Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

Very caring doctor, incredible bed side manner and oustanding knowledge. Her office is very well organized, very busy though!understandable because it is the only Centre for skin cancer in Simcoe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I am Dr.Alam's patient for almost 6 years now because of my long lasting skin condition. I can't believe my eyes when I read such a nasty comments about this great doctor. The waiting room of her office is always full of patients that fully trust her and know that she is taking the best care possible of them. She is fast, smart and full of expertise in skin diseases. I hope she is not offended by those comments that don't appreciate her hard work. We really need her services and I can't imagine seeing her leave us for any reason. She is the only dermatologist that I believe in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

She may be empathetic and helpful for skin cancer patients, but she totally blew me off for systemic psoriasis. Took one look, spoke to her intern as though I weren't in the room, and treated me like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I asked her about my melasma, and her response was 'that's not treatable, we aren't going to talk about that.' I was shocked as this is a treatable condition and she spoke to me as if I were a fool. Ignorant, arrogant doctor. I am a nurse and I ever treated a patient this way I would probably lose my license. I will never go back to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700327].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Dr. Alam barely looked at my skin, she completely ignored what i was telling her. She just through out the classic 'eczema - treat with cortisol' when i know without a doubt that i don't have eczema. I have not one symptom of eczema. When i told her i have no symptoms of eczema & my own physician said it wasn't eczema, she just stared at me blankly, then repeated herself. It was a complete waste of my time. She didn't care to get to the root cause of my problem, she actually tried to push me away from diagnostic biopsy. A doctor who doesn't listen to their patient when they are trying to relate their symptoms is not worthy of their doctorate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2681160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. Alam was fast, friendly and so very helpful for issues that went untreated and unresolved for years before a referral to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Brilliant doctor, extremely caring and the best encounter that I have ever experienced in a specialist office. Many of my friends and are Dr.Alam's patient and when they strongly recommended her, I was expecting a very good doctor. Actually her knowledge and bedside manner was beyond my expectation. I brought my son to see her and she found his problem after a very thorough exam and up to the point questions. My son was suffering a condition that none of the doctors was able to find it.Dr.Alam did the right diagnosis and started the treatment and thanks god he is finally getting rid of his problem.Thank you so much Dr.Alam. I can't thank you enough. Very good job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I waited 3 month to get an appointment and over 1hr to see her. It appears many people are booked for the same time spots (more money for her) the staff were dressed very unprofessional and the physician was not seen washing her hands as she went from room to room. I saw her over a year ago and all she would prescribe me was Accutane after I told her several times I did not want this medication she was pushing me out the door. I asked for some topicals to try in which she prescribed two with little effect. Not helpful at all my family GP has been helping me with my acne, overall not impressed and Barrie needs some caring derms that are more sympathetic. Will be traveling to Toronto for consultations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640107].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Amazing! Not only did she diagnose me just by looking at it with a lens and confirmed with biopsy. She saw that I was terrified and visually upset, she assured me that I was going to be just fine and that they would remove all of the cancer and I would do well. She educated me on what type of cancer it was and thankfully I was one of the lucky ones with the mild form. The follow up visits with her were just as good. I wanted a GREAT doctor, not someone that can have amazing bedside manner but not know what they are doing! She had it all! A Pro and what you want when faced with cancer! Trust her! Wendy O'Keefe

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr.Alam is a pro when it comes to skin cancer. Everyone with a suspicious mole should see her! Her clinic is really a centre for skin cancer with very experienced plastic surgeons that deal withe the cancer everyday and give you the best service possible. I am very glad that she found my cancer before spreading all over my body.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I was quite worried going in to my appointment as I had done my research and reviewed previous comments. I can honestly say that my own experience was a caring and kind staff, very punctual in and out in under an hour as for Dr. Alam, she was kind, compassionate, systematic, hands on & nailed down a diagnosis and prescribed and outlined a treatment plan. I would recommend! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609152].votes_count ]]