Rate Dr. Carol Ng

Dr. Carol Ng's Ratings

Shes hit or miss. sometimes she's very insightful other times seems totally confused. Her front office staff are really rude and possible the worst I've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

She was my doctor for both of my pregnancies. She was great at getting straight to the point and not adding extra stress. I loved the whole team of doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

Dr NG is very set in her ways and lazy with trying to find out what is wrong with you. Over the years I have given her my symptoms for multiple things and she has passed many things off as nothing, only for me to go to a walk in clinic and they find out what was wrong with me (pretty big things too like Type 2 Diabetes and Anemia etc). Now she mostly just passes you off to a specialist to do the work for her. She lacks empathy and even scoffed at me when I refused a few times the offer of meds because I wanted to try diet and exercise first for my Type 2 Diabetes, telling me "You would be better with a natropath instead of me then" (my diabetes is fully controlled with eating and no need for meds to this days years later). Staff more often than not are clearly burnt out and can be very rude.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2641788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr ng is gradually improving her sympathy skills. When I first started with her she always seemed rushed and uninterested in getting to the root. However now she's seems more than happy to refer me to a specialist and pass off the issue

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I am impressed and enjoy Dr. Ng's care. She is conscientious and ensures that I see specialist doctors to treat the various problems associated with diabetes. I have always received prompt and thoughtful service from her staff. I've been a patient of Dr. Ng's for four years and I find what she doesn't know, she is ready to refer me to a specialist. As a result, I feel like between her and the specialists that she recommends, that my health care is excellent. I also really enjoy her manner with me taking time to know my medical condition and taking an interest in me. I feel confident with her service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

I have found Dr. Ng to be an excellent doctor. She has been my doctor for almost 5 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. Always professional, knowledgable and kind. She treats both me and my two daughters and they have received great treatment from her as well. The staff are always quick to fit me in if we need urgent care and are very polite.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][506426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Whew - reading other's comments, I think those of us who were used to Dr Adey's style were/are very disappointed that Dr Ng's personality is so different. My initial reaction, based on my first 2 visits, were that I would have to find another doctor (agree with the comments made by others about her apparent lack of people skills). However, my last 2 visits - since she has been off on maternity leave - have been a very different experience. Perhaps having a baby has made a difference - or is she reading this site and taking people's comments to heart? Now I have found her warmer, and far more helpful - and in a couple of cases, she has shown more knowledge than Dr Adey (with newer information about a couple of my prescriptions). I'm glad I decided to stay with her and see how she would be over time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][506425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2012

Like the previous poster, I became Dr. Ng's patient after she took over for Dr. Adey. I find every time I go to her for a problem, she usually thinks it's nothing or just brushes it off saying 'it will go away with time'. She also always seems to be a rush, so talking to her about something can be quite hard. From the last time I tried to speak to her about a problem that was hard to talk about, she was already half way out the door. On the upside, the staff there are usually very friendly... Except for that previous time I was there. I needed to book another appt. since I didn't have time to talk to Dr. Ng about that problem before she walked out. I waited by the receptionist who was just typing on the computer for over 5mins. No 'hello' when I said hello, no 'I'll be with you in a minute', just plain ignoring me. Finally frustrated, I left as another patient approached the counter, and guess what? The receptionist looked up and talked with her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2011

My doctor has taken over from Dr. F Adey.. who has retired.. Doctor Ng. does not have much empathy or understanding.. I have been married in an unhappy relationship for 40 years and have just gone through a separation. My young daughter has gotten into drugs... and I feel that to ask for stress leave was like asking for a holiday... and was made to feel lazy.. I also has some other situations where I was made to feel bad... This doctor does not have much human understanding..Maybe she can perscribe the drugs but she does nothing for the spirit.. I am a well liked middle school teacher and I just needed a doctor that I felt comfortable with..and she is not capable...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2010

Dr Ng totally missed a critical life threatening diagnosis on my two year old daughter. She said to wait out the symptoms. As a mom I felt I needed to have answers so went back a couple of weeks later and asked for a referral to a pediatrician. She gave the referral. After my daughter had life saving surgery in Vancouver at Children's Hosp we had to do some follow up with Dr Ng and she had the nerve to tellus that it was a good thing SHE caught the problem! If it wasn't so hard to find a doctor in Victoria I'd be switching immediately. Thankfully my daughter is still followed by our excellent pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506422].votes_count ]]