they seem knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 844972
27/03/09 5 5 5 5 This doctor is the best pain doctor that I have ever been to. He is very strict and he will test you for other drugs when you least expect it.I give him the highest respect as a person and a doctor.I have disc problems in my lower back and because of him I have not had to have back surgery.
RID: 749599
25/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aggarwal is one of the finest chronic pain doctors i have met.He is very cost effective and does not run a block shop like other pain clinics in huntsville, al. His office staff is very nice. He is extremely strict with his narcotics contract. I think the statements made by the person on 9-23-08 are not true--he was probably discharged from his practice and therefore has a grudge. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. He has helped me with my back pain more than anybody else, including surgeons.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 695731
03/10/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Aggarwal (original poster misspelled the good doctor's name) is a professional, kind-hearted, caring individual. By the time you are referred to him, countless tests have been done and many specialists have "put their hands on you". It is not his job to diagnose your ailment. He is a pain management doctor. He does other things besides giving out pills. He has conducted nerve tests on me and tried steroid injections, etc., to help my pain. He is very strict about dispensing pain pills. He does random urinalysis and begins your program with the lowest dose medication possible. I am considered an attractive female and he has been a perfect gentleman with me. A female acquaintance of mine goes to him also and has had the same positive experience. Original poster states Dr. Aggarwal didn't even put his hands on him but had sex with a patient in his office. Matter of fact, original poster states twice the doctor didn't put his hands on him. Do I sense some jealousy..?
* - Rating left by a registered user