You may also like

Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

She was polite and thorough. A very confident and well educated doctor. I feel lucky to have her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2855014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I would not go to this ignorant Doctor again if she was the last one on earth. She refused to treat my psoriasis as long as i continued to take methotrexate but offered no alternatives. Worst bedside manners and abraisive disposition i've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847861].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 24, 2015

I had the same experience as one of the raters a couple of years ago. I was referred to Dr alam for long lasting eczema. She told me there was no cure and I had to cope with this chronic condition. this made me so upset that I went to see a naturopath. He gave me a long list of to dos and not to DOs! After months of torture, I finally found Dr. Alam's comments very true and scientific. She didn't actually mess me up with nonsense comments that I received from my naturopath altough I didn't want to hear the bitter truth about my condition

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I have been struggling with deep painful ulcers on my face and facial cellulitis unsuccessfully treated with 6 weeks of iv, oral, and topical antibiotics starting February of this year, and still struggling to find support and resources in the dermatology field with this issue among with painful nails. I was referred to by Dr. Alam and after waiting 6 weeks for the appointment and 2.5 hours in the waiting room, she did not even come within 5 feet of me to examine my issues, did not write any clinical notes to assist other doctors whom are part of my health team with diagnosing my problem, did not tell me what she thought it was, did not provide me with next steps to take or what to do, and tried to rush me out. Since I have been dealing with a disfigured face and have not been able to work or attend school, I was extremely emotional about my issue and she escorted me out. I cried hysterically out of the office and throughout the waiting room. I am a nursing student, and I was absolutely disturbed and horrified by the way Dr. Alam's demeanour left me feeling helpless and vulnerable. I hope that patients who are struggling with health concerns do not feel undermined with the cold dismissal Dr. Alam can give of potentially serious symptoms, and actively seek care someplace else.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2813639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

The worst experience with a doctor ever. She gave my 3 year old daughter a corticosteroid cream foe her exzema without explaining ANY of the side-effects. When I asked her about the side-effects. She dismissed me by saying "Mom, its not cancer!" As if I shouldn't even be concerned about my daughter's skin condition. She talked extremely agressively, as if she is tired of patients bothering her. Did not answer any questions properly. When I asked her if there are any environmental changes I could consider to lessen my daughter's eczema, she said "no, its not an allergy. Its chronic. There is nothing you can do" After consulting a naturopath, I have learned a lot about the triggers of eczema, what I could do, and the dangers of using corticosteroid creams. I feel we were given the least respectful, least knowledgeable, and most ignorant treatment. I will never go back to her, and I wish she did not have her license. A waste of time going to this woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Wait was not too long. But once I got in, she told me my keloid scar was untreatable and dismissed me. Did not offer other solutions. Not overly impressed

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2806205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

She talks super fast, talks a lot and says a little. Horrible experience with Dr.Alam ! We were hurried out in less than 1 minute. My last question was as she walked out the door. The most uncaring and disrespectful doctor I have encountered.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2800706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I had an appointment in January. Yes, it's busy office but they do their best. Thank you Dr. Alam!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

I took my dad to Simcoderm because many of my friends and neighbors are Dr. Alam's patients. Whatever I heard from them was great and this proved to me when I went there for the first time. This is very very busy office!! But the front desk are doing their best to make waiting time less painful , they have a few wonderful and caring nurses too. As far as I understood this clinic is a center for skin cancer and that is why it looks so busy but definitely worth going there if you want to get rid of your moles!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

I don't trust any doctor to check my moles except Dr. Alam,she has got the best eyes! Thousands of skin cane patients are coming to her office and their team is taking the beat care of them. We are blessed that have access to this skin cancer center.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780230].votes_count ]]