Rate Dr. Vincenzo Castellano

Dr. Vincenzo Castellano's Ratings

The only one you are allowed to speak to when you call this office is an office manager. Thus, anything personal must go through her. She is not nice. The doctor is on a schedule and if your time is up then he will answer the any remaining questions as he is walking towards your next patient. Make sure you have your questions written down ahead of time as you do not want to be stuck calling the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2014

STAFF IS THE RUDEST. SO UNPROFESSIONAL. WAITED FOR AUTHORIZATIONS THAT WEREN'T NEEDED. OFFICE MANAGER YELLS AT PATIENTS. HEARD HER YELLING AT A PATIENT ON ONE OF MY VISITS. THEN SHE DID IT TO ME ON THE PHONE.I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO SUCH A RUDE DR. OFFICE BEFORE. THE DOCTOR IS NICE BUT NOT WORTH DEALING WITH HIS STAFF.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][511340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

Excellent! Excellent location! Excellent onsite massage and physical therapy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

Dr Castellano was great and the staff was great they went above and beyond with my patient care! I would recommend this Dr. to all my friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Great doctor. Very very helpful and knowledgeable. Took more time than most others would in explaining my test results to me. Great understanding of my issue and clearly layed out a treatment plan for me. Really felt like I was in good hands with him. However, office staff was very very bad. Took 3 weeks to clear me for a procedure with my insurance when they told me it would only be a few days. Sitting around waiting for the phone to ring and when i called them they were very rude. Overall its worth wading through the office staff to get to Dr. Castallano.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Dr Castellano is very knowledgeable and seems compassionate. He explains everything and goes over the diagnosis and possible treatment options. In my opinion certain members of his staff are rude, with poor patient skills as well as problem solving. The ones who are rude and downright incompetent and have no place in a medical setting. I come from a medical background and if he heard the way certain members of his staff talk to his patients he would probably agree. Most other offices are far more advanced in their patient care coordination. If I could easily find another competent doctor I would leave his practice based upon the lousey attitude of his staff who seem unable to handle the pace the pressure and patients who are at their mercy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

I had back and leg pain for 7 months. Called Dr. C's office for appt. Was told next available appt was in 3 months. Said forget Dr. C, I'm going elsewhere. Got seen by another NYC orthopedist within the week. Complete waste of time. I was told to do Pt for months. It didn't work. Then told I needed surgery. Called back Dr. C's office and waited to see him. Nice guy. He went over all my mri pictures and came up with a plan. Had one steroid injection and Pt with better therapist. It's now been 18 months without pain. Thanks Dr. C! You're the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2010

saw him for knee and back pain. really nice guy who knowse his stuff. broke things down systematically so I'd understand the problems. but I had to wait 2 months for an appointment. I listened to advise and now I am doing A LOT BETTER. pains have gone away. very pleased. great office location near Barneys. staff was OK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2009

Extraordinarily nice, very knowledgable, saved me from back surgery, it's nice to know that doctors like Dr. Castellano still exist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2009

Was unable to help with spinal disc herniations beyond the basic stuff you can find online. He is friendly yet you feel rushed during your office visit. If you need routine care I would go see him but for anything complicated try to look elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][511332].votes_count ]]