Dr. Sunita B. Jayakar

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. Sunita B. Jayakar has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Sunita" to "Sunita B."
RID: 1140718
31/03/10 4 3 4 4 I had an injury at work and was FINALLY allowed to see Dr. Jayakar by Worker's Comp after many months of hassling. Dr. Jayakar has been very helpful and sympathetic towards me. She does have some deeply held opinions about certain alternative therapies that I requested but she did allow me to try to mend using acupuncture and chiropractic and prescribed helpful medications. Her examinations could be more thorough but I had been under my personal doctor's care for many months before seeing Dr. Jayakar. I think that if you are obviously not milking the system (work comp), show interest in physical therapies and not just prescribed drugs and that you really want to get back to your job (even if you aren't able to in the end) that you will be treated fairly and compassionately by Dr. Jayakar. She is no push-over but she refused to send me back to a job that I was obviously not capable of doing any longer (after 28 years in my field).She has her stubborn side but she wants to help.
RID: 1097153
03/02/10 4 5 5 5 Far Above Average. I saw Dr. Jayakar for a neck injury. She is highly intelligent, personable and professional. I have not seen a more knowledgable competent doctor. Trustworthy. Skilled Listener. No-nonsense.
RID: 781298

04/02/09 3 1 1 2 I saw Dr. Jayakar for a work related injury. She was extremely rude, to the point of being obnoxious and confrontational. I was in terrible pain when I saw her. Instead of asking me what was hurting and how she could help me, she instead rebuked me for filing worker's claim. I had to wait for over half an after after the appointment time to see the doctor.