You may also like

Rate Dr. Christopher Osinga

Dr. Christopher Osinga's Ratings

I saw him in August 2013 with a knee inury, was told everything that was wrong with my knee which was good. When he sent me on my way to wait for my surgery date he left me with no medication to relieve the pain. But then after waiting until April 2014 I received a knee reconstruction surgery. During surgery he was supposed to take out a half of each meniscus leaving me with only a half of each, but instead he only took one half out, claiming it wasn't as bad... After less then 6weeks after surgery my ACL replacement was loose again and he sent me away claiming it was nothing then asked me to resee him in 10weeks, when I did go back after 10weeks he then said its loose again - the surgery wasn't a sucess, like myself and my physio didn't already tell him that weeks ago. He also claimed I was the 3rd person hed failed on. My knee since is still not any better, its the same as when I started, popping out and causing me pain. Now he's sent me to Toronto with a new doctor having to get 2 more surgeries to fix my knee because he didn't correct the orginal problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Truly an amazing doctor! I had issues with my leg that many others could not diagnose. After a scan I was sent to a fracture clinic where he treated me. One look and he knew exactly what it was and to prove it he pinpointed exactly where the pain stemmed from. A point that many others dismissed and simply treated with pain meds and ice. He was able to reduce the pain and direct me to another specialist who was able to treat what really was wrong with me. Where other doctors wanted to cut me open and start replacing joints he saved me a world of hurt and I'm walking again!!!!I highly recommend him and he is the best doc around...wish he was a GP

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2013

unfortunately I can't comment as after waiting 2 1/2 months my referral was retuned to my GP with no explaination just won't see me - not to nice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254910].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

Awesome doctor. Has treated and operated on a few of my family members. Very knowledgable. Gave us lots of information to be make a decision on the appropriate care. Secretary, Sheri was great and took the time to return our calls and get us any other information from the doctor we asked for. I would recommend him to everyone. Did a great job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I broke my leg - Tibia (spiral fracture) and Fibula a couple of years ago rollerblading. I have never broken any bones nor have I ever had to have surgery in the past. I was extremely terrified in the Emergency Room when he told me that I needed to have surgery immediately. Surgery is not pleasant by any means but it was nice to see that he left very little scars, came to see me afterwards and always wanted follow-up appointments to see how things were progressing. Just last week Dr. Osinga performed my second surgery to remove all of the hardware from my leg and it also went well. I like the fact that he is always willing to see you if you have any concerns. He is very knowledgeable which makes me thankful that he was the one on-call when I had my accident that afternoon. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2013

I saw Osinga last February when I hurt my ankle. I had a cast on and he promptly took it off, after barley looking at my X-ray's, CT Scan as well as a bone scan and told me it was a sprain and that I should get back to playing volleyball. He barely made eye contact and was very quick to say nothing was wrong. Luckily my family doctor made an appointment for me with Dr. J Smith another orthopedic surgeon. I saw Osinga and Dr.Gharsaa (also in Oshawa) and I was told by them both I was fine. Once I met with Dr. Smith (in Toronto) he saw all the same things as Osinga I was in for surgery in FIVE days. I had to have screws put in. Thanks so much to Dr. Osinga for missing that I needed screws in my ankle. In my opinion he should have his license REVOKED.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Saw 5 other doctors that left me feeling unconfident and doubtful of the care & skills. Saw Dr Osinga and after the forst 5 minutes of consultation I was ready to have my knee replacement. He was caring, understanding, actually listen to what I said & asked and gave me answers, extremely knowledgable.He was supportive with all the stages of the procedure (pre, surgery & post) and so was the staff. Thank you for making a difficult sugery go as smoothly as possbile. He's up front, doesn't candy coat, I highly recommend Dr osinga to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1254905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Saint!!!!!!!!! The man is nothing short of a Saint. How incredibly lucky are we who live in Durham Region to have a Saint look upon us? Especially on a Monday, when all of the weekend victim's come in for consultation and treatment. The poor guy! Well, it's tough to be gifted and gifted he is for certain. So have a lot of patience because you will wait forever to see this man, but you most certainly are lucky and in great hands. I think I'll bake him and his staff some cookies. Holly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1254904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr. Osinga did ankle surgery on me this past August, requiring a plate and screws on one side.. and fixing the dislocation on the other side. He has been remarkable with follow up, and certainly informs you on what you need to do to heal properly..Thanks Dr. Osinga..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1254903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

I can't say enough about how much I appreciate Chris. He is knowledgeable and has helped me tremendously. He replaced my right knee this summer and he will be replacing my right shoulder. A big Thank You to him and to his staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1254902].votes_count ]]