Dr. Michael Kalisiak

Dr. Michael Kalisiak

Rate Dr. Michael Kalisiak

Dr. Michael Kalisiak's Ratings

The most caring doctor I have ever encountered taking time to make me the patient comfortable.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2013 | flag

He was a refreshing change after previously seeing his Calgary partner. Very helpful and took lots of time to explain and made me feel like I mattered as a person. Sorry to see him move on to a new practice.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

Very difficult to tell if his knowledge can compensate for everything else. He is always late, even if the waiting room is empty (if that's any indication of how many patients he is seeing while you are waiting). Every single follow-up appointment I have ever made has always been cancelled and postponed for 6 months later. He always seems to be in a rush. If you need to ask questions and have them answered, don't make the mistake of asking if he has the time, because although he can't say "no", he will indicate he's extremely busy. I don't understand why he is in such a rush each and every time I see him. Each visit, I get pamphlets on my condition... as if that compensates for not taking the time to discuss my condition at length. Ultimately, by the time the dust settles and you realize you have more questions, you're stuck waiting another year (6 momths follow-up + 6 month postponed)

Submitted Aug. 10, 2012 | flag

For my first visit the Dr. was 40 minutes late and yet the waiting room seemed fairly empty. Follow up appt has been canceled and rescheduled twice now. Not impressed but the office staff was at least professional

Submitted Aug. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kalisiak was great! Very knowledgeable, clear and precise. I'll be going back for sure.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

WHile the Dr seemed knowledgeable it took several months to get in and then he cancelled and it took several more months. Once I got in the treatment was OK, barely. As my condition got worse I was told I had to go back to my family doctor for a new referral and the receptionist told me to just get the prescription from my family dr. Do not see this guy it will be a complete waste of your time.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

I've seen Dr. Kalisiak several times. He's usually late for the appointment by 30 minutes even though there are usually only one or two other people in the waiting room. He's very nice, however, and I find he listens well and takes the time to discuss his plan with you and he makes sure you're ok with it. Dermatology can be a lot of trial and error so you have to be patient if the first thing doesn't work. I've been seeing him for about a year now and my skin condition has improved greatly but Dr. Kalisiak wants to improve it even more, without the use of prescription drugs. I appreciate this, but in the back of my mind I wonder if it's a clever way to sell me skin conditioning products. I bought some for $35 but I’m hopeful that it will work. All other medical prescriptions have been covered with my drug plan. I say give this doctor a chance; just don't book an important meeting after it because you will be late.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kalsiak has seen me for a suspicious mole, diagnosed early melanoma, removed it within couple days, and explained the details of the diagnosis. Ha also checked all my skin and told me how to look at my moles to find problems early. This was the first time my skin was checked in such detail (and I have seen dermatologists, too). I'll be following up with him.

Submitted June 20, 2010 | flag

If this is the same doctor that I am seeing in Calgary, I must say that I have been VERY impressed. I came in with a troublesome mole and he immediately reassured me that it was NOT to be a concern. However, he took the time to check the rest of me and did discover an area that was of concern. On my first appointment, he insisted on taking a biopsy and having it tested. It turned out to be a Basal Cell Carcinoma and I am currently being treated. I would never have even thought to mention this area and so am extremely greatful to the diligence of this doctor and the continued follow up treatment I am recieivng.

Submitted May 13, 2010 | flag

I have seen Dr. Kalisiak on several occasions for different problems and not once have I found his suggestions or prescriptions helpful. I am very disappointed in him and I plan to find a much better dermatologist (shouldn't be difficult).

Submitted July 2, 2009 | flag