Rate Dr. Michael Elterman

Dr. Michael Elterman's Ratings

Michael Elterman falsely stated my son's wish on the Section 15 report...to view my testimony, please link to http://www.section15report.com

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Dr. Eterman is a criminal. Not only does he commit himself to protecting criminals, but he also lies to judges in his parenting reports. He didn't contact any of my references before he dated and wrote his report. He accused me of being an alcoholic, when I am not. He didn't contact my doctor regarding rape allegations and instead wrote that i said "I got too drunk" I did not say this, as when the crime was committed against me, I was sleeping. The first question that this man asked me when I went in to discuss the parenting arragments of my two children was "Have you ever been raped before". WARNING: This is a man that uses crimes that have been committed against you to prove that you are unstable. HE IS AN AWFUL PERSON.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

25 Years after this pig in the public trough of providing "court-ordered reports" in custody hearings, and a pay-off by the ex-husband, "Bernie the Attorney" this liarsrecommendations and the subsequent loss of my kids is still resonating in all our lives, including the grandkids...the exhusband is a sociopath and so is Elterman...I am surprised that only one of them is coupled with my son's mother in law. Everyone knows about Elterman and yet he is still allowed to "practice". Check out articles on his over payment from government.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Stay away from him - he is not professional and never keeps the dates. He is like money making machine and doesn't care about child interests.
If he writes Section 15th Report and you are not satisfied, request his notes - usually they are contradicted to the Report

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2509981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Elterman. I was very intimidated I had to have a Section 15 report done at all (an attempt by my ex-husband to stop a move to a different province), let alone that I had to expose my daughters to it. As it turned out Dr. Elterman was a gem with the children and they had fun with him. He also saw right through my ex'es web of delusions & lies and not only was I able to move, he said it would be detrimental for them not to be in my care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

I'm afraid my experience with Dr. Elterman was also not a positive one. He was clearly swayed by the lies of my psychopathic ex-wife and took her side. He tried to put words in the mouths of my witnesses and in his report twisted what they said. My ex continued to poison my daughter's mind against me between the ages of 6 and 10 and she has since become estranged from me. Her life is now a mess. She's attempted suicide at least once and run away from home. On the personal side, I too found Dr. Elterman disheveled and unprofessional in appearance. His handshake was weak and his hands told of a man who has never done an honest days work in his life. Yet people have to pay a king's ransom for his "services."

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][506148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

I saw Dr. Elterman as an adult woman years ago. He was very calm and I could discuss nitty gritty unpleasant things with him, with complete ease. He was very understanding, kind, and helpful to me in helping me with past history of a sadistic, abusive father. Now many years later with my father's death, and upon discovering written documents from my father, as well as family verification, EVERYTHING Dr. Elterman said was true. I retain a warm grateful spot in my scarred heart for the words Dr. Elterman said to me so many years ago. I felt he welcomed me to sessions as if I were worth a million dollars. I am grateful to Dr. Michael Elterman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2013

He was sensitive,gentle and cared. He really tried to help me regarding my father. He apologized when he upset me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Elterman has over 7 years made 5-6 reports for us in a very acrimonious case, involving PAS against the father (me) and serious enmeshment. I respect Dr. Elterman's level of integrity knowledge, he is very intelligent. Naturally he subjects himself to criticism - remember that Elterman works within a court system essentially 10 years behind psychology and no matter his recommendation is, it leaves at least one person who is mad as hell. I have not been happy with what has happened over the last 7 years. I would have preferred something more radical to happen BEFORE my kid took to violence due to coaching and enmeshment with his mother. As it stands now, I have legally "won". I have had full custody for 2 years, but illicit access, extended phone access, gamesmanship in court, reneging on agreements etc. has caused the PAS to pass the line. I am now at a point where the kid does not want to be here. The courts don't enforce what they rule. Elterman, however, does a good job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506135].votes_count ]]