Dr. Samuel B. Nisbett

Rate Dr. Samuel B. Nisbett

Dr. Samuel B. Nisbett's Ratings

Submitted Jan. 26, 2012 | flag

I am extremely glad that I found this site:  how ever he already fooled me, he had me come three times, for one visit, I spent in totall including long waiting, and my traveling time a totall of nine (09) hours. He had me come back, the staff knows what is going on......I do assume that staff gets paid bonus, for the corruption he does. Now I know why there is a sign telling the victims Not showing up will cost you money!!!  See https://www.cpsbc.ca/files/pdf/2005-10-26-nisbett.pdf https://www.cpsbc.ca/files/pdf/2004-07-28-nisbett.pdf  so be warned

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

I am not rating this doctos staff I am only concerned with the actions of the doctor. In my case I was refered from an emerg trip to the hospital. The emergency treatment that I got was fine but during the follow up visits I seemed to aquire other conditions. The first needed surgery according to the doctor. I did schedule and cancel twice as I was unsure from reading I had done. Then I went back for a follow up and was told I no longer needed the surgery. The next follow up I did have another condition that needed treatment with meds. The next follow up visit I was told to stop taking the meds for the second condition but I now had a third dondition that required laser surgery. I did book the surgery but canceled it and went to my family doctor and got a referal to soneone else for a second opinion. The second opinion without previous knowledge of exactly what had gone before is that I have no conditions and my eyes are healthy. BE CAREFUL AND DO YOUR RESEARCH AS OTHERS HAVE POSTED.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2011 | flag

I went to see Dr. S.B. Nisbett and this is what I found. He is EXTREMELY rude to his staff, rushes when seeing his patients (seems more preoccupied with other things), tells his staff to explain use of medication, not to mention gets his staff to write down my prescription. His staff don't look comfortable doing that as well. He's also constantly paging his staff members to see him if they forgot to write something, and it's not kind about it either, etc. I STRONGLY recommend that you file a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. I HAVE!! Also inform yourself and loved ones. Read the following links about him. https://www.cpsbc.ca/files/pdf/2005-10-26-nisbett.pdf and also https://www.cpsbc.ca/files/pdf/2004-07-28-nisbett.pdf Do you really want someone like that examining your eyes? One has to wonder if Family Doctors really know what this guy is like? Maybe if they did, they would stop sending their patients over to see him.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nisbett is always caring about his patients... I dont know any other dr. that would give their patient his cell number and tell them to phone at any time needed even if its 3:00 am. His staff is always smiling and welcoming!

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

I find Dr.Nesbit, cheerful, helpful, knowledgeable and very humorous. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation as my own physician set me there.

Submitted May 11, 2011 | flag

Dr.Nisbett is wonderful. I am newly blind and he put my mind at rest as he has taught me how to cope. He continues to drop in to see me and make sure i am doing okay. He is a wonderful man and a wonderful doctor. If I had vision problems I would definately go to him as he does explain things so you understand them. He does not pretend to be something that he is not. His staff loves him and sure they work hard for their money but they also have a good time working there. I believe the most time I have ever waited is 1/2 hour but usually it is only 10 minutes or so. Trick is to book early in the morning. The same goes for any other doctor because of poor pay they have to overbook to allow for noshows and to make enough each hour to cover their overhead, insurance and all their other bills let alone take home pay. I hear so many people gripe about how much a doctor gets paid I am sure that they would be shocked to find out a labourer makes more than your doctor

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

I've been going to see Dr. Nisbett for 10 years or so and have always had wonderful service. Dr. Nisbett has a wonderful personality/people skills and he always carefully explains anything I'm unsure about, as do his staff. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr. Nisbett performed unnecessary surgery on my father's eyes and botched it badly. He tried to do a repair afterwards but it was no help. After getting a referral to a doctor at the Eye Care Centre in Vancouver, a doctor there repaired the damage. Stay away from this doctor! I am thinking of suing for malpractice.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2010 | flag

WARNING DO NOT GO TO THIS OPHTHAMOLIST.He treated me for the wrong eye infection. He claimed i had Herpes in my right eye when i really had acanthamoeba. Not treating my eye infection properly led me to further complications. The infection spread all over my cornea and i was forced to do surgery with A DIFFERENT ophthamologist. Due to my graft being rejected, i have minimum vision in my right eye and can only make out objects but cannot read anything at all due to the blurriness.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2010 | flag