Rate Dr. Allan Akerman

Dr. Allan Akerman's Ratings

Dr. Akerman wasn't my obgyn, but he did deliver my baby via c-section because he was the doctor on call. and boy was i glad he did. he explained everything to me in detail, was very patient, knowledgeable and understanding. Made me feel at ease at a time when i was in panic mode. he checked on me and the baby often and my follow up appts have been great. Needless to say i switched over to him as my regular obgyn. His staff are very friendly and Debbie is amazing. i highly recommend Dr. Akerman

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

El Doctor Akerman, es un excelente profesional, se toma el tiempo necesario para explicar a sus pacientes los procedimientos, sin lugar a duda lo recomiendo como uno de los mejores en su practica...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Dr. Akerman es el mejor! Yo habia tenido un aborto y para mi segundo embarazo investigueeso y decidi ir con el, todo fue maravilloso!!! El es muy atento y siempre esta de buen humor, me gusto que se Toma el tiempo en cada paciente y explica super bien!!!! El dia del parto estuvo muy al pendiente de mi. De hecho yo tuve una infection en los riñones en el seguro trimestre y estuve una semana hospitalizada en St Joseph y el diario estaba al pendiente de mi! Definitivamente lo he hecho mi doctor de cabecera y lo super recomiendo!!! Si staff me gustaba antes yo voy a su oficina en Santa Ana y me gustaba mas el staff de antes que el de ahorita! Todas son muy amables y tanto ellas como eldoctor siempre se acuerdan de ti :)!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Truly a wonderful, gifted doctor. Dr.Akerman and Dr. Anzaldo performed my hysterectomy. Dr, Akerman performed bladder suspension. I could not be happier. My high blood pressure and sugar are normal, now... 'what a bonus'. I have not seen that in years. And I am not taking any beta blockers or pills.. which I was up to 6 pills a day. I will be 44 this year and I feel like I am in my 20s..lol I even bought some three inch heels (shoes)..lol. I thought I was too old to wear them. That flip flops and granny flats were my future. Not anymore..LOL Of course I am scaring the kids (teen)...LOL Both doctors made me feel comfortable. They are both so amazing!!! Thanks for all you do to make life happen and improve others lives!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

I switched to Dr. Akerman in my 3rd trimester after a terrible experience with another OBGYN. I connected with him immediately. He's humorous, fun, intelligent and caring. Dr. Akerman has delivered both my kids and through both experiences (vaginal birth & c-section) he has been wonderful. He is extremely honest and straight forward which is what I love about him. I've never felt rushed because he always spends quality time with me and answers all my questions. Also, his staff (Debbie/nurse practicioner, medical assistants and admins) are amazing. They're all very friendly, warm and caring. On a few occasions I've had to take my kids (2.5 yr old and 2mth old) to my appointments; Dr. Akerman and the staff make them feel so welcome. I can't say enough good things about him and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2012

I saw 3 difference doctors before Dr Akerman and they never explained to me what I have. I believe they didn’t even know what I have. Dr Akerman always takes his time to explain in detail and to answer to all of my questions. Having found Dr Akerman is a blessing. My family and I would always remain thankful to Dr Akerman for his understanding, his bed side manners and yes, for his sense of humor in difficult times. He is the best doctor. I will always recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2012

This was the worst experience I have ever had as a woman! This doctor has no businesss treating women with his crude sarcasm and very unprofessional be side manner. He has a harsh and aggressive personality, and his comments are so out-o-line while your being examined. I was made to feel almost violated! I would never recommend him ever!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

Dr. Akerman will tell it to you straight. He tries to keep situations light and humorous, which I appreciate when I am a little stressed about a situation. I've been going to his office for 4 years now and wouldn't change. If you don't want docs who tell it to you straight, I would advise you go elsewhere. He always takes the time to explain things to me in detail. Yes, he has missed an appt with me and I had to see the Nurse instead, but he was out delivering twins. That's part of his job, and I would hope that if I have an emergency delivery that other patients would be as understanding. He is also very popular in the ER room, last time I went in for a false alarm. That tells you a lot about how dedicated he is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

Dr. Akerman is by far the best OB I have ever encountered. He was always honest and completely blunt about all situations, and this aspect I find very affective. My labor and delivery was amazing, truly. He was there making me laugh and really coaching me on pushing. I will always go back to Dr. Akerman to deliver all of my next children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2010

I really enjoy Dr. Akerman. I agree with some women here that his humour can take some getting used to, but I feel 100% comfortable with him and appreciate his approach to giving birth. Will be having my baby in March 2010 and feel that I will be able to have him the way that I desire without being pressured to do a lot of treatments/proceedures that I disagree with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][514490].votes_count ]]