Rate Dr. Paul V. Hyde

Dr. Paul V. Hyde's Ratings

Dr Hyde is an amazing surgeon and practitioner. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and weighing the treatment options - all confusing and terrifying. He helped me sort it out and saved me from making drastic choices I would later regret. Imagine a surgeon sparing you from unnecessary surgery! He is as kind and caring as he is brilliant. He's my hero. If you are lucky enough to have Dr Hyde, you are lucky enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2013

wonderful goes the extra mile for patients, hard to find great skill and kindness both in a surgon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Referred to Dr. Hyde by my Scripps primary physician to assess a cyst removal in the groin area which requires a skillful surgeon.Already had it removed 3 times by OBGYN's.Had all the tests done by urology specialists and surgeons from Stanford.He right away said, You could have mensis & I don't do that kind of surgery.I recommend you go to...she's a urologist but you need an OBGYN.Asked him for an antibiotic as the cyst was inflamed and infected and painful. He said he doesn't write prescriptions for antibiotics or anything else unless he does surgery on you. Very rude, unprofessional, waste of my time and copay-Very upset I'm going to be charged anything for this visit. If he didn't feel confident removing this cyst, he should have just said so. No one has ever seen this cyst in this particular place but there is no forgiveness for insensitive, arrogant dr.s who deal with real people who have serious health issues.The world will be a better place when this guy retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

Dr. Hyde did 2 surgeries on me. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, but a caring compasionate man. Dr. Hyde is the only surgeon I would ever see. I thank my lucky stars for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

Dr. Hyde performed two surgeries on me. He is an excellent surgeon. He is the only one I would go to in San Diego. Caring and does not rush you. Answers questions and makes you feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2011

Excellent doctor and staff. Everybody was very helpfull and reassuring. I would highly recommend them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

This doctor came highly recommended through his peers. He did my mother surgery when she was diagnosed with breast cancer we interviewed 4 different surgeons. He was the best. He did an excellent job with my mother and he was not a **** like other doctors I had met.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2009

Dr. Hyde had to deliver the unfortunate news that I had breast cancer. I could see in his eyes if he could take it away from me he would have. He is an expert in his field and voted top by his peers for several years running. He performed the skin sparing mastectomy. Two crucial points here for a surgeon -- removing the cancer to obtain clear margins while keeping the skin so that the reconstruction doctor has something good to work with is key to the success of this operation. He did both beautifully. He is a dream doctor and I am so glad I have the privilege to be his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2007

Dr. Hyde did my right lobe thyroidectomy, cared for me while I was hospitalized with Pancreatitas and advised me on other medical conditions. He is an excellent doctor and one of my favorites, I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2007

Dr. Hyde performed my thyroidectomy. He was very professional, perfectionistic and yet had a caring manner. I was very pleased with his handling of my care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1255349].votes_count ]]