Rate Dr. Emily Sheets

Dr. Emily Sheets's Ratings

We came to Dr. Emily and staff with a very complex series of issues, and I can honestly say I amazed at how things have turned around in such a short amount of time. I have never met a group of people that genuinely care as much as them. They all go above and beyond to be helpful in any situation. We have been in many situations where we needed to adjust appointments to suit our needs, or the particular crisis we may be facing that day, and they are extremely accommodating and make every effort to adjust their busy schedules to make sure we are seen at that time. We highly recommend Dr. Emily and the entire practice to anyone in need. We are so grateful to have found them!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

Our family has known Emily for more than eight years. Our daughter has been plagued by depression, and Emily's skill, sensitivity, & professionalism have helped us through many crises. She has worked some real miracles, and is unfailingly encouraging, positive, empathetic, and just plain a joy to work with. We had worked with a psychologist before finding Emily, and although the woman was very kind and professional, she just didn't click with our daughter the way Emily did. Because she is so good and well respected in the community, I understand that her plate is usually full, which is why she made the decision to expand her practice by hiring other therapists and an office manager. We continue to be so grateful that she came into our lives.

Submitted July 19, 2014 | flag

Emily is amazing- I worked with Jackie who is amazing as well- they go way out of their way to help.

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

I wish that I could leave as positive a review; I cannot. The first thing out of Marilyn's mouth was "Dr. Sheets charges $165. an hour and we don't take insurance!" My experience with Dr. Sheets assistant and with Dr. Sheets was abysmal. Her website clearly states that she is accepting new patients, but she is not. However, I was told that she MIGHT see my child- if I explained what was "wrong." So, after spilling my guts to a secretary and explaining that we are in crisis, hours later I was told that Emily is just too busy to see my child- as evidenced by the fact, according to her secretary, that some days "she does not have time to go to the bathroom." Either you are taking new patients or you are not - either you care about a child in crisis or you do not - either you are interested in a $165 an hour fee and cases that intrigue you - or you are interested in helping a struggling child. I know where Emily Sheets stands...and I will never recommend her again.

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

Absolutely the best child psychologist around! Dr. Sheets goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure each and every child is well - mentally. Her demeanor is right on for kids and she communicates well with parents too. Awesome find!!

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sheets is not only knowledgeable and effective, she is just simply a wonderful human being. She REALLY cares and puts her heart and soul into her work. She isn't all about the money in any way, shape or form. I highly recommend her. My son was tested for learning disabilities through Dr. Sheets years ago, and I have continually gone to her with academic issues as they have arisen throughout the years. Dr. Sheets remembers everything--kind of amazing!--and she is always eager to help. She goes out of her way to get back to me promptly. Can't say enough good things about her! Deb Macchi

Submitted Dec. 1, 2012 | flag

She is very caring, informative and patient with the child and parents.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2012 | flag

Emily is not only compassionate but highly skilled in addressing the needs of children in crisis. Her former experience as an elementary teacher gives her incredible insight. Her professionalism and integrity are above reproach. We are blessed to have someone her in this area!

Submitted Oct. 4, 2011 | flag

I have known Dr. Sheets for many years and she worked very closely with my daughter, now 24, who has been a complicated and difficult case. Emily's love and compassion, her understanding, and her endless strategies helped far more than even she knows. I would highly recommend her to anyone who has a hurting child or a suffering family.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2010 | flag