Rate Dr. Laina E. Crowthers

Dr. Laina E. Crowthers's Ratings

This has to be one of the worst dr. offices that I have EVER dealt with. I moved from another state to RI about 4 years ago. I have had a total of 4 visits in the office for yearly exams and a emergency appointment.
The Dr. I actually saw was Dr. Crowthers and I had no problem with her at all. My first appointment we went in her office and we spoke about my past history and what I was looking for. So the first appointment was great no issues / concerns to report.
Then it comes to year 2…I have my annual exam done and I am told that I will be able to call and check on my results. When I called to check on the results I was told that I needed to call and speak with the dr. directly. Wow this is comforting…they won’t tell me anything!
I make a call out to the dr. and I leave a message with Roberta. 2 days go by and no call back so I called again. Roberta gave an attitude and wanted to know why I wanted to talk to the dr. I explained that I was calling to get my test results. She place me on hold came back and said everything was fine.
3 days after that I got 2 voicemails from the dr. and that it was urgent that I call her back….i called back and had to leave another message that went unreturned for 4 days. I then got a letter in the mail stating that I needed to call the office in regards to my test results and they have not been able to get in contact with me. That’s funny because Roberta told me that I was FINE.
I called again and demanded to stay on hold until the dr. was available. Finally was able to speak with the dr. who told me that she never got any of my messages and that Roberta was incorrect with looking at my files. Thankfully I am not dying and needed just to have some retesting done….but still very unsettling when you were told that you were ok.
Fast forward to needing to go into the drs office for an emergency visit…I was not able to see the dr. that I normally see as she was out of the office (understandable) so I saw another dr. who I am not even sure of his name. This dr. asked me what my issue was and told me that I was over reacting and that my “issue” was normal. I will spare all details!! He didn’t even look at my area of concern, said that I had nothing to freak out about. No meds no nothing…2 weeks later get a bill for $75…for what I am not sure!!
I’ve had enough. I can’t stand the office, I can not stand the staff. If my dr. were in another practice I might think about staying. I want to have a child next year and I would not trust them to take care of me and my unborn child. So I called and told them that I would not be staying with the practice. The woman on the phone demanded to know why…so I told her. I told that her attitude is one of the exact reasons. I told her that there practice needs a lot of work and that I needed to change drs.
My new dr. office asked that I request that they send over my records. So I sent a faxed request…10 days later I received a bill for $19.50 to get my records sent. Ummmmmm really ?!?!?! This is absurd!! I called the office the moment I got the letter and left a message for the billing manager to call me. She called me and gave me an attitude right at the start of the call. Telling me that it is not her rules and that she doesn’t make the rules. She continuously interrupted me and told me I needed to pay it and I can take my issues up with the manager.
Ok I paid it. My bp is not worth it to fight with them anymore.
Yesterday I called as I needed a new script from them as my new appointment is not for 3 weeks. Barbara called me and rudely told me she will call me in a 1 month but that is it. Went to the pharmacy after work last night and you can probably guess…no meds were called in.
I have given them the benefit of the doubt and still nothing has been called into the pharmacy.
I just can’t take the stress and will NEVER go to this group again. Steer Clear of Broadway OB GYN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr. Crowthers is easily the best ob/gyn I have ever had, and I've had several. I was referred to her with a potentially life-threatening problem and was put at ease immediately. She was patient, knowledgeable and listened to all my concerns. She was thorough and gave me the time I needed. I ended up having surgery and all ended well. She was very honest about the possible outcomes, and I felt safe under her care. I highly recommend her. Oh, and she called me with results after hours, too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][509225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Best Dr out there! I have been seeing dr Crowthers since she delivered my son almost 10 years ago. She is very knowledgeable, takes her time, listens and answers all your questions. I have recommended her to several times to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][509224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr Crowthers is the best doctor at broadway i am lucky to have found her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][509223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Best Dr, listens and answers all questions. She calls back even after hours, I couldn't be happier!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][509222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

I absolutely loved this dr! I was new to the practice and found her to be extremely caring and compassionate. Dr Crowthers explains things thoroughly. I definitely would refer her to a friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][509221].votes_count ]]