Rate Dr. Michael Elterman

Dr. Michael Elterman's Ratings

25 Years after this pig in the public trough of providing "court-ordered reports" in custody hearings, and a pay-off by the ex-husband, "Bernie the Attorney" this liarsrecommendations and the subsequent loss of my kids is still resonating in all our lives, including the grandkids...the exhusband is a sociopath and so is Elterman...I am surprised that only one of them is coupled with my son's mother in law. Everyone knows about Elterman and yet he is still allowed to "practice". Check out articles on his over payment from government.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Stay away from him - he is not professional and never keeps the dates. He is like money making machine and doesn't care about child interests.
If he writes Section 15th Report and you are not satisfied, request his notes - usually they are contradicted to the Report

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2509981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Elterman. I was very intimidated I had to have a Section 15 report done at all (an attempt by my ex-husband to stop a move to a different province), let alone that I had to expose my daughters to it. As it turned out Dr. Elterman was a gem with the children and they had fun with him. He also saw right through my ex'es web of delusions & lies and not only was I able to move, he said it would be detrimental for them not to be in my care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

I'm afraid my experience with Dr. Elterman was also not a positive one. He was clearly swayed by the lies of my psychopathic ex-wife and took her side. He tried to put words in the mouths of my witnesses and in his report twisted what they said. My ex continued to poison my daughter's mind against me between the ages of 6 and 10 and she has since become estranged from me. Her life is now a mess. She's attempted suicide at least once and run away from home. On the personal side, I too found Dr. Elterman disheveled and unprofessional in appearance. His handshake was weak and his hands told of a man who has never done an honest days work in his life. Yet people have to pay a king's ransom for his "services."

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][506148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

I saw Dr. Elterman as an adult woman years ago. He was very calm and I could discuss nitty gritty unpleasant things with him, with complete ease. He was very understanding, kind, and helpful to me in helping me with past history of a sadistic, abusive father. Now many years later with my father's death, and upon discovering written documents from my father, as well as family verification, EVERYTHING Dr. Elterman said was true. I retain a warm grateful spot in my scarred heart for the words Dr. Elterman said to me so many years ago. I felt he welcomed me to sessions as if I were worth a million dollars. I am grateful to Dr. Michael Elterman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2013

He was sensitive,gentle and cared. He really tried to help me regarding my father. He apologized when he upset me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Elterman has over 7 years made 5-6 reports for us in a very acrimonious case, involving PAS against the father (me) and serious enmeshment. I respect Dr. Elterman's level of integrity knowledge, he is very intelligent. Naturally he subjects himself to criticism - remember that Elterman works within a court system essentially 10 years behind psychology and no matter his recommendation is, it leaves at least one person who is mad as hell. I have not been happy with what has happened over the last 7 years. I would have preferred something more radical to happen BEFORE my kid took to violence due to coaching and enmeshment with his mother. As it stands now, I have legally "won". I have had full custody for 2 years, but illicit access, extended phone access, gamesmanship in court, reneging on agreements etc. has caused the PAS to pass the line. I am now at a point where the kid does not want to be here. The courts don't enforce what they rule. Elterman, however, does a good job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr Elterman came highly recommended by our first (unexperienced) lawyer. Our second lawyer told us he was one of the worst in BC. We found out the hard way. He appeared completely distracted and uninterested. Upon receiving our report it was clear he did not understand the situation my step daughters or how desperately they wanted to live with their dad.He downplayed their moms admitting to violence against my husband and girls. We never showed the report to the girls but they found their mothers copy. They claimed he lied and within a month they finally got up the guts to confront their mom and threaten to report her to the ministry (she already had a record & dr E knew this). They moved in with us on the condition that she not have to pay child support. Thankfully they were finally old enough to confront their mom. I have since seen 2 other reports done for other people. Most expensive copy and paste jobs ever

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][506147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2012

When my ex-wife decided to falsely use the sexual abuse card to attempt to gain sole custody, Dr. Elterman was brought in to interview my 3-year-old daughter after another doctor found NO evidence of sexual abuse. Thanks to this genius's conclusion, that 'due to her level of comprehension, one can't rule out sexual touching,' I was subjected to the polygraph from hell in order to clear my name. I passed (DUH) and while you may not be able to rule it out, you also can't rule it in, especially since there was not even an attempt to interview me - never mind thoroughly interviewing my ex-wife to flush out her motives, which even the RCMP found completely transparent. So no, I have not had any contact with this man, but his affect on my life was brutal through complete carelessness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506146].votes_count ]]