Rate Dr. Gerald I. Hurowitz

Dr. Gerald I. Hurowitz's Ratings

Dr. Hurowitz is an excellent phychopharmacologist/psychiatrist. Frances, his office manager is kind and polite when answering questions, making appointments, and refilling your medication in a timely manner. Dr Horowitz takes the time that is needed to talk with you and I have never felt rushed. He is compassionate, caring and very knowledgable. He does not get offended when you disagree with him and I find that to be excellent. He has a wonderful sense of humor. At times that humor is needed. He is an excellent listener and remembers the next time you see him what was discussed whether it is 2 weeks or 6 months. Dr. H will also give you a break regarding payment if needed. When my husband was out of work he allowed me to pay him after I got the check back from my insurance company. He has call in hours as well if you need him (he does not charge for a 5 minute conversation). He is dedicated to a fault. I travel from NJ to see him & he's worth every penny.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2012 | flag

On a personal level, Dr. Hurowitz can be considered an acquired taste; his flippant, sardonic wit may be off-putting to those who don't cotton to the odd affect of this round little psychopharmacological wizard. If your main purpose is to receive a spot-on diagnosis, you'll appreciate this expensive fellow. But if you want to be coddled, just beware that although he's embracing you with care, his tentacles can sting a bit. And your pockets will be empty when your time is up.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hurowitz is not your average psychiatrist. He's a psychopharmacologist who's a skilled diagnostician in mood disorders. His personality is uniquely upbeat as he zeroes in on what's your diagnosis. He'll spend infinite time & energy working to get your meds right. He's available for call in. The doctor is a special individual who can make you feel better by just being in his company. Dr. Hurowitz is one of a kind. If you have a mood disorder, you'll be lucky to have him as your doctor.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2011 | flag