Dr. Carol Ng

Rate Dr. Carol Ng

Dr. Carol Ng's Ratings

I am impressed and enjoy Dr. Ng's care. She is conscientious and ensures that I see specialist doctors to treat the various problems associated with diabetes. I have always received prompt and thoughtful service from her staff. I've been a patient of Dr. Ng's for four years and I find what she doesn't know, she is ready to refer me to a specialist. As a result, I feel like between her and the specialists that she recommends, that my health care is excellent. I also really enjoy her manner with me taking time to know my medical condition and taking an interest in me. I feel confident with her service.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

I have found Dr. Ng to be an excellent doctor. She has been my doctor for almost 5 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. Always professional, knowledgable and kind. She treats both me and my two daughters and they have received great treatment from her as well. The staff are always quick to fit me in if we need urgent care and are very polite.

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag

Whew - reading other's comments, I think those of us who were used to Dr Adey's style were/are very disappointed that Dr Ng's personality is so different. My initial reaction, based on my first 2 visits, were that I would have to find another doctor (agree with the comments made by others about her apparent lack of people skills). However, my last 2 visits - since she has been off on maternity leave - have been a very different experience. Perhaps having a baby has made a difference - or is she reading this site and taking people's comments to heart? Now I have found her warmer, and far more helpful - and in a couple of cases, she has shown more knowledge than Dr Adey (with newer information about a couple of my prescriptions). I'm glad I decided to stay with her and see how she would be over time.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2012 | flag

Like the previous poster, I became Dr. Ng's patient after she took over for Dr. Adey. I find every time I go to her for a problem, she usually thinks it's nothing or just brushes it off saying 'it will go away with time'. She also always seems to be a rush, so talking to her about something can be quite hard. From the last time I tried to speak to her about a problem that was hard to talk about, she was already half way out the door. On the upside, the staff there are usually very friendly... Except for that previous time I was there. I needed to book another appt. since I didn't have time to talk to Dr. Ng about that problem before she walked out. I waited by the receptionist who was just typing on the computer for over 5mins. No 'hello' when I said hello, no 'I'll be with you in a minute', just plain ignoring me. Finally frustrated, I left as another patient approached the counter, and guess what? The receptionist looked up and talked with her!

Submitted Oct. 9, 2011 | flag

My doctor has taken over from Dr. F Adey.. who has retired.. Doctor Ng. does not have much empathy or understanding.. I have been married in an unhappy relationship for 40 years and have just gone through a separation. My young daughter has gotten into drugs... and I feel that to ask for stress leave was like asking for a holiday... and was made to feel lazy.. I also has some other situations where I was made to feel bad... This doctor does not have much human understanding..Maybe she can perscribe the drugs but she does nothing for the spirit.. I am a well liked middle school teacher and I just needed a doctor that I felt comfortable with..and she is not capable...

Submitted Sept. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr Ng totally missed a critical life threatening diagnosis on my two year old daughter. She said to wait out the symptoms. As a mom I felt I needed to have answers so went back a couple of weeks later and asked for a referral to a pediatrician. She gave the referral. After my daughter had life saving surgery in Vancouver at Children's Hosp we had to do some follow up with Dr Ng and she had the nerve to tellus that it was a good thing SHE caught the problem! If it wasn't so hard to find a doctor in Victoria I'd be switching immediately. Thankfully my daughter is still followed by our excellent pediatrician.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2010 | flag

I am surprised at some of the comments here. I found Dr. Ng to be very kind and open to suggestions. Her demeanor was friendly and professional. She was the first doctor to take seriously my minor but annoying and persistent problem.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ng is an excellent doctor, who makes an effort to respond to the needs and anxieties of her patients, many of whom are going through pregnancy for the first time. She delivered our first child last month, and was fantastic throughout, calming both myself and my husband, providing knowledgable advice, and when discussing things with the paediatrician, exhibited a genuine interest in expanding her knowledge. I am shocked by the comments about her asking questions, and not seeming to know enough. It's totally naive to think any dr knows everything, and I for one would not want a Dr. who thought they were "too good" to learn more or ask questions. AS far as her interactions with the nurses... our delivery nurse confessed at the start that she loved Dr. Ng. So... I'd say keep up the good work, Dr. Ng, and don't take the whiners too seriously! We'll see you for baby #2!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2010 | flag

1)She's not knowledgeable at all. She cannot answer questions clearly and simply gets offensive. 2)She's very impatient and usually only asks very few questions and jumps to prescribe some expensive drugs (and the last drugs she prescribed for me is on the list of Ten Drugs the Doctors Wouldn't Use Themselves). 3)I asked for a common test for my medical problem and her response was such test didn't exist in Canada. I had to go to a walk-in clinic as my symtoms worsened and without me asking, the doctor referred me to the lab for this test. (Unbelievable!) I definitely would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone, on the contrary, I would recommend that you should stay away from her!

Submitted July 18, 2010 | flag

My two year old loves Dr Ng. But we miss Dr Adey a lot I've been with Dr. Adey for 26 years she was the best. A. King

Submitted June 2, 2010 | flag