You may also like

Rate Dr. Jay S. Nemiro

Dr. Jay S. Nemiro's Ratings

I just saw Dr. N today and IT WAS A FANTASTIC experiennce! He educated me on all my problems im dealing with right now and was the most honest and educated specialist I have yet met with! I am thrilled he has taken my case and feel blessed to have his help! I recommend him to anyone with infertility problems. He is a smart doctor and trustworthy. THANK YOU STAFF and DR. NEMIRO!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I am 43 and wanted a tubal reversal. Due to my religious beliefs I do not wish to undergo IVF . I saw Dr Nemiro for a consultation. And contrary to the info on his website the first words out of his mouth were IVF. We explained our position but he kept trying to convince us that IVF was my best chance. When he became belligerent and expressed doubt in the power of "my God" we walked out. He even attempted to call me on my cell phone that evening to continue to try to pressure us into IVF . My husband had to take the phone and tell him we would have to report him if he continued to contact us. This doctor thinks he is a god. I would tell anyone not to use him. We ended up finding a good Christian doctor in San antonio and I just got back from a successful surgery and all glory goes to God!!! Do not use Dr Nemiro!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Answers the phone at 10 pm on Sunday if you call. Has supportive nurses and protocol that works. 3 ivf and 3pregnancies for us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

I really trusted this dr. and over all I had a great experience but then his son who is a lawyer in Phoenix got involved in my divorce on my ex-husbands side knowing i had been a patient with Dr. Nemiro and trying to use my surgery against me which completely ruined any trust i had for Dr. Jay Nemiro or any one in his office or anyone related to him. if you need a great Dr. I would still recommend him just be VERY careful his son is a lawyer and is not exactly what I would call ethical. I can not deny that he is an incredible surgeon and doctor once again i just warn you of the fact that his son does know about his cliental and will unethically use your situation and state of duress against you if your husband happens to file for divorce and happens to use his son as a lawyer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

After waiting for over an hour to see Dr. Nemiro (and that's with every appointment), he treats you the same way as everyone else- as if everyone fits the same mold. He is disrespectful, not personal and far removed from your care. His nurses know more abouy you and see you more than him. Not worth the aggravation- there are better doctors out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2674053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

We are writing this comment with the hopes that those researching and are considering this practice will be well aware of what to expect when they choose this doctor.

My husband and I chose Dr. Nemiro for our fertilty issue after a lot of research (and thought he was the "best" in Phoenix) and went to see him despite him being more expensive. To start with, the office staff is very unprofessional and one can easily hear confidential details discussed at the front desk(you would hear it even if you tried not to as the staff is loud enough). The wait time is always at least 30 minutes or more (and I have waited for 1.5 hours before just to see him, and that is with an appointment).Also, the staff members are not on the same page as their answers to the same questions are different.

As for the nurses,they are a lot more involved in the care of a patient compared to Dr. Nemiro. That is until more money is needed to proceed, then you will see Dr. Nemiro.The practice is also not very upfront about costs. For us, the quote started at about $16+K. But at the end of the treatment, we were at least $30K deep, much more than we were led to believe. That is because they do not include (nor did they tell us upfront in the "financial consultation", that they did not include the cost of medications, IVF medications which runs $4.4K, additional medications from a compounding center which ran another $2K+, more medications from the local pharmacy and numerous bloodwork/labs that cost another $5K - initial bloodwork was $2.5K and then there were more bloodwork/labs every other week, so much so that you can be sure you are known by the lab technicians). In our opinion, Dr. Nemiro was quick to order many tests eventhough it did not help with the diagnosis. If you choose to go to Dr. Nemiro, you need to be aware of this.

I agree with the other comment made here who mentioned that Dr. Nemiro treats his patients with a cookie cutter mentality and if you get pregnant fairly easily you are great to add to his stats, but if you have difficulties in conceiving he has very few answers other than -Unexplained. He will appear confident at first, until something goes wrong, then all he does is try to give excuses, excuses which did not even answer the question as to why the IVF did not work.

One of the worse outcomes (other than not conceiving) is we never knew what the "problem" was because despite the practice being called Arizona Center for Fertility Studies, they never studied or researched the cause of infertility (i.e. no questions was ever asked about frequency of sex, lifestyle - stress? excessive exerciser? diet?, checks to see if ovulation took place naturally etc). It was straight to IVF. In our opinion, we at least have the right to know what was the cause especially since we have invested/dedicated so much time, energy, hopes and money.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2599207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

We had 2 donated embryos which I became pregnant from but it ends up being blighted ovum and he knew. Had uterine fibroids but he assured us this won't be an issue...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][503910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2013

After 7 unsuccessful IUI cycles elsewhere, we found immediate success with Dr. Nemiro. We now have a perfectly healthy, beautiful, unbelievably loving 14-month-old son. We do not have fertility coverage so I searched the country for the best doctor my hard-earned money could buy. He is compassionate, considerate, respectful, and always at the front of his field, which seems to be evolving daily. What a difference infertility is with Dr. Nemiro. It is not humiliating; it is not emotionally uncomfortable; it is not a blind ordeal. He is up-front from day 1 and honest about your personal situation and options. Dr. Nemiro is a breath of fresh air when you are suffering the toll infertility takes. Dr. Nemiro will schedule you on a weekend if that is what your body requires. He will return calls and update you late at night or on the weekend if needed. Dr. Nemiro truly came into our lives for a reason. And that reason is sitting in front of me watching television while I write this review.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][503909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2012

My husband and I were very unhappy with this practice's standard of care. The front office staff was very unprofessional and did not discuss patient's situations privately. The wait time was ofter over an hour. Dr. Nemiro was very quick to do many unnecessary tests resulting in no outcome/diagnose and a lot of wasted money. He often times was not available for questions and had other medical professionals working for him step in and do his job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][503908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

I had a great experience with Dr. Nemiro he has always been the one i spoke with i have never had to wait longer than 5 minutes and he anwers any questions i have. His staff followed up with my care after my surgery. I would say their an excellent office team. An i would recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][503907].votes_count ]]