Rate Dr. Mark W. Roy

Dr. Mark W. Roy's Ratings

Dr. Roy is by far the best doctor I have ever had!!! I have going to Dr. Roy ever since 2007. I've not yet had to have surgery, but I know that when, and if I do, he will tell me and NOT before it is needed. He cares and listens to whatever might be of a concern to me. I have never felt that he was rushed or was too busy to listen to my comments. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone needing spinal care.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr,Roy done spinal fusion on my back 4 years ago ,if it wasnt for him doing such a great job i feel i would be in a wheel chair .I see him every 3 months like i am suppose too ,the staff is wonderful and he is just down to earth and really great .I think he should be at the top of the list on everything .

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Roy performed surgery in May and I was back at work by July. He is very knowledgable and skilled in his field. Dedicated to the well being of his patients and maintains skills in advanced technologies available.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2013 | flag

I am a retired OR Registered Nurse. I've been medically retired due to RA. Dr. Roy operated on me in 2011 preforming a ACSF with bone graft. The following is my opinion from my personal experience as his patient... Dr. Roy is the real deal. A Doctor/Surgeon of the highest degree. He's very smart, very skilled and very compassionate. I've worked with all kinds of Surgeons in my years as a OR Nurse. I wish I could have worked with Dr. Roy. I trust him and his judgement. I feel he has my (the patients) best interest at heart and its not the $$$$. He will not give you the impression that he walks on water or is divine in any way. I have followed him to his new practice in Eden, NC. and will continue with him as long as I can physically get to his office.

Submitted April 7, 2012 | flag

I've been seeing Dr Roy since 2002. I work in the medical field and their is no one that compares to him. He is personable,compassion,just a great human being. And Julia his secretary is also fabulous. Love Love Love him. Would not let anyone but him touch my back. He has called me @ 9:30 pm on a weekday to check on me. As well as calling me on a Saturday morning. He is known for being the first one at the ER. If he is late due to an emergency he apologizes. He remembers things about you and your family. He is just so helpful and would do anything he can for you. He will not just cut on you unless their is no other way. I have recommend to numerous of my friends & others and they all love him. I have never in the 13 years of being in the medical field ever heard a bad thing about him. That's why I now drive a hour to see him. He is that great!!!

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

Great surgeon with a wonderful "bedside" manner!Caring and very easy to converse with. Highly recommend!

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

Fantastic doctor as well a fine person who really cares about his patients.

Submitted May 11, 2010 | flag

Is the finest Doctor and one of the best people I've ever known.

Submitted July 25, 2009 | flag

Dr. Roy performed back surgery on me 13 yrs. ago following an A/A. He continues to see me on a regular basis and is just as compassionate now as then. He is very competent therefore I have referred several friends, along with a number of my clients, to him. I am an RN and tend to ask a number of questions and he is always knowledgeable and willing to answer all my questions. I find him to be very professional and kind both with his patients and his personnel. Although I still have some back pain, I know that I could have been paralyzed so I'm very grateful to be walking. I'm able to work because he has managed my pain.

Submitted March 22, 2007 | flag