Dr. Timothy C. Wirt

Grad. Year: 1974

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Timothy C. Wirt has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5594470

02/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1  Respond
RID: 4775435
05/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Wirt was punctual and helpful at the initial appointment. He scheduled surgery the following day and told us exactly what would happen. The surgery happened as planned and he came out of the operation and told us exactly what he had done and what we should expect. The staff were all helpful. Clearly the team are very experienced. We found Dr Wirt charming and to the point. This suited us fine.  Respond
RID: 3627132

08/12/13 3 1 1 1
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Timothy" to "Timothy C."
RID: 2905213
10/10/13 5 5 1 2 Dr. Wirt was rude, dismissive, and brought me to tears. I have been having lower back pain for 4 months and have seen two doctors and taken a variety of medications. I was finally recommended by my doctor to come to dr wirt and I wasted gas, time, and money to see him. He told me nothing was wrong with me and that I need to work out in order to get better. He kept throwing his hands up like it was hopeless to continue the conversation. I asked him if there was anything else he can do for me other than tell me to work out and he threw his hands up and said what do you want me to do? Shoot up some heroin for you? Are you kidding me? That is the most unprofessional thing anybody has ever said to me in a doctors office! I was in tears halfway through the visit. The nurse had to come in to calm me down after dr wirt just left the room without saying anything else. Worst experience I've EVER had. Would not recommend him at all to anyone.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2744273
01/08/13 1 1 1 1 Have dealt with Dr. Wirt for over 20 yrs. He is arrogant, dismissive, condescending, makes jokes about your pain, tells you you are fine, walks out when your are sitting in the exam room. His final visit was to prescribe medication, it wasn't working and his nurse said take more and if it doesn't work go see your family doctor -- I ended up taking an ambulance to the hospital from a reaction -- emergency room and CT scans and blew out my 7500.00 deductable. He is oblivious and has no idea how he affects people because he's just arrogant and burned out. AWEFUL
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2629801
28/04/13 5 5 5 5 in 2012 my right arm was experiencing pain, numbness and this radiated down to my thumb and forefinger. Soon I began loosing feeling in both thumb and finger. I interviewed with 3 surgeons, 2 Neurosurgeons and 1 spine surgeons. Not getting that warm fuzzy feeling from the first 2, I was referred to Dr. Timothy Wirt in Fort Collins. My life long friend had him perform a laminectomy some years ago and my first impression was "this guy I can trust"!. My surgery was in-and-out, in the hospital less than 2 hours. Immediate relief from pain, numbness and in 2 days had 90% of my feeling back in thumb and finger. I now have 100% relief and couldn't be happier! Then about a year later, I began experiencing leg pain, left side this time, associated with life long L-4 issues (probably brought on from football, hard work and age). I suffered about 14 days, trying to relieve pain with pills and couldn't see myself doing this the rest of my life so again I called Dr. Wirt.
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 2570754

26/02/13 4 1 1 1 Dr. Wirt performed back surgery on my Mom in October 2012 and whatever he did to her that day, she came out in worse condition than before the surgery. He showed up 40 minutes late for surgery that day (she was the first patient on the surgery schedule) and never offered a single apology. He lied to my Mom and told her that an MRI taken 2+ months after the surgery showed that nothing was wrong with her back, but the MRI didn’t lie, he didn't fix the problem. Dr. Wirt is a liar and did nothing more than sweep my Mom under the rug. He told her to go see her regular doctor and start all over, all the while knowing that he messed her up and wasn't man enough to stand up and admit that he screwed her up and offer to fix his mistake. She recently went through a second surgery to fix Dr. Wirt's screw up and she is doing great. If you are facing back surgery, you need to go to Dr. Tim WATT in Rapid City, South Dakota. He is a great doctor. I would never refer anyone to Dr. Wirt.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2480442

22/11/12 5 4 1 1 I had both a CT-Scan and an MRI before my visit to Dr. Wirt. I have an aunt who works in the OR and another who is a nurse. Each knew the condition I had was severe and needed attention ASAP. When I went to see him he walked in and sat down. He asked what was going on, but before I could get to the base of the problem he dismissed me. He barely glanced at the MRI, ignoring the real problem area, and told me I was fine. He ordered a shot for pain and told me I'd heal on my own. I take two Vicodin every 4 hours to help with pain as it is (I've never taken pain killers before). Dr. Wirt then stood up and left the room. I spent maybe 10 minutes in the room with him and he didn't once speak to me, but rather at me. I felt like I drove all that way to waste my time.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1681604
09/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr.Wirt did L5 S1 fusion and laminectomy. This Dr was my third opinion and the best opinion I got. I am 32 married female with 3 kids. The other Drs wanted to do multi L3-S1 fusions.I drove 6 hrs from western Ks to Ft.Collins and do not regret my surgery.Dr.Wirt knew what he was talking about(pars defect).The Dr never did my vitals but why would he, he had my medical records and the surgery center did my vitals when I checked in and did them the whole time I was there (overnight). Had surgery first thing in the AM was up walking around 2pm stayed the night and on the road home by 6AM the next morning. Anytime I have called, the nurse has called me back within a few hours.I would recommend Dr.Wirt to anyone with back pain. Never have I had any problem with them on trying to control the pain. Everyone @ the surgery center,Dr.Wirt and his staff @ his office were kind and very understanding.
RID: 1630225
09/11/11 3 3 1 1 This doctor pretty much just blew me off. Did not discuss any of my options. Only spent a few minutes with me. Got up, ordered a pain shot, and left without so much as a bye. I found him to be arrogant and unprofessionable. For whatever reason, he did not want to deal with me. ??? I could'nt recomend him. I drove a long ways for nothing.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1555440
06/10/11 3 1 1 1 I have neurofibromas on my back and havve lots of pain, dr wirt told me neurofibromas have nothing to do with nf. he gave me a look like im a pill poper and was giveing me a hard time for being a smoker and was asking me how i get smokes if im not working. he did not evan look at my back just looked at the mri's and said thare should be no reason i should be in pain. if you have to see this doctor run like hell.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1382318

08/03/11 2 4 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 921790
24/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wirt comes across as being pretty full of himself but he is a really great neurosurgeon, and really is a caring person. My husband and myself trust him with our lives.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 918812
21/06/09 3 3 1 1 I personally found Dr. Wirt to be arrogant and aloof therefore I did not find him to have a warm or caring bedside manner. In regards to my medical situation and treatment by him, I was disappointed in the thoroughness of his assesment of my medical situation and lack of knowledge base concerning it. I also feel this doctor did not follow up with me appropriately. I personally would not recommend this doctor.  Respond
RID: 867665
22/04/09 5 5 5 5 This Doctor is WONDERFUL!! His staff is professional and very caring. My husband and I trust him with our lives. I would rate him #1!