Dr. Edward Gyongyossy

Rate Dr. Edward Gyongyossy

Dr. Edward Gyongyossy's Ratings

He's been my family doctor for years and he's great. He's extremely knowledgeable, good listener and very open-minded. He seems to genuinely care about his patients. It is true he does not proactively offer physicals and referrals, but he won't deny you one if you ask for it.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

He is a really good doctor and I certainly would recommend him to others. He does not seem to like kids, however, so I had to look for a paediatrician but aside from that (no one is perfect) Dr. G is very personable and a he is a wealth of knowledge. His approach to medicine is worth mentioning as he remembers details about his patients, he thinks about them when he is at home (or maybe even dreams:) about them. He does make funny comments like my toe being long enough to be transplanted onto my hand - if needed. The man definitely knows how to make people feel comfortable. Did I mention he is cute?

Submitted Dec. 25, 2010 | flag

I've been going to this doctor for over 10 yrs and don't really have anything negative to share. He's not stupid and knows when someone's jerking him around. I'll admit once and a while I yanked his chain, and he knew it, and I also knew he knew it but he just went along with it. He's a decent guy to speak with if you share the same interests like "i" something. To tell you the truth, with todays internet resources..any smart patient will familiarize themselves with meds and treatment and offer a "suggestive" approach, not demanding. His many yrs of med training certainly wasn't for nothing. Forget about goin in and playing armchair doctor. Ask him for his opinion and value it. He is very factual and poignent once he opens up. The guy is a wealth of information in many different specialties. Remember, he can spot a bull****ter a mile away. Trust me I know. Dr. G keep up the great work. And don't use high F-stops!

Submitted July 24, 2010 | flag

I have been to this Dr. for over 20 years He has never ordered me a physical until I requested one. He quickly dismiss's what I say. More interested in his own hobbies. Has told me more than once once question per visit, is quick to write a perscription and get you out of his office. I don't see him taking much notes if any. Problem is it's hard to get a good doctor to take on a new patient.

Submitted May 31, 2010 | flag

Hes a good Doctor, his tarteness could be better but in this Country with our Health care system set up the way it is its designed so that we will have to wait so that the Doctor will be paid less. The government makes major claw backs on our health care practioners so we can't blame them for taking there sweet time with us. So before we complain about them we should ask ourselves a very simple question, if your boss told you that he/she was going to pay you the same even if you gave twice the productivity from what you are giving them presently; how inclined would you be to get a move on for them ???

Submitted May 22, 2010 | flag

Hes a great doctor if you want stuff, (doctors notes, referals to specialists, pain meds etc etc etc...) I just wish he was more punctual. But like the earlier blog I read on here, the fact is in this country there is a doctor shortage and we need them more then they need us and given the alternative of having an american style system where if you had the money you can get the cadillac service you want or if you are without the means to afford any care you are without the service entirly; I'll stick with the system we have now.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2010 | flag

I like him very much. I think if you are a decent patient you will receive the best care from him. He is smart, and will explain to whatever level you can handle. he is very busy but all MD's in this province are taxed and you would be surprised at the restrictions they have upon them as a business. I think his care and diagnosis are both excellent / Consider yourself fortunate if he is your MD.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2010 | flag

If you have anything negative to say about this MD then: 1) have the decency to tell him 2) find another MD In any other field, negative comments like this would be grounds for a slander lawsuit. How about we start a RATE MY PATIENTS site?

Submitted Aug. 6, 2009 | flag

Dr. G has been my doctor for several years. He is very intelligent and knoweledgeable so for that I am pleased to have him. He does seem to dismiss your own opinion at times and it's nearly impossible to get an answer on the phone to book an appointment. I am thinking of switching doctors for that reason alone, long wait times as well.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2009 | flag

I think he is ok as doctors go. One time a while back I stopped seeing him because of the puctuality but the next doctor and the one after that was just as bad so I went back to him. The fact of the matter is is that in Canada, theres going to be wait times almost anywhere you go to see a doctor and most doctors these days dont want to take on new patiets because its easier to just see someone as a walk in so if you have a family doctor its best to keep them and tolerate the wait times. We need them more then they need us so buck up and accept it.

Submitted May 17, 2009 | flag