Rate Dr. Frank J. Costa

Dr. Frank J. Costa's Ratings

RUN!!! He is only out for $$!! He actually got fired form UPMC because of shady business for extra cash. Look up article on post gazette! He will try to sell you vitamins for any ailment. Most importantly, every time a bad rating goes up, his staff puts up an excellent one days later. Haha. What a joke!! Loser

Submitted July 23, 2014 | flag

Yeah, the wait is long sometimes but there is a reason people wait. He is the best. Saved my life after other urologists had misdiagnosed me. Thank you doc!

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

This guy is a business man NOT a dr. He could've cared less about my problems only wanted to sell me on tests he could do in his practice that after researching had nothing to do with my problems. As a matter of fact his staff treated me terrible once they found out I had upmc health insurance because they do not accept that insurance there. So obviously they only cared about making the money. They guy insinuated that my wife and I have an unfaithful marriage when my issue had NOTHING to do with an STD. This guy a charlatan, don't Walk RUN. Find a real doc

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

The wait is sometimes a bit longer than you would like, but Dr Costa is one of the best with great knowledge of his field as well as patient friendly. I recommend to anyone who want to get an accurate evaluation as well as help with aging!

Submitted Jan. 25, 2014 | flag

Total QUACK!!!! My GP advised me to change doctors! Not worth the hours of waiting. Huge staff turnover. Go somewhere else.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2013 | flag

I was there before my appt time but still had to wait over 2 hrs; when I finally saw him, he wanted to give me $1000 worth of tests that I didn't need, and acted like a Nazi about it.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2013 | flag

Great Dr. and Staff . . BUT . . . . I waited 4 HOURS for my appt yesterday. This is an everyday occurrance. I waited 3 hours for my appt 2 months ago. Every single person waited at least 3 hours yesterday in the waiting room. This is completely absurd. Thankfully, people couldn't wait any longer and left so my wait was 4 hours and not more. Never once an apology. Just lots of angry patients. Problem is you have to deal with it because if you reschedule, you'll wait all over again. Dr. Costa is great, but I wouldn't recommend anyone going there unless you bring a tent and picnic supplies.

Submitted April 5, 2013 | flag

very knowledgable in this field, gets results and spends time with patients. seems to care..

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

i WOULD wait 2 hours over the appointed time to see him. And all he would do is prescibe fish oil pills that he Hocks for GNC (just go to their website, he is on it smiiing and holding out the pills) which did NOTHING for me... i finally got fed up and went to the cleveland clinic for my urology problems..and guess what they fixed me up in 2 appointements, as opposed to the 14+ appointments i saw with Costa... AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE

Submitted Sept. 1, 2011 | flag

Dr.Costa has a reputation for being one of the best urologists in the country. Pittsburgh is lucky to have him. I've been a patient for several years, and I am always treated with respect and satisfied with the amount of time he spends with me at visits and with his advice and care. Great doctor.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag