Rate Dr. Peter Laansoo

Dr. Peter Laansoo's Ratings

I was actually referred to Dr Laansoo by my ophthalmologist and am now bringing my entire family to this clinic. What impressed me was the thoroughness, he has every machine for every part of the eye and takes just absolutely amazing records. I know exactly what stage my glaucoma is at and never feel like I'm being managed by "by my opinion" (if you know what I mean). I love that Doctor Laansoo makes me a part of my own care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

This physician missed my parent's glaucoma even though he had done peripheral field tests and examined them with clear reports of visual changes. A second opinion from another place revealed the issue. Vision had been lost in the interim. I was more than disappointed and could not recommend the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I have no real complaints about the staff, except that they way they run their buisness is a little shady. I have been going to him since he was a brand new optometrist and have paid on par to what i would pay in other clinics (around $85) at my last appt. they asked me if i wanted some special test done...BUT, neglected to inform me that it would cost an extra $50!!! I was shocked when i paid my bill and when i questioned why it was so much, they said it was because the machine was expensive and it was to cover the cost. WHAT!! They were so dismissive and really didn't care that i felt taken advantage of. AND, now i am even more annoyed that I have to change doctors!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][523316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

He's hard to get an appointment with but worth the wait. My mother has been told she has uncurable dry eyes as long as I can remember. Dr Laansoo didn't "pass the Buck" instead he started found a prescription treatment which worked. My Mom is doing great! I just wish we'd started with Doctor Laansoo sooner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][523315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2011

I had to write in here to thank for the experience at the clinic. I had had a bad experience at Lenscrafter's and my friend Cindy advised us to go to Dr. Laansoo. He and his staff Shamy helped my daughter Candace select her glasses, her knowlege and advice was great, and the selections of frames was quite extensive. We received exactly what we ordered in the time frame quoted to us. We most certainly will be returning for our future needs at Southgate Vision Care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][523314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

I and my family have seen Dr. Laansoo for years. He is very thorough and careful and works out of a modern office with modern equipment. I have recommended him many times and continue to do so!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][523313].votes_count ]]