Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

My first visit was today was for a consult. Front desk staff is very friendly and efficient. There were a lot of people in the waiting room so I was a bit late getting in. Dr. Alam is extremely nice and quickly gets to the point. I return in 2 weeks for a biopsy and have another appointment two weeks after that to get the results. Not much of a wait which is nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Super skilled, very caring and fast!! She never wastes your time with nonsense and unnecessary comments, right to the point. She is my dermatologist for 4 years now and I love her. I have a long lasting condition and she takes care of me in an excellent way

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I was referred to her from midland for a bad looking mole on my fac. I was so scared that I couldn't sleep for day. When I entered that busy office, I have to confess that I never believed that I would be treated well but in my extreme surprise the front desk and the nurses and Dr alam were so professional and sympathetic that I couldn't believe it she referred me to a very nice plastic surgeon in her office and my mole was diagnosed as melanoma. it was removed in a fastest way that I could imagine and now I am cancer free. People in Barrie are so lucky to have this efficient cancer center in their town. I wish we had the same thing in my own town.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I came from Sudbury since we have only one very busy dermatologist. I was pleased with the treatment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Dr Alam is always thorough and also pleasant to deal with

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr.Alam find a mole on me although I was referred to her because of rash!! That mole was proven to be a melanoma!! I did a surgery by a great plastic surgeon at her office. Everything under one roof!! If she hadn't noticed that mole by doing a full skin check I would be dead in a few years.She saved my life

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

I waited a long time...but when I went in, Dr.Alam went straight to the point. No messing around. The receptionists and nurse are really great. Office is clean. Waiting is part of the free healthcare in Canada, what did you expect?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

Very caring doctor, incredible bed side manner and oustanding knowledge. Her office is very well organized, very busy though!understandable because it is the only Centre for skin cancer in Simcoe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I am Dr.Alam's patient for almost 6 years now because of my long lasting skin condition. I can't believe my eyes when I read such a nasty comments about this great doctor. The waiting room of her office is always full of patients that fully trust her and know that she is taking the best care possible of them. She is fast, smart and full of expertise in skin diseases. I hope she is not offended by those comments that don't appreciate her hard work. We really need her services and I can't imagine seeing her leave us for any reason. She is the only dermatologist that I believe in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

She may be empathetic and helpful for skin cancer patients, but she totally blew me off for systemic psoriasis. Took one look, spoke to her intern as though I weren't in the room, and treated me like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I asked her about my melasma, and her response was 'that's not treatable, we aren't going to talk about that.' I was shocked as this is a treatable condition and she spoke to me as if I were a fool. Ignorant, arrogant doctor. I am a nurse and I ever treated a patient this way I would probably lose my license. I will never go back to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2700327].votes_count ]]