Rate Dr. Emily Sheets

Dr. Emily Sheets's Ratings

My family has utilized Dr. Sheets for educational testing and evaluation on multiple occasions dating back to 2002 and as recently as November of 2014. Like many families we present a variety of gifted and ESE circumstances. It is difficult to express the care and professionalism with which Dr. Sheets has consistently shown us throughout the twelve years that we have utilized her services. Over the years we have referred friends and professional colleagues to Dr. Sheets with the confidence that they would be taken care of as well as we have been. We have only received positive feedback from these referrals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

This is the only real review. Dr Emily Sheets planted all the other reviews faking different names to fool people and take their money for minimal assistance. She will not care about your case at all because according to what I've heard from her while she was in the backroom before my appointment she "Doesn't care about the patients well being" because "It's just another job" Her tactics for dealing with traumatic events are to bring back up every single detail and keep poking at you so that you have to keep coming back because you'll be unstable. She is terrible for any child going through a series of depression or anxiety. I Cant believe someone like her even got out of school. Noticing a pattern? It's all about the money before anything else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2620951].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

We came to Dr. Emily and staff with a very complex series of issues, and I can honestly say I amazed at how things have turned around in such a short amount of time. I have never met a group of people that genuinely care as much as them. They all go above and beyond to be helpful in any situation. We have been in many situations where we needed to adjust appointments to suit our needs, or the particular crisis we may be facing that day, and they are extremely accommodating and make every effort to adjust their busy schedules to make sure we are seen at that time. We highly recommend Dr. Emily and the entire practice to anyone in need. We are so grateful to have found them!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Emily is amazing- I worked with Jackie who is amazing as well- they go way out of their way to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2365817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I wish that I could leave as positive a review; I cannot. The first thing out of Marilyn's mouth was "Dr. Sheets charges $165. an hour and we don't take insurance!" My experience with Dr. Sheets assistant and with Dr. Sheets was abysmal. Her website clearly states that she is accepting new patients, but she is not. However, I was told that she MIGHT see my child- if I explained what was "wrong." So, after spilling my guts to a secretary and explaining that we are in crisis, hours later I was told that Emily is just too busy to see my child- as evidenced by the fact, according to her secretary, that some days "she does not have time to go to the bathroom." Either you are taking new patients or you are not - either you care about a child in crisis or you do not - either you are interested in a $165 an hour fee and cases that intrigue you - or you are interested in helping a struggling child. I know where Emily Sheets stands...and I will never recommend her again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2365816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Absolutely the best child psychologist around! Dr. Sheets goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure each and every child is well - mentally. Her demeanor is right on for kids and she communicates well with parents too. Awesome find!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][524892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Dr. Sheets is not only knowledgeable and effective, she is just simply a wonderful human being. She REALLY cares and puts her heart and soul into her work. She isn't all about the money in any way, shape or form. I highly recommend her. My son was tested for learning disabilities through Dr. Sheets years ago, and I have continually gone to her with academic issues as they have arisen throughout the years. Dr. Sheets remembers everything--kind of amazing!--and she is always eager to help. She goes out of her way to get back to me promptly. Can't say enough good things about her! Deb Macchi

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][524891].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 1, 2012

She is very caring, informative and patient with the child and parents.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][524890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2012

Emily is not only compassionate but highly skilled in addressing the needs of children in crisis. Her former experience as an elementary teacher gives her incredible insight. Her professionalism and integrity are above reproach. We are blessed to have someone her in this area!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][524889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2011

I have known Dr. Sheets for many years and she worked very closely with my daughter, now 24, who has been a complicated and difficult case. Emily's love and compassion, her understanding, and her endless strategies helped far more than even she knows. I would highly recommend her to anyone who has a hurting child or a suffering family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][524888].votes_count ]]