Rate Dr. Olukayode Fawole

Dr. Olukayode Fawole's Ratings

First: I've avoided finding a new family Doctor for a long time, because I have had bad luck with many GP's not being engaged with their patients. However, I realize that the ER is not an appropriate place to go for chronic conditions or for a check-up so I decided to find a physician accepting patients: I decided to go see Dr. Fawole and I was extremely happy that I did so. Initially I was a little turned off by the office because they told me that despite making an appointment it would be about a two hour wait; thankfully, I was brought in to see Dr. Fawole long before this wait time was up. Dr. Fawole was engaged, he listened to my concerns, and he gave me much relevant advice about my concerns. Additionally, he also ordered many tests and was quick to call back about my results. He is an exceptional Physician and I would bring my whole family to see him. I recommend him to anyone who actually wants a caring Doctor, and doesn't mind a little bit of a wait.

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

He is actually a very knowledgeable doctor, thorough and has a lot of patience for being so busy! Was never a fan of the health care system in Fort Mac, but he may have changed my mind

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

He is a very friendly doctor but very busy as all drs in fort mcmurray are, but you definitely need time if you want to see him. You do have to wait at least an hour to see him and no one ever answers the phone. His Filipino receptionist is ignorant and shouldn't be working at as a receptionist because she doesn't speak good English.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2014 | flag

He's been my doctor for two years now since I've been in Fort McMurray. The front desk staff are very rude and they mess up my appts every time I book on. Just last week I was supposed to be booked with Fawole at 4:40, only to wait for almost three hours to be told that they booked me with anyalabechi and that dr fawole was gone home. When i finally did get to see him 2 weeks later he point blank cut me short and told me that he had other patients to deal with. Like others have mentioned, he doesn't seem to know how to read test results properly. All he kepy saying to me was the he didn't have any answers for me and that my situation was very complex. What ****!!! I am in the process of looking for a new doctor to say the least.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2014 | flag

I'm currently seeing Dr.fawole for prenatal care. I have been going to him for five years and he has become less concerned with his family practice and more concerned with WCB. When going in for a appointment expect long wait times unless you were hurt at work because he will then cater to your needs. He separates his WCB patients from his regular patients and regardless of your appointment time he will see the WCB patients before you even if it means a two hour wait. When trying to book in for a appointment you are better off to go in because you will not get through by phone. If you are sick and it's a emergency go to the hospital or after hours clinic because you will probably not get in and if you do you'll likely have a lesser wait time at the er. He is a nice man but his priorities are no longer with his patients but with money. Unfortunately this is likely due to our shortage of doctors. Hopefully he stops taking new clients or cuts his appointments in half.m

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

Got hurt on the job. Went to emergency told to stay of work for at least a week. Went to this doctor and completely contradicted the doctor in emergency department without reviewing results.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

Staff is not very helpful. Made me feel like more of a distraction from other duties then a client. Waited almost 2 hours to get in to see the doctor. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of choices in Ft. McMurray and this kind of service has become common place.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2013 | flag

He is very conscientious, and listens to your concerns. A doctor that likes his job I think.

Submitted March 17, 2013 | flag

Dr fawole is more thorough then anyalbelechi when it comes to referrals and sending for tests but I don't think he understands how to read the results correctly or how to remedy problems. I'm 25 and had not cycled for a year, from an inconclusive ultrasound and a slightly high testosterone level he determined I could beer get pregnant, however he could bring back my cycle by putting me on birth control... Really?! By the way I am sitting here a year later with my 2 month old. She was a surprise- birth control, and condoms and the whole never being able to get pregnant thing. Without trying we have a sweet little baby.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2013 | flag

Great Dorcot he has been my doctor for 5 years. Yep that old bat at reception is a COW every time and should be canned. However he is awsome and that limit of 2 issues is generally to weed out the one off patients in from out of town who feel the need to diagnoise there imaginary illnesses. He is a great listener and at the age of 45 and much pushing got me to go to regular mamograms (yeah!!)He is a good caring man doing his best to keep up with over population & routine no shows. Your going to wait everywhere why not wait for the best docotor in town~!!!

Submitted March 26, 2012 | flag