Rate Dr. Vicken Sahakian

Dr. Vicken Sahakian's Ratings

I went to Dr. Sahakian in 2010 to help me have a baby after 5 years of trying. He diagnosed me with PCOS and since I had already tried alternative treatments with no success we immediately went to IVF. The entire process was stressful for me but Dr. Sahakian was great. Anytime I had questions or worries, I could contact him easily and he would comfort me. We only had 2 good eggs and only one stuck. We had a 50/50 chance the entire first 3 months due to slow progress but my baby fought hard and today he is a healthy, very active 2.5 year old boy. Thanks to Dr. Sahakian I was able to have a wonderful little boy and I will be forever thankful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I saw Dr. Sahakian for about three months in the summer of 2012 and unfortunately, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. In brief, what happend was that during my last visit there he basically told me, that I will not be able to have kids by myself and should better start looking for a surrogate. No alternative treatments, no second look. Besides that, every time I came in, he couldn't remember my condition or what we talked about before (once, that almost lead to a + $3,000 purchase at the pharmacy). I was devastated but not quite ready to accept this diagnose so I went on to see another specialist. I'm glad I did. I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant -without surrogat, less than a year later. All it needed was someone who took a closer look at what was going on with my body. Dr. Sahakian might be a good doctor for certain conditions and needs but certainly not for mine. Looking back, it feels like a huge rip-off/money-making thing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Dr. Sahakian is the most attentive and caring doctor I have ever met. I have been through several doctors before. I met him, and once I walked in, he simplified my diagnosis and gave me peace and calm. I could not be happier to know that I am in the best hands possible. The office staff, nurses and Dr. S. are great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

Dr Sahakian was my IFV doctor when I was a surrogate mother from 2008-2011. I can't even count the times I went to see him during those 3 years. I felt very lucky and blessed to work with such a knowledgeable and nice doctor. He always put myself first and gave the best medical advice to help me during the two successful pregnancies I carried. I also had a misscarriage and was very pleased with how attentive and caring Dr Sahakian and his staff were. I honestly only have one complaint and it's that the parking garage they are attached to cost to much so I always parked a few blocks away, other than that I cannot recommend Dr Sahakian more!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2012

I loved working with Dr. Sahakian. He was very kind and sweet, and after three unsuccessful transfers, gave the intended parents extra time to pay him for his work with the egg donor and transfer. He was my doctor through two surrogacies and I grew to be fond of him and his knowledge and sweet demeanor. I hope that he continues to make people's baby dreams come true!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

Dr. Sahakian made me feel like n important part of the process – always caring and respectful. I could always count on the nurses to help me with any concerns I had. The front desk staff if always wonderful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Sahakian is a great and very professional doctor. From the first time you see him , you can feel that you got in to the right place and you can trust him, and that feeling stays till the end. The stuff is also very helpful and caring. I know how hard is to go through IVF procedure, but this is the best place for that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2009

Dr. Sahakian is one of the best in the fertility field. I travelled cross-country to be his IVF patient, after meeting with several doctors closer to my house. No comparison. He is incredibly skilled, confident, precise, ethical and masterful in his science. He will be completely honest about your prognosis and will help set you on a treatment course that makes sense. He understands the delicate balance between being realistic and being optimistic. This is incredibly important for any couple going through the frustrating experience of infertility. Also, his team and support staff are highly competent, organized and skilled. That makes a huge difference when you have to be in touch with them so frequently during the process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

I'm a gestational surrogate. I've been through 4 surrogacies and Dr. Sahakian has been my RE for all of them. I've gotten pregnant on the first try all 4 times. Dr. Sahakian is an amazing doctor and an incredible person. He has always been there to answer my questions, even when I was no longer under his care. He has really gone out of his way for me. He's great. My intended parents have all been similarly impressed with him (my most recent couple had worked with another RE and when we matched I insisted that I would only work with Dr. S. They were a bit off-put, but agreed and now exclaim how glad they are they made the decision to do so. They had no problems with their previous RE, but say that Dr. Sahakian is 10 times better.).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2008

We used him for IVF and he was nice until we paid and had trouble with our cycle, then he had very little to say. Told us we would not be able to have additional children (we had 2 more with another md). His bedside manner went from nice to horrible...I had a miscarriage and he was not the least bit compasionate!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511319].votes_count ]]