Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

I came from Sudbury since we have only one very busy dermatologist. I was pleased with the treatment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Dr Alam is always thorough and also pleasant to deal with

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr.Alam find a mole on me although I was referred to her because of rash!! That mole was proven to be a melanoma!! I did a surgery by a great plastic surgeon at her office. Everything under one roof!! If she hadn't noticed that mole by doing a full skin check I would be dead in a few years.She saved my life

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

I waited a long time...but when I went in, Dr.Alam went straight to the point. No messing around. The receptionists and nurse are really great. Office is clean. Waiting is part of the free healthcare in Canada, what did you expect?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

Very caring doctor, incredible bed side manner and oustanding knowledge. Her office is very well organized, very busy though!understandable because it is the only Centre for skin cancer in Simcoe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I am Dr.Alam's patient for almost 6 years now because of my long lasting skin condition. I can't believe my eyes when I read such a nasty comments about this great doctor. The waiting room of her office is always full of patients that fully trust her and know that she is taking the best care possible of them. She is fast, smart and full of expertise in skin diseases. I hope she is not offended by those comments that don't appreciate her hard work. We really need her services and I can't imagine seeing her leave us for any reason. She is the only dermatologist that I believe in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

She may be empathetic and helpful for skin cancer patients, but she totally blew me off for systemic psoriasis. Took one look, spoke to her intern as though I weren't in the room, and treated me like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I asked her about my melasma, and her response was 'that's not treatable, we aren't going to talk about that.' I was shocked as this is a treatable condition and she spoke to me as if I were a fool. Ignorant, arrogant doctor. I am a nurse and I ever treated a patient this way I would probably lose my license. I will never go back to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2700327].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Dr. Alam barely looked at my skin, she completely ignored what i was telling her. She just through out the classic 'eczema - treat with cortisol' when i know without a doubt that i don't have eczema. I have not one symptom of eczema. When i told her i have no symptoms of eczema & my own physician said it wasn't eczema, she just stared at me blankly, then repeated herself. It was a complete waste of my time. She didn't care to get to the root cause of my problem, she actually tried to push me away from diagnostic biopsy. A doctor who doesn't listen to their patient when they are trying to relate their symptoms is not worthy of their doctorate.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2681160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. Alam was fast, friendly and so very helpful for issues that went untreated and unresolved for years before a referral to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Brilliant doctor, extremely caring and the best encounter that I have ever experienced in a specialist office. Many of my friends and are Dr.Alam's patient and when they strongly recommended her, I was expecting a very good doctor. Actually her knowledge and bedside manner was beyond my expectation. I brought my son to see her and she found his problem after a very thorough exam and up to the point questions. My son was suffering a condition that none of the doctors was able to find it.Dr.Alam did the right diagnosis and started the treatment and thanks god he is finally getting rid of his problem.Thank you so much Dr.Alam. I can't thank you enough. Very good job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649296].votes_count ]]