Dr. M Tarek Orfaly

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 19/04/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. M Tarek Orfaly has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

02/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 2621627
19/04/13 5 5 5 5 I spent 20 years bouncing between ENT specialists, on four continents. I saw "the best there is," time after time. I read about Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT) and hear Dr Orfaly believes in it. Three years later, no more allergies. I never waited more than 5 minutes after my appointment time. He spends just the right amount of time with a patient, that is why he doesn't fall behind. The SLIT therapy ultimately takes you off of prescription and over-the-counter medications, that is why other doctors don't use it or push it. It works, and Dr. Orfaly ended my decades-long search for an ENT.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 2493741
08/12/12 4 4 4 5 Dr. Orfaly is very knowledgeable and he was interested in my concerns! He has an excellent bed side manner and he used diagrams to explain the different parts of ear, nose, and throat and how they work together! He had a very professional demeanor but at the same time authoritative which I expected! ENT is a very specialized field and rightfully so for him to be authoritative. He ordered an environmental allergy exam and imaging of my sinuses! He was genuinely concerned and I even called the answering service in the middle of the night and Dr. Orfaly called me back at 1:15AM in the morning!!!! Now that is something I have never seen with other doctors before. As far as the staff go, they seemed to be working together and were checking in patients. The girl that checked me out was sweet and overall my experience was excellent. Since I saw Dr. Orfaly, my sinuses have improved and I will definitely seen him in the future if need be and recommend friends and family! Dr. Orfaly is great!!!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

03/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) listing (DID: 159647)
RID: 2090563
29/04/12 3 3 1 1 He extracted a salivary gland because of stones, he left behind the stones. 6 months later and many visit to his office, the wound did not heal, I had saliva and the infectous liquid coming out from the wound in my neck, he blamed my body. I went to another Dr. 1 visit and she knew what to do.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1729172
05/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Orfaly is wonderful. I would highly recommend him. He performed sinus surgery in Nov 2011. He and his staff were extremely patient with me, through my nervousness about the surgery and difficult recovery. They even rescheduled the surgery when I requested last minute. They have also been very accommodating of emergency appointments and calling in prescriptions when I was out of town. I'm not sure about the staff turn-over others have mentioned, I almost always see the same 2 techs when I go - and they are great! The PA Joy Roberson is really kind and helpful, too. I can't thank them enough for fixing my sinuses.  Respond
RID: 1635013
15/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Orfaly is an excellent ENT and surgeon. He quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed with with surgery. Easy going, overall good guy.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1333404
11/01/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Orfaly performed a septoplasty and turbinectomy on my sinuses in January 2011. He is professional, conscientious, and articulate - and possesses an excellent bedside manner and strong wit. As this was my first surgery, I was very nervous - and Dr. Orfaly put me at ease. The operation went perfectly - and I have never breathed better in my life. I strongly recommend him to people who are suffering from sinus infections, deviated septums, or allergies. I was also thrilled with the nurses and anesthesiologist (Dr. Luck) at Inova Healthplex Surgery Center. Everyone with whom I had contact was top notch - and I am so grateful for the positive experience during what was a stressful time for me.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 963478
15/08/09 4 5 5 5 He is a wonderful person. The best Dr. Metropolitan ENT has. Caring and listens. Great bedside manner.  Respond
RID: 749750
26/12/08 4 4 3 5 Dr. Orfaly is very skilled at ENT. The office's high turnover is most likely due to the behind the scenes treatment of the staff. If you spend any time there waiting, you can hear and see how unhappy a lot of the staff are. A long term patient, I really like how the doctors treat me,but the same doctors don't seem to treat the staff as professinally.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 680135
06/09/08 4 5 5 5 I think Dr. Orfaly is the best doctor that Metro ENT has. He has always been very caring towards our family and has gone out of his way to help us.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 620877
23/06/08 4 5 3 4 Nice enough guy, but didn't seem interested in my sinus problems.  Respond
RID: 557240
03/04/08 4 3 4 5 Dr. O has a great bedside manner, and he shows authentic concern. Out of all the doctors at the practice, he has the most balanceed personality. The staff does have a high turnover because too many patients are forced through the door than they can handle. The office as a whole would be great if it wasn't so obvious their highest priority was making money.
Paid (or co-pay): $25