Dr. Steven I. Cohen

Grad. Year: 1968

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Steven I. Cohen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6
RID: 2529134
12/01/13 5 5 5 5 I was referred to dr Steven I. Cohen for breast cancer surgery. Words do not say enough about he as a person and a great surgeon. he is compassionate and listens to you. His staff nurse carol is a wonderful asset to the group. I still see him after 13 years cancer free. I would recommend him strongly.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2352583
11/07/12 5 5 5 5 i was referred to dr. cohen for a melanoma i had. throughout all the testing and two surgeries i went through, he not only was knowledgable and professional, but personable as well. he creates a special bond with his patients and he makes himself available round-the-clock. his staff is wonderful and caring; also always available and return phone calls a.s.a.p. they are extremely organized as far as booking procedures, testing and appointments. they will step out of bounds to make sure your needs are met. i highly recommend dr. cohen to anyone in need of surgery. i am now cancer free and visit his office twice a year.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2295064
26/06/12 5 5 5 5 After learning that I had developed a double inguinal hernia, I needed to figure out when to get it surgically repaired and what surgeon I would have perform the surgery. My physician recommended a surgical group. I called their office and made an appointment with a surgeon whom I never heard of. I then proceeded to check online reviews. While none of the reviews were really bad, they were not completely satisfactory to my particular liking. A family member recommedned Dr Steven I. Cohen to me from East Side Surgical Group. Dr Cohen performed surgery on her husband and they both could not be happier. To make a long story short, I took their advice. What a great decision. Dr. Cohen performed Laproscopic surgery on me to repair my hernia and in a matter of a few days I was a new person. Such professionals he and his Staff Nurse Carol are. They made me feel so comfortable during the entire process. Thank you so much for your kindness and even more for your genuine concern.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven I."
RID: 891056
18/05/09 5 5 5 5 A truly compassionate and skillful physician - a rarity in this day and age! He did a skin graft on my elderly mother for cancer, which healed perfectly. He truly cares about his patients.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 831459
16/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr.Cohen and his staff were very knowledgable and to the point.I was taken care of on time and left the office with confidence of better health.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 664398
12/08/08 5 5 5 5 Breast cancer surgeon for both my mother and myself. Keeps with current research. Truly listens, a phone call away. Staff is amazing! Other doctors always ask who our surgeon is, as results are superb. You will never regret being his patient!  Respond