Rate Dr. Jeffrey Gilmour

Dr. Jeffrey Gilmour's Ratings

wonderful physician- great bedside manner
highly recommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Love the calm, gentle way he handles any situation . He is the perfect gynecologist given that anyone going to see him is about to lose all dignity. Somehow he makes you feel that it is OK, there is nothing to fret. He delivered 2 of my 3 children (moved too far away for 3rd) 16 years ago and I recently needed his help yet again. Would you believe he remembered me?? Super guy. I appreciate the career you have chosen Dr. Gilmour, it suits you well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2598939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Phenomenal OBGYN. I went to him for the delivery of my first born and from the moment I had my first interaction with him, to when I had to deliver the baby, he was nothing but kind, helpful, and calming. He made my experience a less stressful one!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr. Gilmour performed my cessarian section. He is not my OBGYN, but since I delivered at MSH he was the doctor on call. My c-section was performed once it was determined after 5 hours of pushing that I could not deliver vaginally. I really wanted a vaginal birth and Dr. Gilmour essentially gave me the extra time I needed to come around to a c-section birth even though it was apparent much sooner that I wouldn't be able to deliver and I appreciate that. He did an excellent job of my section and I had very minimal scarring and a very speedy recovery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1250135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

This doctor has not been helpful to me at all. He always gave me the feeling that nothing was wrong with that pregnancy, but I constantly had a feeling that something was wrong. He had performed a minor procedure, but gave no antibiotics or anything and he did not bother to follow up for 3 weeks, within which I miscarried. After having checked with other doctors later on, came to know that the infection from the procedure could have caused the miscarraige. After recovering with this horrible incident, when I went to see him again, he kept talking as though he did his best and there was nothing else he could do, as though that was my fate...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1250137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Dr Gilmour is one the best Gynecologist in Markham Stouffville Hospital and in Markham area. He is very patient, considerate and knowledgeable doctor. He listens to you and your concerns and acts based upon your decision and what is best for you. I'm actually suffer from vaginismus and I voluntary asked him to deliver my baby by c-section. He provided me all the reason for not to have it, but since I was know that is best for me, he accepted and actually did a very nice job on my c/s. Both my baby and I are happy and there is no regret to have c/s. I strongly recommend this doctor to any body in this area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1250134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2011

Dr Gilmour is very patient. I used to take a list of questions to my appointments and he answered them all one by one. He is a calm and nice person with whom you feel very comfortable to discuss your concerns. One the best things about him is that he listens to your opinions. I had a C-section and I asked him to use stitches over staples and he accepted although that was not his routine. I would refer any friend to him! :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1250133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr Gilmour is the most wonderful, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor I have ever known. He saved my baby's and my life when I had pre-eclampsia at 28weeks gestation. He performed an emergency C-Section to deliver my baby and we both survived. My little girl is starting kindergarten this fall. I strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking of a really really good OB-GYN. GOOD JOB DR GILMOUR!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1250132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

I was unlucky I suppose. I have never really got the impression he was knowledgeable. I'm going to get right to the point. I had yellow yucky stains in my underwear, it smelled so I assumed I had an infection. Dr. Gilmour didn't even bother to take a swab to be on the safe side. I guess he was being lazy and didn't want to get his hands dirty. He said it was most likely cause I have the Mirena IUD. I trusted him.. but my problem got worse.. I went to my family Dr, he took a swab. Results were I had an infection and was put on antibiotics. I personally feel like Dr. Gilmour rushes things due to the volume of people in his rooms and in the waiting room, doesn't fully examine whats wrong. I will not be going back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1250136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr Gilmour was my OB with my first pregnancy. He was very kind and nice every time I visited him. He was very knowlegable and he correctly identifind my condition of Pre-eclampsia when I was 27 weeks pregnant and took precautions and asked me to admit me to the hospital on time. He really saved me and my baby. Even though my baby was born on 28 weeks, because of the preparation and the precautions taken both the baby and me are doing really good now. I would really recommend Dr Gilmour to anyone without any hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1250131].votes_count ]]