Dr. Vincenzo Castellano

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Vincenzo Castellano has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2905159
10/10/13 1 3 4 4 STAFF IS THE RUDEST. SO UNPROFESSIONAL. WAITED FOR AUTHORIZATIONS THAT WEREN'T NEEDED. OFFICE MANAGER YELLS AT PATIENTS. HEARD HER YELLING AT A PATIENT ON ONE OF MY VISITS. THEN SHE DID IT TO ME ON THE PHONE.I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO SUCH A RUDE DR. OFFICE BEFORE. THE DOCTOR IS NICE BUT NOT WORTH DEALING WITH HIS STAFF.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2817960
27/08/13 5 5 5 5 Excellent! Excellent location! Excellent onsite massage and physical therapy!  Respond
RID: 1809865
27/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Castellano was great and the staff was great they went above and beyond with my patient care! I would recommend this Dr. to all my friends!  Respond
RID: 1727292
02/03/12 1 4 5 5 Great doctor. Very very helpful and knowledgeable. Took more time than most others would in explaining my test results to me. Great understanding of my issue and clearly layed out a treatment plan for me. Really felt like I was in good hands with him. However, office staff was very very bad. Took 3 weeks to clear me for a procedure with my insurance when they told me it would only be a few days. Sitting around waiting for the phone to ring and when i called them they were very rude. Overall its worth wading through the office staff to get to Dr. Castallano.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1575180
31/10/11 1 2 5 5 Dr Castellano is very knowledgeable and seems compassionate. He explains everything and goes over the diagnosis and possible treatment options. In my opinion certain members of his staff are rude, with poor patient skills as well as problem solving. The ones who are rude and downright incompetent and have no place in a medical setting. I come from a medical background and if he heard the way certain members of his staff talk to his patients he would probably agree. Most other offices are far more advanced in their patient care coordination. If I could easily find another competent doctor I would leave his practice based upon the lousey attitude of his staff who seem unable to handle the pace the pressure and patients who are at their mercy
RID: 1098903
05/02/10 5 5 5 5 I had back and leg pain for 7 months. Called Dr. C's office for appt. Was told next available appt was in 3 months. Said forget Dr. C, I'm going elsewhere. Got seen by another NYC orthopedist within the week. Complete waste of time. I was told to do Pt for months. It didn't work. Then told I needed surgery. Called back Dr. C's office and waited to see him. Nice guy. He went over all my mri pictures and came up with a plan. Had one steroid injection and Pt with better therapist. It's now been 18 months without pain. Thanks Dr. C! You're the best.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 790847
15/02/09 4 5 5 5 saw him for knee and back pain. really nice guy who knowse his stuff. broke things down systematically so I'd understand the problems. but I had to wait 2 months for an appointment. I listened to advise and now I am doing A LOT BETTER. pains have gone away. very pleased. great office location near Barneys. staff was OK.
RID: 762266
12/01/09 5 4 5 5 Extraordinarily nice, very knowledgable, saved me from back surgery, it's nice to know that doctors like Dr. Castellano still exist.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 714360
02/11/08 3 3 2 3 Was unable to help with spinal disc herniations beyond the basic stuff you can find online. He is friendly yet you feel rushed during your office visit. If you need routine care I would go see him but for anything complicated try to look elsewhere.
RID: 672486
23/08/08 5 5 5 5 Took the time to explain why I had back pain and how to fix it.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user