Rate Dr. Frank J. Costa

Dr. Frank J. Costa's Ratings

I was just there today. It was a long wait but it's worth it. Dr Costa cares about his patients. I had kidney stones and was in pain so bad. He immediately scheduled me for surgery and made sure I had medication to help manage the pain. There will always be people that criticize doctors but don't let a couple bad reviews push you away. He really is the best. Make an appointment with him and you will see what I mean. Dr Costa never pushed vitamins on me to treat me. He currently is testing me to see why I'm developing stones so I don't keep getting them. This is an excellent path in treatment. To eliminate me from getting them!!!! So happy with him and his staff. They are the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

RUN!!! He is only out for $$!! He actually got fired form UPMC because of shady business for extra cash. Look up article on post gazette! He will try to sell you vitamins for any ailment. Most importantly, every time a bad rating goes up, his staff puts up an excellent one days later. Haha. What a joke!! Loser

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Yeah, the wait is long sometimes but there is a reason people wait. He is the best. Saved my life after other urologists had misdiagnosed me. Thank you doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2364360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2364359].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 17, 2014

The wait is sometimes a bit longer than you would like, but Dr Costa is one of the best with great knowledge of his field as well as patient friendly. I recommend to anyone who want to get an accurate evaluation as well as help with aging!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506782].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 23, 2013

I was there before my appt time but still had to wait over 2 hrs; when I finally saw him, he wanted to give me $1000 worth of tests that I didn't need, and acted like a Nazi about it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506781].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 21, 2013

Great Dr. and Staff . . BUT . . . . I waited 4 HOURS for my appt yesterday. This is an everyday occurrance. I waited 3 hours for my appt 2 months ago. Every single person waited at least 3 hours yesterday in the waiting room. This is completely absurd. Thankfully, people couldn't wait any longer and left so my wait was 4 hours and not more. Never once an apology. Just lots of angry patients. Problem is you have to deal with it because if you reschedule, you'll wait all over again. Dr. Costa is great, but I wouldn't recommend anyone going there unless you bring a tent and picnic supplies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

very knowledgable in this field, gets results and spends time with patients. seems to care..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

i WOULD wait 2 hours over the appointed time to see him. And all he would do is prescibe fish oil pills that he Hocks for GNC (just go to their website, he is on it smiiing and holding out the pills) which did NOTHING for me... i finally got fed up and went to the cleveland clinic for my urology problems..and guess what they fixed me up in 2 appointements, as opposed to the 14+ appointments i saw with Costa... AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][506778].votes_count ]]