You may also like

Rate Dr. Randall Trester

Dr. Randall Trester's Ratings

I wish I had read these reviews prior to starting my treatments at Dr. Trester's office. Much like all of the other reviewers here, I was prescribed with a ridiculous schedule of appointments, at 3x/week. Although I did enjoy the adjustments, I can honestly say that I didn't notice much of a difference in how I was feeling overall (after a year of treatment).

When my 'treatment cycle' was due to end, they had me book an appointment to do an x-ray to compare the results of my treatment and ultimately sell me more. I tried to book this appointment for my usual time (around lunch hour), but was told this was impossible 'due to the nature of the appointment' and that it had to be at the end of the day. Fine. I turn up for my follow up appointment and I am the only patient in the office. Coincidence? No. After listening to them try to sell me on more appointments and how my life will go to shambles if I don't continue, I kindly tried to decline their services. They continued with their condescending selling tactics and all I wanted to do was get out of there. The fact that they purposely scheduled my appointment for the end of the day when no other clients were around made me feel as though I was being attacked and pressured by Dr. Trester and his wife. I finally made my way out of the office, but not before being told that I was essentially not welcomed back unless I pay their assessment and xray fees again.

As soon as I stepped out of that office I was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2750507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. Randall Trester's response
It is interesting that you decided it was necessary to go online to criticize us ANONYMOUSLY after supposedly "after a year of treatment".
Most of what of said is being construed in whatever way suits your agenda here.
"Scheduling your appointment when supposedly no one else is in the office or selling tactics or paying assessment and xray fees again etc..." is factually incorrect, false and misleading.
It is sad really.
Unfortunately, there will be HATERS!

Submitted March 20, 2015

The only way to effectively deal with people like this : bcchiro.com

Make a formal complaint to protect others!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2666939].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
We would be happy to appear with you in front of the chiropractic board to resolve this matter with you in person instead of having you attack and criticize us anonymously.
It is easy to go online anonymously to make slanderous statements without a response or repercussions.
We will stand up and answer any and all questions so please come forward.
We have dedicated our lives to helping others and are proud of what we do!

Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
I have never forced my health philosophies on anyone. We give people an alternative way of living their lives versus all the drugs & surgeries that are pushed by others. We sell hope and faith in a world that is controlled by those that sell fear. We teach people to have faith in their bodies and to follow a more sensible lifestyle that includes regular exercise, healthy eating, proper rest, positive thinking and chiropractic care. Those of you that are interested, yes you were designed to be healthy not sick. Get into a chiropractic lifestyle...it is awesome!

Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

I began seeing Dr. Trester after experiencing minor discomfort in my back most likely due to my office job. I was pleasantly surprised to see that others have had the same experience with Randall Trester and that his rating on this website accurately reflects my feelings regarding him. I say pleasantly surprised because through aggressive marketing and urging his patients to vote he has been able to attain number 1 or 2 chiropractor in the Georgia Straight and Westender papers for several years running (never ever base the selection of a medical practitioner on these sham newspapers). My experience was very consistent with the reviews below. I was told for the first month I had to come in three times a week and two times a week for the second month and so on. I obliged as he was the first chiropractor I had visited and thought that perhaps that's just how it worked (turns out it's not). He was so aggressive with this that if I had to miss an appointment in a given week he'd require me to come in an 'extra' time in the week following. I finally had enough when after about a year he said I required X-rays to check up on my progress despite the fact I had never been in an accident and had only experienced minor pain.

I was so turned off of chiro after Dr. Trester that I switched to massage therapy to treat my minor discomfort caused by my office job. In the three years since I have now found a new chiropractor I am very satisfied with so far (Dr. Zavosh). I informed him up front that I was not willing to pay for X-rays unless required (he agreed and said they were unnecessary) and that I would like to come in periodically when I felt like I needed it (he also agreed). It's good to know there are honest chiropractors in vancouver; unfortunately Dr Trester is not one of them.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2663332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
It's too bad that you feel it is necessary to write your opinion 3 years later on Christmas Day. It is easy to attack and criticize us anonymously because you have a different opinion than us. It is cruel and petty, but technology allows people to do this online without repercussions whether true or not. We ARE honest and have dedicated our lives to helping other people and to suggest otherwise is completely false.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

The whole experience felt like a sales pitch from the beginning, I should have known better. Terrible experience. Glad I only went a few times.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2639059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
It is easy to attack and criticize us anonymously. It is cruel and petty, but technology allows people to do this online without repercussions whether true or not.
As Eleanor Roosevelt famously stated:
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I appreciate that Dr. Trester focuses on a healthy lifestyle and not just on adjustments. I like that his treatment is thorough and that he explains each technique and checks in on your process. I did not enjoy the sales aspect of the the office but I was happy to offer referrals because I really enjoyed my experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
We are happy to hear you've enjoyed the experience in our office and appreciate your referrals. Thank you for all of your feedback.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Terrible experience...wasted money for minor improvement
Met him at a Health conference, my friend and I got a "free" assessment where he told us what was wrong with our spines. I had no pain, not in an accident etc. I just happen to stop by the booth at the Health show

Decided to go in for the "free" consultation that cost $70 because I had insurance and he offered the $495 package to make me feel better. My friend did not and decided NOT to do the package and he was charged the "free" $70!!!

Long story short, his appointments are ALWAYS LATE. If the appointment time was 5:30, he'd see me at 6:15PM. CONSISTENTLY. I couldn't wait to get out of this money grabbing scheme

I was thinking of reporting this practice to the chiropractor board. If I have some time, I will

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2516462].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
The information you state is quite confusing and factually incorrect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503284].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

This doctor has been reciving good reviews from the West Ender and Georgia Straight, but I agree with the negative reviews posted here. He was not polite at all, and he does not know how to treat his patients. I spent $ 230 for the first two visits for the assessment and had no treatment. The recommendation he offered me included 3 times visits per week for 4 weeks and a special pillow. I did not agree with that and he told me he could not help me. Any doctor should not treat patients like this way.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2496491].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I would not recommend this Chiropractor. There are many other chiros out there who are punctual and respect your time, don't make you watch promotional videos, and don't take part in awkward sales/up-selling practices. I felt very uncomfortable. Nice receptionist but I definitely won't go back. The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2365890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Its been years since my experience with Dr. Trester and while on the surface I enjoyed it initially, the reasons I left are strikingly similar to those posted on this site. I was so put off by experience with Dr Trester, and the feeling that I was being "sold" into a life time commitment, that I was reluctant to try it again for years. I finished my initial program with Dr Trester which was 3x/week for several weeks, at which point I was made to watch sales video's about why and how I should convince my friends and family to sign up as well. THEN, just as I thought I would downgrade to a few times a month, I was recommended 2-3x/week for the for forseeable future.....which is pretty much what he's saying he never does. XRay wise, I was also very obviously "posed" for my follow up XRay, so that when compared to my first, it appeared my posture was more erect and straight while it was portrayed as "improvement" . I think that in itself justifies any skepticism regarding in house xrays.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][525608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Randall Trester's response
It is easy to attack and criticize us anonymously, but technology allows people to do this online without repercussions whether true or not.
No one is ever told they would need 3x per week "for the foreseeable future" and it is false and misleading to state otherwise. We do not have patients "pose" for the xrays either as they are done professionally and to the required standards.