Rate Dr. Desiree Prisman

Dr. Desiree Prisman's Ratings

Dr. Prisman literally saved my life after many years of struggle trying to figure out how to live a better life. She gave me skills that I now use almost every day and helped change my life. I thought I would post a note about her. I guess the main point is that I recommend her. She is by far the best psychologist I have ever seen and for the first time I am feeling like things can be okay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2013

Dr. Prisman is an amazing psychologist. I agree with the previous posting. I would highly recommend her. She is understanding, empathic, and knowledgeable. I thank her for helping me to lead a better life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Desiree Prisman is a master in her field. I have seen a few psychologists and she is by far the best. You would be extremely fortunate if you get the opportunity to work with her. I can't stress this enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

For my first 12 sessions with Dr. Prisman, my insurance paid $100/hour, leaving me to pay $80. 12 X $80 = $960. Ouch! Because I couldn't afford a year of private DBT with Dr. Prisman, these 12 sessions were rushed, so rushed I couldn't see paying full price for a few more hours. Yet, Dr. Prisman is a highly professional, compassionate therapist who sees the potential and good in people. I highly recommend her for those who can afford ongoing sessions. Even those 12 sessions really helped me--she saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

I would very much recommend Dr. Prisman. She was very insightful and helped me with my problems. After many years of difficulty I now feel hopeful and understood. She seems genuinely interested in having her patients improve their quality of life and she gives you skills to help make that happen. She is an excellent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

After seeing a psychiatrist for over 10 years and not getting anywhere. Wow if was just a chance that I was told about Dr Prisman. She is incredibly knowledgeable and gives all the information she possibly can. Her high motivation certainly helped me (due to my disappointment with the mental health system). She is clear and goals are set which was all new to me and what I needed. I found her approach wonderful and suggest her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2010

I totally agree with the above comment. Desiree is so genuine and empathic. She can see the best in anyone and really connect with people. Yet she can also be firm and set boundaries. Working with her has made a huge difference in my life. She is a truly gifted therapist. Her specialized training with personality disorders really helps too. She helped me make sense of my reactions and change behaviors that I couldn't change before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2008

Desiree Prisman is by far the most professional doctor I have ever seen. She is highly skilled in treating borderline personality disorder, and follows Linehan's treatment method. She shows incredible patience, empathy, skill, insight and professionalism in EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT. She always keeps her focus on the therapy and is very precise in the way she deals with patients. She manages to maintain that incredible balance that those with BPD need in therapists- someone who is empathetic, yet stern enough to get the job done. I am grateful that there are people like her who are willing to help those that many doctors refuse to deal with. I wish that more doctors took her approach to those with personality disorders.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][505233].votes_count ]]