Rate Dr. Richard Granese

Dr. Richard Granese's Ratings

I don't understand why he became a psychiatrist because he doesn't like helping people, that's for sure! He spends about THREE minutes with you. I was very depressed and he refused to change my medication - he wanted to increase my current medication. He wouldn't even consider changing it! Just an awful experience all around. From the time I park my car to the time I get back into my car, only about eight minutes have passed! He's not even worth the drive. I will never go back to him and I feel sorry for his current patients.

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Granese knows how to take care of patients. He takes time to listen and comes up with treatment immediately. I have been to other doctors who take too much time trying to figure out what is going on and ask pointless questions. I really appreciate all he has done for me. I wouldn't be where I am without him.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Experienced and caring doctor. Dr. Granese runs on time and gives his patients the attention they deserve when they need it most.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

Only a medicine pusher. I saw his PA for the first 25 minutes and then he came in for 5 minutes and wrote a prescription. I had bad side effects and tried to call his office with no return for 2 days and it was his PA not him. DO NOT GO TO HIM!

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

Avoid at all costs. He is one of those MBA doctors, who's only motivation is money. CEO of SoCal Psychiatric Associates. Very rude too, once he finally takes up 1 minute of his time to actually see you. Most of the sessions are done by his nurse and not by him. Back in November he wanted me to try out the extended release of a medication, which requires a pre-authorization. 3 Months later(without meds) and not only did he fax the wrong medication to my insurance, but he tells me in a pissed off voice: "You're going to take what I give you. If you want the extended release you're going to have to pay for it". My insurance would've covered the meds.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2010 | flag