Rate Dr. Randall Trester

Dr. Randall Trester's Ratings

Terrible experience...wasted money for minor improvement
Met him at a Health conference, my friend and I got a "free" assessment where he told us what was wrong with our spines. I had no pain, not in an accident etc. I just happen to stop by the booth at the Health show

Decided to go in for the "free" consultation that cost $70 because I had insurance and he offered the $495 package to make me feel better. My friend did not and decided NOT to do the package and he was charged the "free" $70!!!

Long story short, his appointments are ALWAYS LATE. If the appointment time was 5:30, he'd see me at 6:15PM. CONSISTENTLY. I couldn't wait to get out of this money grabbing scheme

I was thinking of reporting this practice to the chiropractor board. If I have some time, I will

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

This doctor has been reciving good reviews from the West Ender and Georgia Straight, but I agree with the negative reviews posted here. He was not polite at all, and he does not know how to treat his patients. I spent $ 230 for the first two visits for the assessment and had no treatment. The recommendation he offered me included 3 times visits per week for 4 weeks and a special pillow. I did not agree with that and he told me he could not help me. Any doctor should not treat patients like this way.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I would not recommend this Chiropractor. There are many other chiros out there who are punctual and respect your time, don't make you watch promotional videos, and don't take part in awkward sales/up-selling practices. I felt very uncomfortable. Nice receptionist but I definitely won't go back. The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Submitted May 10, 2014 | flag

Its been years since my experience with Dr. Trester and while on the surface I enjoyed it initially, the reasons I left are strikingly similar to those posted on this site. I was so put off by experience with Dr Trester, and the feeling that I was being "sold" into a life time commitment, that I was reluctant to try it again for years. I finished my initial program with Dr Trester which was 3x/week for several weeks, at which point I was made to watch sales video's about why and how I should convince my friends and family to sign up as well. THEN, just as I thought I would downgrade to a few times a month, I was recommended 2-3x/week for the for forseeable future.....which is pretty much what he's saying he never does. XRay wise, I was also very obviously "posed" for my follow up XRay, so that when compared to my first, it appeared my posture was more erect and straight while it was portrayed as "improvement" . I think that in itself justifies any skepticism regarding in house xrays.

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Trester gives excellent adjustments (especially the neck) but is a pushy salesman selling his "package" and lifestyle. He tells you that chiropractic care will heal everything and do not immunize your kids even though they do not have kids. Would you let your kids play with another kid that had polio? Are you telling me a strong immune system will protect my child from whooping cough? Friggin kidding me?!? A toddler has no immune system and catches EVERYTHING!!! Have a kid first guys. Would you take your baby on an international flight not vaccinated? What if they got hurt and ended up in the hospital in Mexico unvaccinated?! Ridiculous. Try a few chiropractors before committing to one or you'll end up having to stay with the cult until your prepaid package is done.

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

I completely agree with the negative reviews posted here. This place is nothing but high-pressure sales that verge on, IMO, illegal. I came in once, was checked out and told I'd need a number of repeat visits, coincidentally exactly the same number as to use up my insurance allotment for the year. When I balked at this I was condescendingly told I was damaging my own health and it was all my fault. My first visit was so uncomfortable and awkward that I had no intention of returning. I've since gone to a real chiropractor who specialized in ART and he fixed my issue in four appointments, no pressure, and no desire to take me for everything I can spend.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

There seems to be two sets of patients - those that support Dr. Trester's practice regularly and those that felt no improvement and scammed. I think Dr. Trester's fans appreciate the attention and regular visits. Asking to reduce visits creates a very tense environment where Dr. Trester will try to intimidate the patient into continuing treatments. It is also very difficult to get him to release xrays and files that you the patient havepaid for. Since xrays are done in house, I'm not sure how credible they are. Most other med staff will agree you don't need to see them 3x a week for several months in order to feel better. Get through your pain and find someone else.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

Terrible, buyer beware. I feel stupid for using this guy...wasted money for minor improvement...yes I did the one or two exercises they told me to do. Like many others have stated...this guy cares about nothing other than making money. Check other chiros before you start wasting your money. Saw other chiro and got advice from a few more...all have said that you don't need to see them three times a week for several months in order to feel better. To sell you his garbage he will show you before and after xrays to go along with some crappy videos. Should have looked at reviews on him before I became a victim myself. I still talk to couple of the people that I met at his office while waiting lenghty times...all have stopped going there. RUN AWAY BEFORE YOU LOOSE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY...i feel so stupid for being ripped off.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag