Rate Dr. Matthew W. Marchal

Dr. Matthew W. Marchal's Ratings

My son saw him for the first time recently. I was impressed by his professionalism and his ability to make a teenager comfortable. I highly recommend him!!!!

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Marchal is excellent. He is professional, compassionate and provides incredible patient care.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Marchal was the most caring, kind, knowledgeable doctor our family has ever had. He was our doctor for almost 20 years! The day he told us he was moving to GA we were devastated. Over the years he was in the Richmond area we referred many friends and co-workers to him and I would always describe him this way, " he's a friend that just happens to be a doctor." I will never forget him ever so gently putting my daughters sock back on her broken ankle, the entire time explaining to us what he thought we should do. It sounds like a little thing, but the gentleness and caring he showed that day will not be forgotten. He's a real treasure and I consider myself lucky to have had him as long as we did. He is sadly missed.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

Best doctor I've ever had. I really hate that he moved to Georgia, but the people there will be lucky to have such an amazing, personable doctor. Hopefully, in Georgia, he has a better staff than he did in Virginia. The Virginia staff was rude and unprofessional. But, I was able to overlook that because Dr. Marchal was so awesome.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

Its sad that Dr Marchal left the Richmond, Virginia area as I was just establishing a good raport with him. He understood the athletic mindset and always asked great questions regarding symptoms, habits, etc. Never did I feel rushed when meeting Dr. Marchal during my annual physicals. He took the time to explain my blood work and was patient with my questions. Additionally, he used peer research to explain the effects of certain supplements and or medications. I highly reccomend him.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Marchal was my doctor for 4 years & I traveled 25 minutes to see him ~2 times per year. He is nice & smart & I doubt my uncomplicated healthcare has ever challenged him. Consequently, I can only rate him as an average doctor. Unfortunately, I have always had to wait (up to an hour) in the office/treatment room. The last time I had contact with his office was when I called from the road, 9 minutes into my appointment time to tell them I had been delayed by fog and traffic. I could literally see the office and was minutes away. I was promptly told that I would have to reschedule my appointment. While I take responsibility for being late, I would have appreciated being treated like an individual. This is a central to good business and medicine. I understand that the practice changed some partnerships lately, so that may have influenced the "service". Avg doctor, inconvenient, poor customer service = fired. If you value these qualities in your physician, proceed with caution here.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Dr Marchal is a average doctor. Our family has seen him for years. He has a small practice, easy in and out. His staff is very rude. When you have a question over phone, it's almost impossible to get through to him by way of the nurses. It was difficult to get an appointment with him. The front receptionist are unfriendly also. You would think for a small practice you would get some of the "small town" feel. Not so. We switched doctors recently. Our new doctor is has a huge following! Our new doctor called me with lab results PERSONALLY at 7pm Thanksgiving Eve. The personal care and time made a huge difference!

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Marchal has been my doc for over 5 years. I'd recommend him to everyone! He's very thoughtful and really seems to care about his patients! He takes time to listen and I never feel rushed.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2012 | flag

Was my GP for a decade. Having lived in 2 states since, I'd seriously commute if I could! You might have a little wait but only bc he takes the time to sit & listen with patients. Values your input & makes u feel included in your options. He went above & beyond a few times, & more than once made a significant impact in my life. He's a keeper with a sense of humor to add (:

Submitted July 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Marchal is AMAZING!! My whole family goes to him for medical care. He is patient and understanding. He really takes the time to listen to how you feel. He doesn't just throw a prescription at you and herd you out the door. My family and myself are very thankful that he chose this area in which to practice.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag