Rate Dr. Dennis C. Crawford

Dr. Dennis C. Crawford's Ratings

I had a successful Patella tendon surgery a year ago and I am now scheduled for meniscus surgery in a weeks time with Dr Crawford again. Bedside manners are not going to get me back on the tennis court, but a competent surgeon is . Direct should not be mistaken for rude !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

I can't say anything good about this doctor. His surgery didn't fix the problem, he point blank told me he wouldn't repeat the surgery if needed, and has the worst bedside manner I've ever seen in a doctor. His ego is so large I'm not sure how he gets thru the door. He's attempted to change scheduled appointments on me, both for surgery and for a visit I was supposed to do later this week. I should have listened to my gut instinct after reading the other reviews on this doctor, and found a better surgeon. At this point I wouldn't let him touch my knee for free. Stay away!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I am not sure why my honest and factual review was deleted, but it bothers me. Dr Crawford did two of my shoulder surgeries. The first one was not successful. The second one nearly killed me. Yet when asked for an apology, they plainly refused to admit their guilt. It doesn't even bother me as much that the mistake happened, but it does bother me a lot that no one, I mean no one, listened to a word I said or did a simple assessment. They just chuckled and wheeled me out to the garage. Later that day I would be admitted to another hospital with a life threatening complication. All I can say about this doctor is that he is arrogant. Very likely beyond his knowledge or skill. I will never go back to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

My husband had ACL surgery and miniscus repair by Dr. Crawford over 3 years ago. He did a fabulous job! I'm unfortunately going to have to have knee surgery too and the only dr. I would trust to do my surgery would be Dr. Crawford. He is very knowledgable and competent. Some might take his manner as rude but we found him very likable. He's confident in his work and it shows. My husband has had no problems with his knee since the surgery. We highly recommend him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

I was provided a sincere second opinion that resulted from Dr. Crawford and his team listening to my history and considering my needs. The plan of management, outlined and started on the day of my office visit included considerations to the pain of my injury, a practical approach to rehab and a consideration of how my recovery would influence my daily life and return to my activities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2013

One of the best in his field. He successfully repaired my severed ACL, PCL, LCL, stretched peroneal nerve and broken tibia in one 4 hour surgery. (And a follow up surgery to remove hardware 2 years later). Now, 3 years post-op, I am at 95% of my pre-injury ability. I can understand that some people may not appreciate his no-nonsense attitude. But considering his exceptional ability as an Orthopedic surgeon.. It's WELL worth the minor social discomfort to receive a fully functioning extremity. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

very knowledgable. straightforward and no-nonsense doctor. correctly diagnosed knee injury as ACL/medial meniscus tear before MRI results came back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Completed surgery on my shoulder. Biggest annoyance is getting his attention, but once you do he is very, very good. I think he's a very good surgeon that has a hard time communicating effectively with patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Dr.C walked out on me & left me on the operating table w/o helping me, he said "I asked too many questions.", I was nervous and had never had surgery before...I left on crutches, still needing surgery, and am super frustrated by the abusive, discriminitory way I was treated by Dr.Crawford. He denyed me help, I cannot even believe he can get away with treating another human being this way. I am finding my voice to warn others of him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][517843].votes_count ]]