Dr. James A Black

Rate Dr. James A Black

Dr. James A Black's Ratings

This "Doctor" did not listen to what I had to say, and when I tried to relay the results of my own research, he interrupted me with "I don't bother with anything from Wikipedia". When I tried to discuss my own theories of what was going on, he would interrupt with stupid anecdotes from his years in the Army. Do not waste your time (not to speak of your money, and that of your insurance) with this "Doctor"!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][504981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

He never spent more than 10 minutes with me before prescribing medicaton without giving information on side effects. The first one with a common side effect to render you speechless (unable to find words) unable to focus etc. They call it living in a fog. I couldn't understand simple direction at my job or read! Understanding that side effects vary with the person, that one should have been brought to my attention. After switching me to another drug, again with out no warning of possible side effects, I find out the new drug had been known to severly damage one's liver and platelets. My pharmacist informs me he was supposed to run blood tests before and during the process of taking this medication. None of which were ever done. It was careless. This is not a doctor I would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][504980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Black for several years. He really takes the time to treat the patient, and when he didn't have an answer, he could refer me to a specialist that could. I highly recomened him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][504979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

very helpful and knowledgable. He takes the time, delivers a great bedside manner, and is thorough and prompt. Takes your concerns into consideration and works with your to find the treatment plan that is in your best interests. Simple office, advanced care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][504978].votes_count ]]