Dr. James W. Smith

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 15/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 2 reviews. Dr. James W. Smith has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1

15/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "NEW ORLEANS" to "Jefferson"

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "James" to "James W."
RID: 1142323
03/04/10 5 5 5 5 My daughter has Crohns Disease and we were referred to Dr. Smith by our local gastro dr. She ended up having surgery because nothing worked to get her well. He referred us to an excellent surgeon in N.O. and we absolutley loved both drs. We never have to wait when we go in to see Dr. Smith and this is very important to me since we have and 2 and 1/2 hour drive. I absolutely love this doctor!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond
RID: 652311
31/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Smith is the best GI I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He shows a genuine interest in my well-being. He never rushes our appointments, allowing me the opportunity to discuss my current condition with him at length. He is open to my suggestions on how to proceed with my treatment. We usually discuss the latest research on how to treat my stubborn case of Crohn's. He never hesitates in referring me to specialists as needed. His RN does a good job of communicating with me and works diligently to get me an appointment on short notice if I am experiencing a flare-up. Dr. Smith is someone I completely trust when it comes to my course of treatment in my ongoing battle with Crohn's Disease.
Insurance: Humana