Rate Dr. Robert G. Thompson

Dr. Robert G. Thompson's Ratings

I saw Dr. at Rockyview Hospital emergency on July 5, 2014 and he told me to call his office on Monday as I should see him due to my issue. I am still having the same issue but no one in his office had returned my calls and it is almost 3 weeks now. Very poor staff. I do need to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

At first I was concerned about finding dr Thompson moved to clinic in the northeast. However it is so worth the drive. His new assistant is wonderful. Always smiling. I find the whole atmosphere so great. You can get an appt much quicker now and you can always get a return appt. great move doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2014

I will admit forthright that a portion of this review can be shared with my general practitioner as well. After returning from South America, my intestinal system ceased to function normally and was causing me a great deal of physical, and eventually, emotional pain. Bleeding, slashing pains, stabbing pains, dull aches etc... Not to mention the sudden onset of lethargy, and the pessimism and stress that accompanied. The bleeding apparently sets off a red flag for my GP though, so I got a referral to Dr. Thompson. His demeanour was quite calm and professional. He was extremely articulate and descriptive in explaining his thoughts in regards to my stomach gastro-dilemma. He scheduled a sigmoidoscopy within the week. I did the test, we had a follow up to discuss the findings of the biopsy. After all that. He told me I had IBS and that I would "probably grow out of it." That was 5 years ago. Still in chronic pain, still fight every day to assist my bowels and such. No more tests... :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Wonderful physician with tremendous support staff & facilities. Punctual, knowledgeable and explained to the patient (that was me) after the procedure as to his analysis & opinion. Highly recommended. I wish we had more physicians like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

I could not ask for more in a physician. A long time to get an appointment, yes,but if is serious,he fits you in. Knowlegeable, caring and pleasant. Patient for approx 5 yrs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2010

Dr. Thompson is a great Doctor. He has always taken all of my needs into considertion and explored and explained all options to me. I always feel comfortable with him. He also takes time to get to know you on a more personal level. If you are really sick he is good at fitting you in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2009

Dr. Thompson is a caring individual with a good sense of humour. He is the kind of person who makes a difference and the kind of doctor his patients appreciate. Professional, caring, sense of humour....what esle is there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

His knowledge is excellent but the wait to get an appointment can be months and months. Once you get an appointment you are usually the only person in the waiting room and get in immediately. Can't understand over a year to get an appointment in the first place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Excellent doctor for followup! Will call you back if you have a problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254828].votes_count ]]