Dr. Anthony Weinberg

Rate Dr. Anthony Weinberg

Dr. Anthony Weinberg's Ratings

I read all of his reviews prior to going, so I was prepared. my emotional/psychological preparation didn't stop this man from insulting and degrading me, though, unfortunately, and I left the office in tears. my doctor referred me to him, and he was absolutely not helpful (to put it politely). he was somewhat thorough, at least. I went in with a myriad of symptoms (one happening to be sudden increased weight gain despite my usual loads of exercise/good diet which has helped me LOSE in the past) and he basically told me to eat 500 calories a day and exercise more (I run, strength train, circuit train... go to the gym 5-6 times a week and bike everywhere) if I want to lose weight. he didn't listen to a word I said, told me I was very healthy, and ignored my list of symptoms. on the plus side, his nurse was sweet and relatively sane. seriously, retire, weinberg. you're doing more harm than good.

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

I hadn't read any reviews regarding this doctor before I went for my appointment, but I'm glad I read them afterward because I know it wasn't just me. He told me he could "feel" the anxiety coming off me, and told me to take up yoga and do more exercise and I'd be fine. I can hardly get to work because of my condition, and when I told him this, he said blithely that there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to work full time! He didn't look at any of my records while in the room - he just spent the whole time leaning against a wall with crossed arms. He barely asked me any questions except what the words on my t-shirt meant. When he saw I was starting to cry he beat a hasty retreat. He's probably of the old school of doctors who believes that anything they can't explain is all due to anxiety or hysteria. He needs to update his medical knowledge. I would not recommend anyone taking time out of their busy schedules to see this man.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Weinberg seems to be very good in the quick diagnoses, easily diagnosed patients. If he cannot figure it out, he quickly defers to it being the fault of the patient, either psychological or due to their own obesity, sloth or anxiety etc....disgraceful.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

I must say, i was very skeptical coming into his office having read all the nasty comments. And what a utterly surprise, the staff is excellent, the doctor is funny, caring and just plain wonderful. I was in and out in 30 minutes with a diagnosis and a plan to help me get better ! I must recommend that you not take these internet comments to heart as they are misleading ! See him for yourself and decide, instead of making your opinion with these hateful comments...Good luck to all :)

Submitted Oct. 18, 2010 | flag

My 20 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with Upper Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). She does not fit any of the typical stereo-types who would normally develop this disease, so she got dismissed in emergency rooms and doctor's offices on several occasions. People die from DVT due to pulmonary embolism....she finally saw Dr. Weinburg, he ordered the necessary tests that day. He made himself available by phone while the ultrasound was being performed and ordered her directly to the Civic Hospital Emerg. where she finally starting receiving treatment. "Hats Off" to Dr. Weinburg - he may have saved my daughter's life! His office staff is extremely accommodating and pleasant, and are doing their best to schedule her subsequent office visits around a busy university schedule. Thank you Dr. Weinburg!!

Submitted Sept. 1, 2010 | flag

After develloping tremors, and extreme weakness and many other debilitating conditions, I attended Dr. Weinberg with prayers for help. I was told I was fat, and the only thing wrong with my belly (when I complained of abdominal pain) was that there was too much of it! He also told me I exuded stress, anxiety and needed to see a psychologist. When I asked him to palpate my lymph nodes, he poked my arm and said it was just fat! I have since been confirmed as Lyme's disease and Lyme's encephalitis, and am recovering with the aid of many important meds....my vision has since been impaired, and his comments flooded the on line computer system of all the Ottawa Hospital systems, so I was dx with anxiety each time I sought help at the ER with arrythmias, serious neurological problems etc. He wrote to my insurance that I had no symptoms and there was nothing wrong wtih me. He was so wrong and his opinion has jeopardized my LTD health insurance. His behavior borders on malpractice!

Submitted Aug. 31, 2010 | flag

I am a 31 year old female and have had sharp chest pain for over a month. I was referred to Dr. Weinberg by my family doctor. He didn't even look at my chest xray, didn't really ask a lot of questions. He did listen to my heart, and said it was fine. He then said I am just "tired" because I am a monther to a young baby. My "fatigue" is causing the chest pain. Get some rest, was the prescription. The pain has been so severe that it has made me cry on several occasions, and I have had plenty of rest. Horrible doctor - I am now having to seek out other opinions to make sure I am okay.

Submitted July 6, 2010 | flag

completely incompetent... he refused to report adverse-reactions to the drug Propecia. Biggest low-life, I've ever met. They should get rid of him

Submitted July 2, 2010 | flag

I have been followed by Dr. Weinberg for almost 20 years. I have never found him to be arrogant or condescending. He has diagnosed a few medical issues for me and continues to follow me on a regular basis. He answers any questions I have, fully and completely. I think he is a terrific doctor.

Submitted May 15, 2010 | flag

He saved my life..I adore him...I see him every 3 months and he is kind, caring and I have no idea how anyone could have abad exerience..his staff is caring and ever so kind..I feel so lucky that I am his patient..

Submitted April 22, 2010 | flag