Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

Dr. Alam was fast, friendly and so very helpful for issues that went untreated and unresolved for years before a referral to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Brilliant doctor, extremely caring and the best encounter that I have ever experienced in a specialist office. Many of my friends and are Dr.Alam's patient and when they strongly recommended her, I was expecting a very good doctor. Actually her knowledge and bedside manner was beyond my expectation. I brought my son to see her and she found his problem after a very thorough exam and up to the point questions. My son was suffering a condition that none of the doctors was able to find it.Dr.Alam did the right diagnosis and started the treatment and thanks god he is finally getting rid of his problem.Thank you so much Dr.Alam. I can't thank you enough. Very good job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I waited 3 month to get an appointment and over 1hr to see her. It appears many people are booked for the same time spots (more money for her) the staff were dressed very unprofessional and the physician was not seen washing her hands as she went from room to room. I saw her over a year ago and all she would prescribe me was Accutane after I told her several times I did not want this medication she was pushing me out the door. I asked for some topicals to try in which she prescribed two with little effect. Not helpful at all my family GP has been helping me with my acne, overall not impressed and Barrie needs some caring derms that are more sympathetic. Will be traveling to Toronto for consultations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640107].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Amazing! Not only did she diagnose me just by looking at it with a lens and confirmed with biopsy. She saw that I was terrified and visually upset, she assured me that I was going to be just fine and that they would remove all of the cancer and I would do well. She educated me on what type of cancer it was and thankfully I was one of the lucky ones with the mild form. The follow up visits with her were just as good. I wanted a GREAT doctor, not someone that can have amazing bedside manner but not know what they are doing! She had it all! A Pro and what you want when faced with cancer! Trust her! Wendy O'Keefe

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr.Alam is a pro when it comes to skin cancer. Everyone with a suspicious mole should see her! Her clinic is really a centre for skin cancer with very experienced plastic surgeons that deal withe the cancer everyday and give you the best service possible. I am very glad that she found my cancer before spreading all over my body.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I was quite worried going in to my appointment as I had done my research and reviewed previous comments. I can honestly say that my own experience was a caring and kind staff, very punctual in and out in under an hour as for Dr. Alam, she was kind, compassionate, systematic, hands on & nailed down a diagnosis and prescribed and outlined a treatment plan. I would recommend! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Very professional and thorough . Yes I did wait BUT the wait was worth it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

She is very detailed, caring and super knowledgeable! I haven't seen any specialist like her in my entire life. The staff is unbelievably professional and sympathic. It is a very busy clinic though and expect waiting for a while but it is worth waiting for this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2561667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr. Alam saved my life by finding a melanoma spot on my body and sending me to a surgeon of her team. I wasn't even referred to her because of this mole! Because even my family doctor didn't notice it! But she did a full skin cheque for me so thoroughly that she found this mole. I can't thank her enough. Thank you so very much Dr. Alam

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2513365].votes_count ]]